Supercuts

Supercuts Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,156 reviews

Productive and good place to work. Good clientele

Supercuts is an excellent stepping stone for apprenticeship and learning new systems. Atmosphere is relaxed and easy going. Most customers are friendly and easy to talk to. Hours are flexible which is good given that various appointments can be scheduled. Co-workers are easy to get along with and carry out shared responsibilities without hesitation.

Cut after cut….all day.

Pay scale was not great. You had to do over 30 cuts a day to even get on the scale. At the time they didn’t provide color . Got very boring.Customers constantly complained about the wait times.

Insights into Supercuts

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

No benefits, low pay

Loved the clients. Low pay and no benefits. Lots of walk ins so easy to build clientele. Team players. Familiarity with alot of customers, returning customers. Easy to upsell and sell products.

Pros

Tips

Cons

No benefits and low pay

Don't do it

If you want to be overworked and under appreciated then this is the company for you.The work/home balance doesn't exist, upper management is only concerned about money.

Pros

Great clientele, some coworkers were nice

Cons

Long hours, under paid, horrible upper management, total disregard for health

A typical day at work

It's a good place to start after you graduate from beauty school. You get to learn more about haircuts and get experience. The pay is low if you don't make enough clients during the day,.

Pros

You gain experience

Cons

The pay

Normal.

Fun workplace. I enjoyed working there. Good people. Nice hair salon. Wonderful service. Good quality products. You can get very useful advice about hair care there.

Leaving your brains in the car

it has more to do with the quantity than the quality, so it don't matter how good you are as a stylist,,its more of how much product can you sell,and how many people can you do a day ,that's how you get hours there ,being good as a stylist and being popular with the clients is not that important to them.you can be a butcher and get better hours ,than being great,,true story

Great Staff

Great stepping stone for anyone looking for a salon with continued education. Each salon varies on staff and management, when having a great team makes for a great work experience,

productive

Good work enviroment, just need to offer better wages and benefits to their employees if they'd like them to stay at their job longer. Also offer fulltime hours instead of 25..

Enjoyed the mant years

I foynd management lack of authority and knowledge when replaceing regular persons to full in time off. Example i had surgery schedualed for carpal tunnel and could nit fet appropriate documentation from anyone to worker compinsation. I was sent from one person to another. Contunually passed around. My manager was on a leave for her second child. I wont go back vecause of it

Good pay and Benefits

The pay was good, you got what you worked for. if you took in more clients you made more money. and you made good comission as well. the management was curupt and abusive in the salon i worked in. you have a probelm with someone you tell them, you dont ignore it and gosip behind their back and bring them down for things they havent done wrong just cuz you dont know how to bring up the actual person like a grown up.

Great employees to work with

Supercuts is a great place to start for someone fresh out of beauty school. They offer training and a mentor. You have a guaranteed clientele right off the bat.

Hairstylist

I loved the people that worked there. Management is horrible and so is the district leader. I have been harrassed ever since new managment has came into play. I was denied benefits.

Good hours.

Good staff. Good hours . management was bad. Didn't listen to concerns. Work staff was fun. Management was very distracting when coming in for visits .

Great atmosphere

A very busy salon always aim to please customers. Loads of regulars returning. Staff very easy to get along with ! Good hours 9-5:30. There was also opportunity to work extra when others where on holiday. Loved working there I only left because i relocated.

Pros

Good manager always helpful

Cons

Not many late nights apart from Christmas time

Busy, fun, interesting, always room to grow.

I enjoyed my time there. It was usually busy from open to close. I was able to meet lots of new people. Everyday there was the possibility to learn something new. I got along with the people I worked with. When there were no customers in, it gave time so clean shelves, and read about the products to stay well informed of the products, and to be able to answer questions about them.

Great management and company parties.

It was a good starting point in my career as a stylist, the management was great. I had a great relationship with my colleagues, we were like one big family. The company provided re certification of our hair styling skills, which was really good.

Pros

Paid maternity leave and 3 weeks vacation time.

Cons

A few overtime hours that were sometimes too much.

Great place to learn

Supercuts teaches you how to cut & color hair. I gained confidence as a stylist through working hear. I grew into a management position and am thankful for that oppurtunity. The only downside is that they are open 7 days a week, and we are not ablet to get a set schedule in the coporate salons I work. It's a rotating schedule. Also, I have gotten almost all the days off I wanted.

Fast pace, free for all!

Working in a very busy fast passed salon was great. I had clients coming out of my ears. Problem was we had no management. I worked for a corporate company and often my co-worker would decide not to show up for work so you were double booked and dealing with unhappy clients who waited beyond a reasonable time. I focused on my job at hand! Keeping the client in my chair happy and made great tips but poor wage. I maintained a clean and safe work STATION. However, the other stylist not so much. I was the only person to vacuum or take garbage out. "cleaning toilets wasn't in there job description" so I did. I can't expect a client to us a washroom that is unsanitary!

Pros

Great tips!

Cons

POOR managment!

very likeable career

management was a little lacking when the hiring manager left but, it not the managers fault it was the management aboves responsability to train all new managers regardless to how long they have been working in the organization.

Pros

very socailable career, flexable hours.

Cons

not enough staff and can extremly overbearing and take up all your personal life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement