Super 8 Motels

Super 8 Motels Employee Reviews

Was an awesome place to work and my coworkers were great as well. The hours were awesome and I loved my job there for the time I was employed. But wouldnt recommend talking about your personal life or anything else amongst fellow coworkers.
Pros
Great hours
I truly enjoyed my job at supper 8 hotel. The only cons I had was not enough hours in a week to have full week salary other then that my time working for super 8 hotel was exciting and fun friendly co workers and staff
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Wasn't enough hours
When I was hired at super 8 at the time mr andersen was in process of buying & being a housekeeper there is fun and alot of friends made awesome boss
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
6-8 Depending
staff and management was understanding I have back issues and thy all understood that and pitched in where it was needed...Laundry was a big part of what I had to do but it was ok...did get it all done sometimes if we were busy tho...
Pros
i would love to work there again
Cons
lots of standing
I really enjoyed working for the Super 8. Management and the lead housekeepers are great people to work with. They try to start every day with a laugh and are great at trying to keep moral up during the tougher days. It can be hard days as you never know what to expect with housekeeping, but if you are one who takes pride in their work, you can always feel pride in taking a room from roughly used to pristine. Sad that COVID-19 affected the hotel, but would highly recommend this as a good option once tourism returns.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Pandemic destroyed tourism.
The General Manager is awesome! He is a rare find for a boss because he's a person who cares first and is very approachable any time of day regardless how busy he is. He's the 1st boss that my utmost respect and admiration. The housekeeping main lead is the best. She has a sense of humour and makes going to and being at work exciting and fun! It is a team that is very much a family because somebody always there to give a helping hand. The average day within housekeeping is about 6 and a half hours but when it is busy the day can be on rare occasions 10 hours. The hardest part about the job is finding muscles you didn't know you had. The enjoyable part is the people you work with and the guests.I would return to work for this employer in a heartbeat!
Pros
An awesome GM, mgmt, staff, and guests
Cons
Long hours on rare occassions
The managers at my location disregarded workers rights, disrespected even the most loyal and hard workers, as well as a general lack of common sense. As proof: here were at least ten people who trained and quit the next day while I was there because it was so bad, and now the managers are under investigation because of the seriousness of their faults. The manager once explained her frustration with the front staff because they said twelve hours was a long shift. I was humiliated, they threatened to fire me countless times, they got mad about things they hadn’t trained me for, and at the end of my four months there (summer job), they threw me a going away party, gave gifts, and told me to come back next summer. I honestly can’t believe this was a chain franchise with such horrible management. Furthermore, their veteran housekeeper, who’d been there for over a year, was looking for a third job to support her family, so that might give some insight into pay.
Pros
they kept me through the summer, consistent schedule with two days off in a row
Cons
high stress, minimum wage, and several workers rights violations at my location, disrespectful managers
Bien comme travaille étudiant. Les fins de semaines sont TRES agitées par contre et les clients boivent de l'alcool donc il faut parfois gérer seul 50 personnes saoules a 2h du matin...La gérante est très réceptive. Belle ambiance avec les collègues.
Pros
Travailler seule
Cons
Om doit faire les taches des autres département.
Great place to work. Management is supportive of you advancing within hotel. Management is willing to teach new things. Schedule is flexible. Work environment is friendly and pleasant.
I love working in Super8. The manager and hotel owner is super friendly and nice. I learned so much in housekeeping job and being a laundry attendant..
They do not pay over time for extended hours and intentionally deduct from you pay check for no reason. Owner herself takes empty bottles and tips from the rooms that belong to the cleaning staff.
I love working at the fantasyland hotel. I have made alot of friends and i love it better then my last job. The manager is such a nice and caring lady. Only thing is their needs to be more rule following because some of the staff dont follow the rules and its supposed to be english only and the people who speak another language seem to have a hard time following this policy
I would recommend my friends family to work at Cochrane super 8.nice fast paste hotel always team work friendly staff willing to help each other out no one's gets left behind we all leave together.super 8 was the bestest place I worked I'm my life.
good experience would recommend working here. company is good and supportive, they take care of their employees and also pays well. all individuals have equal opportunities to grow
Cette emploi est un excellent travail. Le problème étant le nombre d’heure travaillé par semaine
worked in Peterborough at a super 8, didnt give me breaks, gave me a 3-11pm shift then a 7am-3pm the next day. management couldnt care less about employees. work anywhere else.
Never again. Worst employer ever. Very rude and they were so disrespectful to thier clients. I was fired for giving a paying client a roll of toilet paper
Typical day is items left for you that wasn’t done from day staff, which is a lot as their always short staffed due to improper scheduling which always cause a snowball effect within all depts- leaving a hostile environment!
Pros
Cons
Above
I was very surprised to see how competitive and undermining the staff were. I found the environment toxic and divisive. The staff wete not supportive of each other and they seemed to want other team members to fail
i like working it was new too me something i like to get more experience and i like to work in the hotel and find a job in Saskatoon would be good place because i just move here from north battleford
Pros
good hrs
Cons
night shifts
friendly staff to work with, we had a very understanding manager at that time. my work was very well appreciated it was productive and a fun workplace with swimming pool. clients that i looked after were very friendly and no complaints.
Pros
friendly staff
  1. Employee reviews