Super 8 Motels

Super 8 Motels Employee Reviews

Canada85 reviews
it was good job training
i like working it was new too me something i like to get more experience and i like to work in the hotel and find a job in Saskatoon would be good place because i just move here from north battleford
Pros
good hrs
Cons
night shifts
Great đź’Ż
I love working in Super8. The manager and hotel owner is super friendly and nice. I learned so much in housekeeping job and being a laundry attendant..
No pay for extended hours
They do not pay over time for extended hours and intentionally deduct from you pay check for no reason. Owner herself takes empty bottles and tips from the rooms that belong to the cleaning staff.
Fantasyland hotel
I love working at the fantasyland hotel. I have made alot of friends and i love it better then my last job. The manager is such a nice and caring lady. Only thing is their needs to be more rule following because some of the staff dont follow the rules and its supposed to be english only and the people who speak another language seem to have a hard time following this policy
I loved working at super 8
I would recommend my friends family to work at Cochrane super 8.nice fast paste hotel always team work friendly staff willing to help each other out no one's gets left behind we all leave together.super 8 was the bestest place I worked I'm my life.
productive
good experience would recommend working here.

company is good and supportive, they take care of their employees and also pays well.

all individuals have equal opportunities to grow
Super bien
Cette emploi est un excellent travail. Le problème étant le nombre d’heure travaillé par semaine
completely terrible
worked in Peterborough at a super 8, didnt give me breaks, gave me a 3-11pm shift then a 7am-3pm the next day. management couldnt care less about employees. work anywhere else.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Super 8 Motels?
Worst employer ever
Never again. Worst employer ever. Very rude and they were so disrespectful to thier clients. I was fired for giving a paying client a roll of toilet paper
Hardest part of your job
Typical day is items left for you that wasn’t done from day staff, which is a lot as their always short staffed due to improper scheduling which always cause a snowball effect within all depts- leaving a hostile environment!
Pros
Cons
Above
Toxic
I was very surprised to see how competitive and undermining the staff were. I found the environment toxic and divisive. The staff wete not supportive of each other and they seemed to want other team members to fail
very productive and friendly
friendly staff to work with, we had a very understanding manager at that time. my work was very well appreciated it was productive and a fun workplace with swimming pool. clients that i looked after were very friendly and no complaints.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
It’s a good place to work
The co workers help you out if u need it. The boss is good and works well with. The places are nice and well kept. Sometimes we have too many rooms to clean but that’s where the co workers come in handy.
Quit
One of the worst places I’ve worked for management can’t speak any English and they push you to your breaking point I wouldn’t ever recommend this job to any one that I know.
Love the job not the place
The company is like others you work with the general population quite often and they always feel like they deserve the most expensive hotel at the price of a budget hotel!
The employees are always fun to work with and the Manager has a great outlook on life!
Super 8 Ajax Shameful
The culture was businesslike and welcoming for several years. New owner came 2017 who demeaned and pushed out/fired ALL employees to hire his own kind. Worst I hv ever seen!
Awful
This place was run down. Management was poor at best. They had no wants to better the hotel, found out it's nothing but a tax write off for them and if you disagree with a policy you are publicly humiliated
Nice work environment
Fun environment to work the staff are knowledgeable and fast. Caring place of work. Need to be very fast unfortunately. Management was nice. Take the time to train and make sure you know where things are and what's needed to be done.
Its an Okay Place to Work
Working at super 8 is good, benefits are great, but if you want an extra day off Hard Luck on that one!
Low on staff, management not willing on hiring an extra person. I personally feel a great deal of pressure because of this, even during an emergency you have to think about the job and show up leaving everything behind.
Very nice comforting place for the whole family.
Very nice people to work with. Always there to help and lend a hand if u need anything. Food is great and very nice comforting place. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Bad bad environment
So called manager steels management oweners dont do anything leave you working long hours with out notice. No schedule just call you in expect you to work 10 to 15 days in a row no overtime