Super 8 Motels Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB25 January 2019
I honestly loved working there. The staff were always friendly and never a dull moment. Great job to do for someone young and willing to learn, I was always happy going to work.
Decent workplace with good management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Windsor, NS10 January 2019
I haven’t worked there long, I like it for the most part but pay is always different and there are absolutely no hours from December to February. It would be a great job for a first time worker.
Pros
Same hours every shift
Cons
There is no work in the winter months at all.
Not recommended
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB10 December 2018
I prefer not to go into detail. But with poor management and management from owners, to minimum wage and no over time. Treated badly if all room aren't done when they want.
Cons
Overworked, Bad Pay, No Raises, No advancement
Awesome place to work
Hotel Manager (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK7 November 2018
I like everything about this company. I started working as a front desk in 2014 and then got promoted to hotel manager. All the staff is nice and friendly.
Really fun place just manager was rude to everyone
Drywall Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 September 2018
My review is that working there is a lot of fun. But the only down side was that the manager was always yelling at everyone and trust me I barely make mistakes but he still freaked out witch is not right for any manager to do especially to tell at residences
Pros
Cash
Cons
Rude manager
Nice Place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC26 August 2018
I worked there in the late 90's It was a good job. The staff was great and I got to work in several areas- laundry, help clean rooms etc. I enjoyed meeting all the travellers coming through.
Pros
Full shifts
Cons
working alone
relaxing environment but gets lonely
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 August 2018
you're working alone at the desk so its nice because you can relax and work at your own pace but it does get lonely. Hard part of the job is guests who complain a lot but it comes with the job and is expected.
typical day, setting breakfast station, making coffee, folding towels and sheets, giving room keys to housekeepers, processing payments, answering phones
great funny people, easy to adapt to surroundings and work
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB15 August 2018
everyone there is nice and easy to get along with and are very understanding in the workplace from my experience anyways. i enjoyed working there it was a fun and in a way a calming environment
Bon emplois étudiant
Commis au service d'entretien (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, QC28 July 2018
Parfait pour un emplois étudiant. les journée chargé corresponde au calendrier scolaire la plupart du temps
Good
Front desk, Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 June 2018
super 8 is all about guest satisfaction and the staff is really good and cooperative. sometimes we are really busy so it makes it a lot difficult at times.
good place to work with
Front Desk Manager/bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB2 April 2018
great management, good environment. I learned a lot there, customer service, accounts receivables, computer skills. unfortunately, I had to move from there.
please review
Supervisor of maintenance (Former Employee) –  High River, AB23 March 2018
Canasta has a pretty good company. they gave their employees some nice perks. The company spent too much money on advertisements, they hired an incompetent manager that I was unable to work with. She was let go in less than a month after i quit. Her supervisor was more incompetent than the manager. Other than the than the chamber maid and a good set of maids the staff was incompetantant. I did all I could keep the property clean and well groomed, as well keep the pool and hot tub clean.
Great Environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  3400 Steeles Ave W, Concord, ON L4K 1A27 March 2018
I worked at Super 8 Toronto North for a little over four years I stared in June 2014 and was laid off due to renovations in Feb 2017. A typical day at the hotel for me was washing, drying, and folding linens and towels, organizing Landry room shelves, packing housekeepers carts. and then at 11 am cleaning checkout and occupied rooms once i finished my rooms it was back to Landry Room and then helping other Housekeepers complete their task before my shift ended. I learned during my time at the Hotel was over and above all Patience because just like in retail you are dealing with multiple customers ranging between all cultural backgrounds, ages, and ethnicity's and you as the Room Attendant or Housekeeper you have the four main customers at the hotel however they are guest's you have the regular guest who checks out on time or gives the okay to clean their room. the guest who is the early riser who is out of their room before the sun comes up, late riser who always wants to extend their check out time, and the time waster guest who bothers you and comes in while you are cleaning the room. The management team at the Hotel was great always helped me when i needed it. The workplace culture and ethnicity was a mix of different cultures. The hardest part of my day to day job honestly and sometimes dealing with the guest that will not leave their rooms on time. The most enjoyable part was working the guest's and the friends I made.
Pros
Close to restaurants
Cons
lack of hours during Reno
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 March 2018
The work environment at Shoppers Drug mart is great the people are all friendly. My typical work day at Shoppers is returning things from the cash back onto the shelves, facing, replacing stoke , and on Fridays its taking down the old flyer and putting up the new flyer after that is completed its time to face the shelves which basically means making then look full and applying to the eye of the costumer. Well working at Shoppers the thing I learned over and above all is Patience. The customers you are dealing with are all different you get the regular customers coming in and knowing exactly what they want and where to find it, but the you the part time costumer and the new costumer that come in and ask where to find the product they are looking for and finale the costumers that come to just bother and waste your time. My Management team was super cool they were friendly and when asked to many question they would always take the time to help me. The workplace culture and ethnicity was a mix of different ethnicity's, religions, and cultures. The hardest part of my day to day job was looking and finding stock on the shelves in the backroom and on the computer. The most enjoyable part of my job was it was close to home and school, The customers, and the friends I made.
Pros
Free Breakfast after Sunday Meetings and Employee discounts
Cons
lack of some product on the shelves
Welcoming and fast paced
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON2 February 2018
All of the staff was a good set of people. Everyone was devoted to great customer service and everyone worked with one another to make sure that happened.
A wonderful hotel to work for.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB10 December 2017
The guest rooms truly are fifteen minute rooms. Linen/store rooms on each floor and replenished twice daily by laundry room staff. the housekeeping supervisor is an amazing person to work for. The hotel is next to the major shopping area of Edson.
Résumé
Gérante - Barmaid et Serveuse (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Thérèse, QC16 November 2017
Aucune possibilité de carrière à long terme.
Bel ambiance de travail
Pros
Ambiance de travail
Cons
Aucune possibilité de carrière à long terme
Bad employer
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC31 October 2017
Job description was misleading. I would never work for them again. They hired me as a part-time employee, then had me working 50 hours a week they fired me just before I completed my probationary period.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Mean people
Great
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON24 July 2017
Great leadership and open understanding for listening to staff and accepting there ideas and implementing the ideas. Always there for ALL staff, when assistance, both work and persona were required.l
A lovely place to get a good night sleep
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB13 July 2017
When I worked the front desk everything was done by hand. The management was nice, but unpredictable. I preferred working during the day than at night. Night audits were also done by hand and a hard process for me.
Pros
A well kept place for a good night sleep
Cons
Management was unpredictible and the pay was terrible