Sunwing Travel Group
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Sunwing Travel Group Employee Reviews

Canada208 reviews

airlineflighttravelpassengeraviationdestinationcolleaguesalary

Empresa que tem muito potencial porém com constante mudanças acaba afetando o seu relacionamento com a empresa

I love it to worked for the company when I was base in YVR after a decided to get a promotion and moved to YYC everything went down. No qualify base manager and was a jungle.

Pros

Pay very well

Cons

East against west poor communication

Trash

The worst job experience. I worked at Tim Hortons for 1 year and it was WAYYY better than working at sunwing. Management doesn’t not help at all. Co-workers will stab you to make sure their monthly quota is better yours. Super toxic environment. The discount is trash as well. They give you a discount for tickets but doesn’t give you any day offs.

Insights into Sunwing Travel Group

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility

Lots of learning and great people to work with

I had no experience in travel, but the training has been amazing, the supervisors for training and post training are great to work with. Travel itself is a tricky yet rewarding business, and I have found a new passion now, where colleagues are like family.

Superb perks for travel and laid back work from home placement

Best place to work with nice perks . Don’t try to bother to much, if you get your work done it’s a wonderful place to work with lots of incentives and travel bonuses

Fun environment

Great company to work for. A bit fast paced at times but the great staff make it worthwhile. The training and on-boarding was great. Had to leave because my husband found a job out of country. If we came back to Canada I would work there again. Work life balance is also very fair and the company makes you feel like you belong

Not what it seems

Training was alright, but there was so many system issue even when sent home to work, and nobody would do anything about it. I wasted weeks of training due to system issues. They say they a family, but when you need help or feeling discouraged there is no support. Most of us had to learn on our own they didn’t care if you were prepared or not. Seemed to only care to help those who make money for the company. Overall experience was disappointing. I would say Air Canada treated me better as an employee than Sunwing.

Pros

Nice co-workers and some sups

Cons

Systems issues all the time and don’t care like they say they do.

Fun workplace

I enjoyed working here as you were rewarded for the amount of work you put in. The environment was pretty laid back and the travel incentives were awesome at the time.

If you like to be micromanaged this is the place to be

Great team spirit, however the micromanagement (specially if you work remotely) will prevail. They create policies without even telling the team. You are asked to welcome your new peers and then they let go people without advising. Lots of favoritism and backbiting. There is better out there.

Convetion collective non-respecté

L'employeur ne respect pas souvent la convention collective et on doit se battre constamment pour nos conditions de travails.

horrible

do no work here. very stressful, management is disrespectful,. I would not recommend anyone to work here, even for beginner I don't think its worth it.

Pros

travel discount

Cons

everything

Fun

Love working with SunWing. I thoroughly enjoyed my training and my supervisors. I also loved the flight attendants that I worked with. If COVID had Not hit i would still be working there!

Not worth it

The pay rate wasn’t great but the benefits including pto were nice. The training is a bit difficult and extensive ,you won’t feel fully prepared even after completing it.

Stressful and toxic environment

I don’t have enough training, they expect you to know everything from the first day, they are busy in winter , hire me in November and extend my probation till end of April , bombarded me with lot of jobs and there is no overtime payments , job supposed to be permanent but there is a clause in contract, allows them to extend probation , they closed most of the locations by April , that is why , they lay off me . They are going to hiring in next November (purchasing role ) I don’t recommend working in purchasing department, unreliable people .

Pros

Hybrid

Cons

Unreliable manager, stressful working

I love it

If you like to travel and work with great people this is the place. Everyone is very attentive to your need, If you have a problem it’s open door policy.

Excellent company

Very friendly co workers. Excellent training. Great management. Every job has pros and cons but working as a flight attendant is a very unique position. The safety training is second to none.

Pros

Travel, meeting new people and crew every Flight

Cons

Seasonal bases have summer layoffs, flight benefits could be better.

I was working from home and I left the job because of family issue but it's a lovely place to work for

Working as an agent you have to book flight, hotels or package for vacation. The company provide training to new employees so that they can learn what to do

great crews

can be challenging to work long hours or having busy flight schedule but the crews and the people you will meet makes it worth it! Every flight is different and its very stimulating.

Sunwing FA

I love the family culture at Sunwing. Depending on your base you often fly with the same group of people. Everyone for the most part is friendly. One of the only downsides is being laid off at the end of the busy season. No year round flying for everyone.

Pros

Travel!

Cons

Away from home, most bases are seasonal.

Very happy

Great leadership and fun atmosphere. Salary not the best but the travel benefits make up for it. Benefit package, 4% RRSP match and vacation allotment is better than most companies. The passionate people I work with are probably the best thing about working here. I really do love working for Sunwing!

Very stressful environment & not paying well & no benefits

Very stressful environment, working under pressure most of the time & not paying wellNo benefits. No flexibility in the schedule. Bad management. Management is horrible they never help.

Easy to get in, hard to go up.

Terrible and out-of-touch management team. Decent hours, no opportunities to progress and grow. The company is always playing defense instead of being proactive in handling problems. No viable solutions are ever considered and good ideas are shot down to the point that most employees have given up. I would not recommend working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunwing Travel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement