Sunwing Travel Group

Sunwing Travel Group Employee Reviews

Réservation Agent

Working at Sunwing I met some great people. The pay was definitely not the best. The benefits of travel privileges made up for it. Management is always changing people come and go . If you work hard and follow procedures then you will be fine.

Pros

Free Food, Presentation, co-Workers

Cons

Salary

Fun workplace and progress continuously

One of my best job I ever had ! Really fun helpful collègues ! Good environment ! Good staff and great motivation follow ups ! Very stricte on grids for bonus

Pros

Coaching

Sour job experience.

It’s a great experience to put your foot in the door of travel however, the employees don’t get paid enough for what they do. They constantly change your role if you’re in a different department to take phone calls if you’re department is located in the Sales Centre. The phones can also be stressful and intimidating. When this feedback is reported, management does not take our feedback into consideration. Upon that, you now have to be fully vaccinated to work here. There are many good people who work here and they will lose a lot of employees. This is being forced upon each employee without any other alternatives. Ex: Testing every week, etc. This job does not value or pay its employees enough to even consider getting it for this company. God forbid something happen, you’re left on your own.

Pros

Travel benefits

Cons

Toxic work environment, low pay, miscommunication with flight changes or cancellations, job security is not guaranteed

working a teen be happy on work place be on time listen all ways to the customer

I think Sunwing is a very good company I will be happy to work with Sunwing I have an Interview a Long time ago a fortune I have san personal problem I, not continuo with the job

Pros

give good customer services to the customer

Cons

quality service listen to the customer working a teen

MUST BE flexible, hard working, work under pressure, TEAM WORK

#1 SAFETY, #2 SAFETY, #3 SAFETYREPORT TIMES: 24hr/day most often 04:45-06:00 or 15:30-18:30landing back into home airport is usually 13:30-03:00You must get along with all co-workers even with personality clashes since you rely on each other for safety, medical, social, and as backup. There is no help up in the air.You should know before this job if you often have motion sickness.There are some dirty jobs and should have a strong stomach.You must be social enough with 200 passengers but not too social that you are slowing down services and frustrating your coworker.You may leave for a flight thinking you'll be home in 20 hours but you may be diverted from home for 24-72 hours so your life at home needs to have backups set in place (extended animal care, home care, child care)Middle Management is pretty awful. You rely a lot on your equal co-workers, union., if necessary higher-ups can be more helpful than middle management.I would never trade this job for the world, this job is your world.It's not casual, It's not easy, It's not mindless.It's high stress and thankless.Must have some interest in Medical Care, Fire Fighting, Police Work, Behaviorist, Serving, Mental Wellness, Aviation.

Pros

LONG workhours= fewer monthly shifts! Being in the Air=Peace, Sometimes nights at Destinations, "Girltalk" haha

Cons

Scattered Sleep Hours, Demanding Start times, Sleep Deprivation, Stress, Trapped with co-workers, Often trapped with angry passengers, Eating next to a toilet.

What a bunch of yes men

Avoid if you can It’s so toxic unless you enjoy sucking up to someone more powerful than you. If you don’t. Then brace yourself. The owners are pretty sharp. But have been totally hoodwinked by senior aircrew who make eye watering salary on the back of every one else

Pros

Not bad money when your senior

Really good atmosphere and amazing colleagues!

Amazing place to work at! Lots of team work! Management really does care of the employees. You will need to work on holidays since aviation never really stops.

Travel and create a lifestyle as a flight attendant

Being a flight attendant is a lifestyle , not a career, no one tells you that it can be very lonely at times or that you barely sleep. But somehow it all seems worth it. Maybe it’s the uniform or the traveling around the world to tropical places but if your single and you love to travel/ customer service then this is for you !

Pros

Stay at beautiful resorts in the Caribbean

Cons

No sleep, lonely, no real benefits for friends and family

Job of a lifetime

Job of a lifetime and you start out higher than some other airlines. Once you get into aviation you either love it it hate it. It’s like no otherr jobs, it’s a unique life style.

Pros

Care about their employees

Cons

Seasonal

Very good working environment

The interview process takes about a month to complete all steps. Followed by in invitation to one of the training classes. This was another 4 weeks of intense training with exams that needed to be passed.

Pros

Good pay and benifits

Cons

some long days

Jobs at Sunwing Travel Group

See more jobs

Best Travel/Aviation Employer in Canada

I have worked on and off for Sunwing Airlines for 7 years. I never realized how much I valued this company until the industry took a turn during the pandemic. Sunwing has always taken good care of me and my fellow co-workers, but it became more apparent on how much they value their employees, during these hard times in 2020. I will never take my life at Sunwing for granted again. Definitely the best employer in aviation, that I have ever had the privilege to work for!

Pros

Too many to name!

Cons

RRSP matching could be a bit better

Disposable and used

If you want to work incredibly hard just to be fired for no reason this is the place for you. Overworked and low pay. Benefits sucks. Travel benefits are decent, have gotten worse over time

Pros

Travel discount

Cons

Everything else especially upper management

Horrible management

The company has some of the worst directors ever working there, who show favouritism, micromanage, and engage in workplace gossip. I think this is a terrible representation of a leadership role, and questions who Sunwing thinks qualifies these people to work for and represent them. Also turnover is high, and part of that is because of terrible management.

Pros

Discount on vacation packages

Cons

Toxic management

It's nice work

It is nice if you are young with no family. Work here in Toronto if you like to work with a regional manager traveling privileges to sleep with husbands and talks about it with her colleagues all day. She says the most demeaning and disturbing things when you're alone with her. She's an atheist and tries to convert others all the time! So manipulative. She is very short and cold. Most of the managers are cold here. It's great if you're older and want to be stagnant.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Age and dignity

Sunwing Airlines harasses people to the point of severe anxiety. It's real.

CUPE union is useless, paid off by the company. Your better off with a lawyer instead of the unionA flight attendant is a fabulous job, the more seniority, the better it is.However any company that harasses their employees should not be in business

Pros

travel pay is decent after the first 2 years

Cons

workplace harassment

Chaotic onboarding process: virtually no training; high client expectations that you are able to provide service from day one.

Like all companies suffering from the growing pains associated with rapid expansion of their business Sunwing lacks the critical infrastructure in the form of IT support for their 1,000s of internal clients. Most of those clients have little or no experience with technical issues and Sunwing makes little effort to change this. This type of client requires “white glove” treatment and more time to ensure the correct issue is addressed. IT Support, on the other hand, are expected to know the critical details regarding all aspects of the operation and support for over 100 separate IT resources. There is no documentation to refer to in order to accomplish this. Other IT personal are reluctant to provide assistance and often hostile to the idea that they are in any way responsible for support. This translates into extreme stress and frustration for the support analysts and disappointment from the clients.

Pros

Genuine camaraderie among peers

Cons

Chaotic work atmosphere with many interruptions; too few analysts for too many clients

A good company working in it.

You can learn a lot of the travel company's business, such as hotel, resorts, excursions, flight, cruise information management, bookings, services, and the others.

Good place to work with.

Its a good job to have.benefits were better but they changed so they could be better.Very friendly atmosphere As long as work and flights are completed can do other things.

Pros

Cafeteria/ eating patio area, know your work schedule for the year

Cons

stressful during busy times

Great team, sub par management

I would love to say I enjoyed all my years at this company. I made such good friends and loved the layovers. However, I left feeling beat up by management and not supported at all.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Terrible Management

Absolute worst

The culture in the company is rotten, people will lie and complain to the management just to throw you under the bus and the management takes their side without any investigation. Disgusting. I’m so happy I’m no longer part of this company.

Pros

Layovers

Cons

Snake colleagues

Good

It’s a great place to start out and gain experience. The people are great, the salary, benefits and recognition...not so much. My co-workers made this a great place to work!

Pros

Great people, good company culture and deals on vacation!

Cons

Low salary, poor benefits, too much work for the recognition and salary you receive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunwing Travel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement