Sunwing Travel Group
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Working at Sunwing Travel Group: Latest Sunwing Travel Group Reviews

Canada200 reviews

airlineflighttravelpassengeraviationdestinationcolleaguesalary

If you like to be micromanaged this is the place to be

Great team spirit, however the micromanagement (specially if you work remotely) will prevail. They create policies without even telling the team. You are asked to welcome your new peers and then they let go people without advising. Lots of favoritism and backbiting. There is better out there.

Convetion collective non-respecté

L'employeur ne respect pas souvent la convention collective et on doit se battre constamment pour nos conditions de travails.

Insights into Sunwing Travel Group

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

horrible

do no work here. very stressful, management is disrespectful,. I would not recommend anyone to work here, even for beginner I don't think its worth it.

Pros

travel discount

Cons

everything

Fun

Love working with SunWing. I thoroughly enjoyed my training and my supervisors. I also loved the flight attendants that I worked with. If COVID had Not hit i would still be working there!

Not worth it

The pay rate wasn’t great but the benefits including pto were nice. The training is a bit difficult and extensive ,you won’t feel fully prepared even after completing it.

Stressful and toxic environment

I don’t have enough training, they expect you to know everything from the first day, they are busy in winter , hire me in November and extend my probation till end of April , bombarded me with lot of jobs and there is no overtime payments , job supposed to be permanent but there is a clause in contract, allows them to extend probation , they closed most of the locations by April , that is why , they lay off me . They are going to hiring in next November (purchasing role ) I don’t recommend working in purchasing department, unreliable people .

Pros

Hybrid

Cons

Unreliable manager, stressful working

I love it

If you like to travel and work with great people this is the place. Everyone is very attentive to your need, If you have a problem it’s open door policy.

Excellent company

Very friendly co workers. Excellent training. Great management. Every job has pros and cons but working as a flight attendant is a very unique position. The safety training is second to none.

Pros

Travel, meeting new people and crew every Flight

Cons

Seasonal bases have summer layoffs, flight benefits could be better.

I was working from home and I left the job because of family issue but it's a lovely place to work for

Working as an agent you have to book flight, hotels or package for vacation. The company provide training to new employees so that they can learn what to do

great crews

can be challenging to work long hours or having busy flight schedule but the crews and the people you will meet makes it worth it! Every flight is different and its very stimulating.

Sunwing FA

I love the family culture at Sunwing. Depending on your base you often fly with the same group of people. Everyone for the most part is friendly. One of the only downsides is being laid off at the end of the busy season. No year round flying for everyone.

Pros

Travel!

Cons

Away from home, most bases are seasonal.

Very happy

Great leadership and fun atmosphere. Salary not the best but the travel benefits make up for it. Benefit package, 4% RRSP match and vacation allotment is better than most companies. The passionate people I work with are probably the best thing about working here. I really do love working for Sunwing!

Very stressful environment & not paying well & no benefits

Very stressful environment, working under pressure most of the time & not paying wellNo benefits. No flexibility in the schedule. Bad management. Management is horrible they never help.

Easy to get in, hard to go up.

Terrible and out-of-touch management team. Decent hours, no opportunities to progress and grow. The company is always playing defense instead of being proactive in handling problems. No viable solutions are ever considered and good ideas are shot down to the point that most employees have given up. I would not recommend working here.

Overworked and underpaid

Poor work life balance. YVR-PVR turns are so short you barely have time to get everything done. Trying to open cabinets to start opening the sparkling wine while you’re still strapped into your jump seat. Uncertain job security, can get bumped out of your base by other staff more senior bumping in from their layoffs. Non liveable wage for those working out of YVR. It was around $25 an hour, but only guaranteed 80 hours a month. Would bid domestic layovers just to earn the per diems since they aren’t paid on southern layovers

Pros

Seems to be a nursery to get into other/better airlines like AC or WJ.

Cons

Hours, power-tripping supervisors and management, job security, pay.

I loved the environment but it could become stressful

Overall loved working there came with good benefits and nice co-workers. They job it’s self was good until COVID hit and than it became super stressful.

Cliquey, disorganized

Boss was cliquey with staff, talked about other staff while they were sitting there in the office. Work life balance was non-existent. They expect you to work when you get home after you already worked an 8+ hour day. If you’re contact you don’t get days off at all, not even unpaid (they count as unpaid sick days), and you don’t get travel or health benefits, even through you do the same work as others. If you’re the type of person to give yourself to your work and base your entire being on work, this will be a great fit for you.

Pros

Prestige, free parking

Cons

No benefits, disorganized, cliquey

High stress environment with few opportunities for additional earnings

I joined the company a few years ago working for the airline division. It becomes apparent very quickly that the resort division overshadows the airline and most of the traditional benefits which airline employees would expect (jump seat privileges, free or tax-only employee and employee family travel etc) are sorely missing. Benefits are probably at the middle of the scale compared to similar businesses although the group health plan for families can be costly for the advanced dental and prescription plans.Promotional opportunities are obscure and there isn’t a transparent approach to fostering career development. It is an “ok” company to get your foot in the door s a younger person or as a step-down for pre-retirement. Other than the flight crew (pilots), earning potential is quite limited compared to the prevailing cost of living in the Greater Toronto Area and the company doesn’t see the need to inventivize employees. Instead, the minuscule discounts offered to employees involve stays at the company’s resorts, which is not appealing to all staff.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Long hours, few amenities (no free coffee even for shift workers), lunches for a price and poor earning potential

Favoritism all around.

No Worthy employee benefits.Management lies a lot to it's employeesThey provide discount to vacation but it's all depends on availability of seats. No respect to its employees.

Pros

Vacation at minimal cost

Cons

Long hours, no respect, management lies a lots

Product manager

Fast paced, no training, no support from managements. No recognition for hard workOvertime, over achieving/ delivering. Toxic environment, management has their favourites, lots of gossip. Projects are difficult to deliver with company owners and executives constantly changing their mind on solutions / road maps, priority. Nothing is ever finished or takes ages to deliver.A lot of great people hardworking coworkers however management and culture is lacking to help employees be successful and grow

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Long hours, low pay, high stress

Fun workplace and progress continuously

One of my best job I ever had ! Really fun helpful collègues ! Good environment ! Good staff and great motivation follow ups ! Very stricte on grids for bonus

Pros

Coaching

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunwing Travel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement