SUNWING AIRLINES Employee Reviews

Learned alot about myself
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 June 2018
Did not enjoy the experience. I was penalized and let go for getting sick. The position was for 7 months, was laid off after 5 months. Never saw my boss. Very little support and the training was primitive as we were in a hockey arena learning aviation.
Pros
Great people
Cons
You're a number, not a human
Ame
AME (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2018
Good Opportunities and but pays are low compared to other companies.
Maintenance Management needs to wake up,treat employ better and put in some effort in the company culture.
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Canada28 May 2018
Some Long and stressful days but amazing co-workers and work culture,benefits, and schedules.Its not only a job but definitely a lifestyle choice as well- so its not for everyone.
Great company to work for, pays off if you stick around.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
Long hours on your feet at high altitudes all worthwhile for the layovers and travel benefits. Work hard play hard! The work is seasonal so not great for stability, but if you stay in the company there are lots of opportunities. I was concerned about the hygiene of the aircrafts and the bacteria on surfaces.
Pros
Lay overs.
Cons
Long days
Inter department warfare and other fun conditions
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
Having your head of dev say in a team meeting "We are at war with project management team" is not a reality I want to work at. Add to it top managment that plays favorites, which results in delays and unprofessional conduct and you have a job you want to get out of.
Keep in mind that it is on top of the fact that first 3-4 month there was no filtered water in the building and you need to pay for the benefit plan.
The only upside slightly larger compensation, but not enough offset the frustration caused by culture.
Pros
Above average compensation
Cons
terrible corporate culture, no built in benefits, bad management ...
No team culture
IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
Old technology, Bad and old management, no training, No planning. Lost of rotation, I would say a revolving door not only in IT but also in the other departments
Pros
some times free lunches
Cons
No planning, no best practices, no standards
Positive work environment
Ground Operations Assistant (co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
an overall positive work environment with friendly co-workers. Management had a positive attitude and was always willing to help you grow as an employee at this company.
Fair
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2018
This is a fair place to work at. Please be prepared to work on call and during all holidays as that is the nature of the business. Most employees are nice some take advantage of the system.
Great company to work for
Cabin Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON11 April 2018
Vacation charter airline, offering vacation packages. Seasonal - Busy in winter with layoffs in the summer. No travel benefits on other airlines. Fun job!
I love this job!
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2018
Just awesome, still working there and once the season ends I know I'll be sad but always excited to return. People I work with are fantastic and I have learned so much about aviation and myself. Great place.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
LONG DAYS lol
Amazign and Happy company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada, Montreal27 February 2018
I enjoyed my years at Sunwing. It was a start up at the time and in no time in boosted as one of the top leading tour operators and airline across Canada. I loved it!
Pros
Happy Company
Not a good place to work
Selloff vacations Retail Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  All Locations8 January 2018
Retail division - Selloffvacations
No work life balance
They do not pay over time
Poor upper management
No job security - you are not valued , and can be replaced
Manipulate reviews ( asks staff to reach out to their best clients to write reviews, same with staff. )
Pros
Cons
upper management starting with the Area Sales Manager
Bad place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2017
Terrible culture. Family small business mentality with significant revenue and terrible employee support. Worst salary in the industry, higher expectations, long hours, zero employee recognition unless you are a "A.. kisser".
It is a travel and tourism company but employees have very to none travel benefits since the company do not provide any kind of support to its employees to enjoy their benefits. In fact the company constantly ban the employees from travelling and try to make money also with them.

They make the employees pays for absolutely everything including the xmas party. Literally as employee none pilot you are the last in the list for them.
Employment turn over rate in all front line and operational department are incredible high because they have the mentality that "if you don't like it, go somewhere else."

Good employees move somewhere or are fire because of many all fashions managers an VPs who has been there for too long follow the same concept squeezing everyone.

If you are a pilot things may be different, way different and we get the point, however it is vey frustrating to work here since they do not support absolutely anything unless they are make HUGE money. Personal development for employees such as training, course are absolutely out of questions.

Salaries increases, aren't even mentioned. Some departments do performance review but they make you clear that salary increases or any kind of incentive for improvements are not part of the review. You will get may be 1 or 2 % bases on Canada inflation rate and yes they still sent newsletter
  more... every year to all employees announcing that revenues soared as well as how profitable they have been.  less
Sunwing Airlines
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 September 2017
It was honestly my favourite job I have ever had
The people were friendly
typical day at work was organized and busy
management could use some improvement
Productive & Fun place to work at.
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
Sunwing is a great start to a career for newly fresh College/University graduates, especially those who graduate from the hospitality program. The long working hours & low salary are balanced with great travel benefits.
Pros
Travel Perks
Cons
Low Salary
Great for Career advancement
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Canada3 February 2017
Great place to work and learn the ins and outs of running an airline. Regular promotion opportunities. Can be a high stress environment but that is to be expected at a charter airline.
No time for rest!!!!
Stores Keeper (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 December 2016
Shipping and receiving. Responding to AOG's, Inventory management, purchasing parts,etc. Delivering parts to airport ramp/aircraft and hangar every minute in all type of weather conditions. Long hours. Sometime you have to deal with cranky and whiney maintenance crew on the deliverance of parts. Management can be annoying at times.
Pros
Medical benefits, Overtime, 4 days on 4 days off
Cons
Long hours, Management unappreciative, Passive Racism, Can not use flight benefits during peak season or at all
Fun company to work for. Very respectful.
Cabin safety manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 August 2016
Ive been working for several years with this company and still feel as part of the "family".
They are open minded to our requests and work along with us for it.
Pros
Schedules
Stores person
Stores Person/ Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 August 2016
I was part of this airline for 4 years. I worked as stores person for 3 years and later became purchaser for the stores department.

i would say overall the airline is great. fun people certain departments but i would have to admit my experience with the stores department was not pleasant. great amount of unprofessional people, especially the management. they will say anything to you in front of anybody just to get the joke across and seem funny. the lack of training was the biggest issue with this dept. when they expected you to perform the best and training was never a part of your job to begin with. you made mistakes and you were picked on for it for the rest of your employment there. keep in mind most of the employees salaries are based on favourtism - there are individuals who have no education what so ever to be in the position they are and being paid what they are. company itself needs to re-evaluate their salaries and be fair to employees who actually deserves to be in their salary bracket. there are pros and cons however. i learned a lot in terms of dealing with high pressure between tasks in a limited time given and handled multiple important tasks yet never was appreciated for the good work.

the hours is brutal if your not a night person with 12 hours shift through the night. but 4 days off is golden also.

overall not the best place to work!
experience wise good - if staying for short time.
Pros
good experience
Cons
night shifts, lack of traning, favourtism
Seasonal Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 July 2016
Most amazing job I have ever had. All my coworkers were fabulous it was simply an amazing experience and I miss it dearly. Do to a death in the family I had to abruptly resign. Hoping to be rehired next season out of YYZ. Fingers crossed....
Pros
Travel benefits, layovers down south and pay.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUNWING AIRLINES. Our community is ready to answer.