Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge

Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.7Job security & advancement

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 11 reviews

Great location, poor division of workforce.

6 days a week, 9-5, 1 day off. 3 employees for the Maintenance crew. I was told I would have time for adventures and time to explore the park. Most days I was quite tired from the tasks, which is fine. Usually I'd look forward to my weekends to explore but with only 1 day off... it's just not reasonable for the little amount of pay provided. 80% of the employees are all at the same salary which is unusual given the different field of knowledge and physical ability required for tasks.Also, I approached management with an inquiry to hire another employee for maintenance to balance the work load and have us all with 2 days off. The answer had little explanation then a straight no. After that I had left. Also the accommodation is very very small. I barely came with anything and was able to just fit my things. That was while I was on my own in the room. Plus there is no AC! The day I left, I was supposed to have a roomate, that would have been hilarious. Take it with a grain of salt. Its not for everyone. About 40% of staff left after 2 months...

Pros

Cons

Pay, accommodation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement