Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge
View all Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge reviews

Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge

Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge Employee Review

Great Staff and Great place to grow into a young adult

Working at Sunwapta has been one of the best experiences ive ever had. Ive learned how manage my time while staying focused on what needs to be completed. I've also learned how to communicate with my my co-workers and managers to get the job done as fast as possible and have a great time while do so. The hardest part of this job would be all the walking involved how ever its a great way to stay active. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with such a great crew and working together as a team to make sure our guest are happy with their rooms.

Pros

Great Staff

Cons

Long Hours

5.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

fun workplace.

Takes an all hands on deck to work at Sunwapta, Family like feel. Tons of events and adventures to go on that the managers organize. small staff accommodation and you have a roommate. Tons to do in the summer outdoorsy. No cell reception and not the greatest WiFi. Its an awesome experience to unplug. Housekeeping is very physical and you work independently. Very busy place and good environment. Recommend!
Same location

Innovative company that's family owned

This company truly cares about it's employees and the onsite nature of staff accommodations creates a very tight knit group, almost like a family. The workload can be a little much if you're not expecting it, especially during peak season (Last week of June to the First week of September) but they're very team oriented and will work towards solutions of any problems staff might have whether they be professional or personal. It's seasonal work and you get to live in the heart of the greatest natural wonder in all of North America (the Candian Rockies of course), if you're a motivated passionate person and you've ever felt the need to just get out and try something new I highly recommend trying at least a season. They have a gift shop and restaurant on site so between those and the hotel there are plenty of different types of positions available.

Pros

Live where you work, chance to meet people from all over the world, There's a bonus at the end based on how many hours you've worked

Cons

6 days a week usually, Can be hectic during peak season, No cell phone service so can make some feel isolated if you don't get along with other staff
Same location

Great location, poor division of workforce.

6 days a week, 9-5, 1 day off. 3 employees for the Maintenance crew. I was told I would have time for adventures and time to explore the park. Most days I was quite tired from the tasks, which is fine. Usually I'd look forward to my weekends to explore but with only 1 day off... it's just not reasonable for the little amount of pay provided. 80% of the employees are all at the same salary which is unusual given the different field of knowledge and physical ability required for tasks.Also, I approached management with an inquiry to hire another employee for maintenance to balance the work load and have us all with 2 days off. The answer had little explanation then a straight no. After that I had left. Also the accommodation is very very small. I barely came with anything and was able to just fit my things. That was while I was on my own in the room. Plus there is no AC! The day I left, I was supposed to have a roomate, that would have been hilarious. Take it with a grain of salt. Its not for everyone. About 40% of staff left after 2 months...

Pros

Cons

Pay, accommodation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement