Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
fun workplace.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB20 December 2016
Takes an all hands on deck to work at Sunwapta, Family like feel. Tons of events and adventures to go on that the managers organize. small staff accommodation and you have a roommate. Tons to do in the summer outdoorsy. No cell reception and not the greatest WiFi. Its an awesome experience to unplug. Housekeeping is very physical and you work independently. Very busy place and good environment. Recommend!
productive and fun place to work
Gift Shop - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB26 October 2016
Constantly busy, The energy is great . very welcoming.

Gift shop is a very busy place specially when the tour buses come in for the , Ammolite the Gem Stone of Alberta , Canada
Pros
live on site. cheap rent. live in mountains
Cons
away from home. long hours. on feet all day
It was like a family
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Jasper Alberta17 December 2014
During the summer it was very busy with BBQ's and regular customers coming into our deli. I learned how to keep calm in stressful situations and how to multi-task when there were many things to do at once.
Great Staff and Great place to grow into a young adult
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Jasper, AB4 September 2014
Working at Sunwapta has been one of the best experiences ive ever had. Ive learned how manage my time while staying focused on what needs to be completed. I've also learned how to communicate with my my co-workers and managers to get the job done as fast as possible and have a great time while do so. The hardest part of this job would be all the walking involved how ever its a great way to stay active. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with such a great crew and working together as a team to make sure our guest are happy with their rooms.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Dedicated Management team
Front Desg Agent / Evening Revenue Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ON18 November 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge. It is very similar to a remote "camp" position. It is located 53km south of the town of Jasper so you live on sight in the mountains with no cell reception and satelite internet.

It is only for certain types of people and I loved it! I learnt that few employees when working hard as a team can make a business prosper, but it takes all hands on deck. Co-workers were from different parts of the world and it was great for diversity in the work place.

The most enjoyable part of the job was living on-sight and being able to take full advantage of the mountains and trails. However the hardest part of the job was having guests understand our way of living and that text messaging and an over abundance of internet use just wasn't possible.

A typical day at work was always multi-tasking between operating lodge accomodations, switchboard to answering any and all questions about the ldoge, surrounding area and activities to all visitors.
Pros
Living in the mountains, less technology to distract you
Cons
having no meal plan, and paying for accomodation