Sunterra Market

Sunterra Market Employee Reviews

Canada84 reviews
Good work experienced
Sunterra offer good benefits. Workplace is good and have team work.You can always modify your schedule as soon as you filled up RTO form 2weeks early.
Fun to work
If you work hard there is always potential to go higher in this company. I am a very good example, as I started as a salad prep, and by the time I left I was a Team Lead. This is a fast paced job but fun at work.
Prep cook
Work every early morning make sure everything is already for salads boxes. Prep cook for various vegatables, sauces, fruits. Make sure prep cook salad tray order list for business need.
Slow-paced location but fun place to work; although heavy workload
Loved this place when I started but slowly you’ll see how stressful the job was. Was usually scheduled in the morning, mostly dealing w/ customer so time past by quickly. Then manager made me work evenings, he saw how I managed the evening shift and eventually made me permanent in evenings. It was tiring, usually cleaning b/c lack of customer at night. And your co-workers wont do anything, they’ll do one thing and they’ll take their time Goodluck if you got hired here
nice work enviroment but bad management
I worked at starbucks by Sunterra ,management was very rude.Nice co workers.downtown location is fast paced so I learnt to work quickly and fast, ALSO it helped me to develop my skills, be a multitasker .
If you want hate life, work here.
On a typical day you can expect to be bossed around like a slave, talked down to like a child, and be ignored by people who do not wish to converse with you in English. Management doesnt seem to talk to one another about daily needs or decisions, leading to constant miscommunication. Overall this is the most stressful kitchen I've worked in.
Family owned business, you feel belong
I love working at Sunterra, I just find it stressful when they open a new store which i was assigned to and I was pregnant that time too. Although every one is very accomodating, helpful and very patient esp the bosses. I just feel like I should be paid more, other than that I am happy working with them.
Productive and fun workplace
The best company ever!!! Treats you as a member of their family. Lots of benefits and will train you how to be a good leader and follower. Respect you as a person.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
Nothing to say
Decent workplace
-Management can be inconsistent at times. Managers expectations vary.
-Getting a raise requires a time consuming 20 page self-evaluation booklet to be completed explaining how you are doing as an employee/provide examples of why you rated yourself in such a way. Seniority doesn't get you a raise.

-Great discount for employees off their hot food (50%) and 10% off for part-time employees off other groceries

-Pretty flexible with work hours when can be.
Productive and fun work environment
The work experience was nice. It was fun to volunteer and cater for the company. I would work with them again, the environment was exciting, refreshing, and fun.
Worst managed store ever
Problem is when the brother of the president of the company runs a store. He doesnt do it properly at all. If you need 4 assistant managers and department managers for a "market" your not doing something right. Nepotism does not work!
Oh and it shows with all the people that give notice compared to the masses that walk out.
Fun and easy to work in Sunterra Market
Well I usually get things to be ready and starts doing my usual things in which I packaged the product given by the manager. it is also planned what I will be doing every time I work. What I have learned is to communicate with the customer and be able to answer their questions. the hardest part of my job was to pull all the product that will be packaged since they are quite heavy. Most enjoyable would be preparing the things for packaging the product.
Pros
Free coffees and breads .
Cons
given products to be packaged are quite rush sometimes.
The management doesn't much care for their employees, they really like adding stress to kitchen staff rather than the cashiers. When it's really busy, there is no host to assist with the customers, they would all rather hide in the back of the til. The kitchen managers are no help either; prep is hardly done, when the kitchen staff asks for anything that they need for the line... the KM become rude and unprofessional (even threaten you to fire you).
So you got to be careful what you say or do at all times.
Pros
30 minute break
Cons
Management, low pay
Bad job for anyone with dignity (not safe for lgbt+)
Worked tooth and nail for years for only one (well deserved) pay raise after relentlessly pursuing raise at length over the course of 4 months. Stores are left without managers for months on end because of high manager turnover and lower level employees are expected to pick up the slack with the promise of promotion(s) and raise(s) and are left in the dust when all is settled and their time and effort is already exploited.

When I was finally promoted (without the promised pay raise -- they said we would "reassess after 3 months") I worked hard and did lots to improve my team and station but I was given no official title (no raise, no evaluation) for the 9 months that I held my position. Any attempt to follow up on the promised pay raise was averted & postponed to a later date.

Upper management has unreasonable expectations of market managers and gives them little to no resources to accomplish goals that are purely about the bottom line. Lots of questionable practices to reduce waste, overwork staff and increase profit. Managers are put under intense pressure (and underpaid) which trickles down to every member of Sunterra. Safety of customers and employees are sacrificed for profit.

LGBTQ* employees should know that blatant harassment was reported and upper management knew and did absolutely nothing. No HR to deal with inner conflicts within the company and there is an ongoing culture of false promises and ignoring problems until they go away.

MICE!!!!! I HAD TO SWEEP UP DEAD MICE FROM UNDER DINNING GUESTS TABLES DISCREETLY TO COVERUP MICE INFESTATION. -- Ran
 - more...
Pros
This company sucks, please don't work here for yourself.
Cons
Upper management treat you like animals
Absolutely the worst place to work at
Management is just unbelievably the worst no respect for workers they use curse words like a normal thing.toooooo much dram tooooo much gossip absolutely two faced people
A typical day at work
I would wait for my order to come in so i could take them to the offices,then drive to offices with food and perpare the foods that my boss asked me to.
Pros
perpare food
Cons
short shifts
Horrible Management
You will never feels supported by upper management. The only thing they care about is how much money they are making. The staff work very hard with little appreciation.
wouldn't recommend sunterra to anyone
worked there for many years. decent co workers. but to be honest managment all the way up to upper management were nothing like I have ever seen very condescending especially upper management absolutely zero advancement and I spent years there absolutely zero wouldn't matter what you did how hard you worked or how long you been there if you're looking for a career I would not work here if anything I wish I could get those years back instead of wasting them at sunterra and that's the honest truth.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, no advancement, poor management
Slow
Super slow and overstaffed. Was a full-time employee and left after only a few weeks because there was nothing to do! Too many people on the floor and not enough tasks for them all. I spent almost every 8 hour shift literally standing around with nothing to do.
Pros
Discounted coffee
Cons
Absolutely nothing to do
amazing environment but no room for growth
I enjoyed working at Sunterra for several of reasons, the biggest reason would be the people I worked along side with. The environment was positive and always heartwarming as everyone treated each other like family and worked hard to build something together into making the company a success.
Pros
team effort
Cons
no advancement
Bad Managment
I worked there for not very long because of management, my manager never listened to floorstaff and only believed in their way or no way. Repeatedly called out my dyslexia when messing up words and often was rude. I strongly suggest a different department or different store. The coworkers are awesome and had some good times with them but ultimately a bad manager is a badjob.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Manager