Sunterra Market Employee Reviews

MAnagement and service oriented both the clients and staff.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downtown. Calgary AB22 July 2018
Service oriented to all customers
Managements system of dealing issues and concern are well attended to
Value laden attitude in dealing with customers
Organize in the presentation of the needs of all customers
Teamwork skills and cooperation among the staff is commendable
Clean and sanitary surroundings is highly functional.
Pros
Pleasant atmosphere of relatioship with one a other.
Cons
Long hours should not be done always.
not a good experience overall
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2018
I did not have a good experience working at this company. The manager didnt seem to care about his empolyees, only about saving money and cutting hours. He was never around and there was nobody doing inventory so we were always running out of things (butter, soap, forks). Everything was disorganized and unprofessional. The hardest past of the job was to finish on time. I always ended up working late, expecially around the holidays because there was just too much for one person to handle. I never felt valued, and i never got a raise. . A lot of the people that worked there were really nice hardworking people, who should have been paid more.
Pros
the customers, the benifits, coworkers
Cons
the management
Very fun environment to work in.
Barista/Front end worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2018
Everyday walking into work was fun, with very uplifting staff. Management was very organized and always had schedules ready well in advance. Environment was very clean and fun to work in.
Kitchen Helper
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2018
It’s very busy this morning for putting tray in ice boxes. Cutting any vegetables and fruits. Making ingredients for extra dressing. Makes vegetable and fruits on bowls for ordering foods to other companies. Clean/ mop freezer and room and throw away garbage.
great place to work, lots of customer interactions.
Line cook, prepped, and helped (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
Its a good place to start in this industry, they pretty much follow the basics of the kitchen. good people, lots of work to do. hours were long, but productive. I made all they're stocks for the soups, and prepped everything that was needed. served the lounge and the restaurant.
Pros
fun place, learned alot there, good people
Cons
slow nights, lots of work for little pay. mouse problems.
Productive work environment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2018
Receiving orders and stocking floor with required produce. Working with customers to make sure they get the best customer service possible. Organize cooler and table items with proper date.
Was very productive never standing around
Cashier / Salad maker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 January 2018
Chocolate factory was extremely hard but it always kept you busy so I really enjoyed it people were extremely friendly working with and hrs were decent
Pros
Breaks were pretty good
working as a farm labourer
Farm Labourer (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB8 December 2017
typical day at work involves taking care of hundreds of animals who completely rely on you to feed and take care of them! the workplace was a hard one to be in but it certainly had its rewards with the job. The hardest part of the job was being inside all the time and the best part of the job was dealing with the piglets.
Pros
rewarding job
Cons
always inside
Fun at work place, more to learn
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2017
Good company, friendly team, lot to learn, customer facing role is a exited thing where can meet and talk wit more people

work hours are so flexible.
Pros
Fun at work, employee benifits
Cons
nothing
productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
personally my exprience wasnt too great but what i can say is the people i worked with were awesome , made me feel welcomed and helped me when i was need of it
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
wasnt the greatest expirence

Want to know more about Sunterra Market?

Ask a question
Sunterra Market
Baker, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2017
Worked many positions at this grocery store, we served a higher end clientele. Family oriented and lots of opportunity to learn different departments in the store. Early morning shifts. Most enjoyable part of this job was the staff and clients we served.
Pros
Discount
not fun place to work
Food prep and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
I wasn't their long enough to even get benefits but it was a good starting job for anyone in high school. and its kind of small store to work in never again
Descent Into Chaos
Part-time Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2017
I started at Sunterra in 2013, and after four years the store had so many issues. I can't say that it was anyone's fault at the store, but the new management talked about issues and never seemed to solve them. The main problem seemed to be the complete lack of support from the head office in Calgary.
Pros
nice people, good location
Cons
piddly expense account benefits, poor management
Enjoyable and welcoming
Dish Washer /Customer Service/Restocking (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2017
At Sunterra, just like any other job you are given a daily list of tasks to complete. Sunterra provides a very customer intuitive experience, they provide a large range of work experience from dish washing to being a line cook. From grocery stocking to working at a cash register. Management is strict when it comes to work yet kind and welcoming. Workplace environment is great with many kind and young co workers it hardly gets boring. The most difficult part about working at sunterra would have to be finding space in the kitchen. Sometimes with too many people their is hardly enough counter space to work at. Besides that sunterra is a very enjoyable place to work and the employee discount is a great addition!
Very Fun Workplace
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
Busy and Productive
Great way to practice customer service
Great management
enjoyable part is being able to be friends both with the team and the regular customers
Fun Workplace
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
Busy and Productive
Extended my customer service skills
Excellent management
Hardest part of job is being able to work in the bakery where it can get really hot because of the oven
poductive
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2017
• Responsible for making gourmet salad boxes and catering
• Responsible for gourmet salad dressing
• Make sure the salad box showcase is full and abundant
• Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the production counter and other area
• Provide an excellent costumer service
terribly painful
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2017
sunterra has a lack of managment skills and struggles to give employees much needed time off, work diversity is huge most employees to not actively speak english to customers nor co-workers. Managment is poor at treating the employees and individuals rather than worker bees.
workplace culture mediocre
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2017
Job positions are enjoyable. Upper management disrespectful and distant, expect so much out of the store managers but are never around to support/ develop
Good atmosphere, great coworkers
Sample Server at Sunterra (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
I was responsible for talking to every customer who came into the store and offering them samples of whatever was the designated items for that month/week. I learned food preparation skills and got customer service experience. As it was my first job, I learned a lot about what a real workplace looks like. the management was a bit odd but everyone else was awesome. Hardest part was talking to people all day, I love being enthusiastic but I am an introvert so doing customer service all day was a bit difficult, though putting a smile on peoples faces and getting to know my coworkers was awesome.
Pros
discount on products from the store
Cons
really weird management