Sunspace Modular Enclosures Employee Reviews

Horrible company
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON8 July 2019
Poorly managed, the management has no organazation, HR is useless let go of people like crazy cant keep people in the company. They cross train on everything!
9 July 2019

I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience with Sunspace. Sunspace has a very tenured core group of employee, some have been with the company since inception in 1995. We value all of our employees, both tenured and seasonal (new hires), however, being a seasonal business, there are goals that are expected to be met so that we can satisfy our customers/dealers.

Its like a slave labour camp
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ON28 February 2019
They care about no one, but filling steves pocket with millions i would rather work for hitler himself then ever work there . They brag about how much money they make but theu cant pay employees n they wonder why people leave. Treat your employees right n they will treat u right . last but not least they treat management to trips but the people who actually make the money they treat like garbage
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Dont work here
18 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Sunspace and providing this opportunity to us to provide feedback with all the positive things we are doing for our team. Lately we’ve been putting more emphasis than ever on recognizing and rewarding performance, and your feedback is the perfect reminder of how much that recognition matters. In the past year, Sunspace has re-invested back into the business with software development, building improvements including parking, more trucks, and better equipment to create more opportunities, more jobs and security. In contrast to the amendment to Bill 148 (Fair Workplace, Better Job Act), we feel that we treat our employees fairly by continuing with the paid emergency leave days, increasing our employees wage up to the suggested minimum wage after 3 months of employment, annual performance merit increases (more than the cost of living),etc. Sunspace does plan a bi-annual out of country dealer seminar in which the Management team attends. Those that attend this event work extremely hard at the seminar networking with our respected dealers, awards, sales training, etc. Sunspace does their best to provide opportunities to treat all team members from factory to office equally, fairly and with respect. Your opinion is unique, and we truly believe that our team at Sunspace recognizes the lengths that we take to show our appreciation.

Keep scrolling
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON5 September 2018
HR is completely useless, the company brags about spending money on new paint and trucks but continues to under pay there employees and can't even afford to get departments a fan. For a company that says they make so much, it had to be one of the most unproffesional and unorganized businesses I've ever seen
Pros
Still trying to find one
Cons
Sunspace
New Employee
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, ON24 August 2018
As a New Employee, I found the co-workers good to work with. The Supervisor very helpful when asking questions about your new job, how to do it and so on. Great Atmosphere.
Pros
Paid Weekly
28 August 2018

thank you for your comment. I see that you are in our Baltimore location. I am very glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with Sunspace

Great work experience and awesome people
Framer/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ON24 August 2018
Best place to prove to yourself you can work hard and accomplish anything you put your mind to. With the employees Any question you have would be answered in full detail and patience nothing more you could ask for than working in a comfortable environment
Pros
Comfortable work space
Cons
Hot inside at times

Thanks for your feedback and comments. Welcome to Team Sunspace

Labourer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ON8 June 2018
If you're are willing to do some manual labour, you will enjoy working here. The supervisors encourage having a good time, as long as you get you're getting work done. I've worked in many of the department's here and have no complaints.
Pros
Overtime available
Friendly staff and great management
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ON8 June 2018
Good people to work with and great management to keep everyone on task and boost productivity. Good feeling to have someone tell you what to fix and also when you are doing a good job so you know where you are at in your productivity.
Pros
Many hours, many opertunities for overtime, good end time everyday
Cons
Can be repetitive, physicaly straining
Great job/work environment!
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
Within the first week, I can honestly say I could see a future career here. In my opinion, two of the most important qualities a workplace can have collectively are, a good work additude along with good team work. Which everyone here greatly succeeds in! On top of those two things, the workspaces is runs very efficiently! Though yes, it does get busy at times, everyone still does their part to lend a helping hand and are glad to do so. They supply you with beginning tools and reimburse you for boots. Breaks are broken up into 3. Pay is weekly. Though there are lay offs come the winter when work slows down, that doesn’t mean you can’t get hired in the winter. Your initiative and willingness to show you’re capable and willing to prove you can handle any task on the job will ultimate determine your status come with winter season. Which is great! And even if you don’t stay on during the winter, you’re still guaranteed a position the following spring. Given that you’re a decent worker. Overall, a great place for work!
Pros
Great work environment/attitude, weekly pay, 3 breaks, helpful workers and management, great feedback from management/workers
Cons
Chance of potential lay offs in the winter
28 August 2018

Thank you very much for the great review. I am glad to hear your first week went so well and you can see a future with us. As you know, we value our Team and many of our employees have shown drastic growth with the company.
Welcome to Team Sunspace

4 June 2018

thank you so much for the great review of Sunspace. We value are employees and their comments/feedback

Fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ON18 May 2018
This is the best employer I have had. They really respect each and every employee the same. Work is great people are awesome. You can really tell the owner is an outstanding guy who isn’t “just about the money” it seems he also respects all his employees equally not like most the jobs I’ve had where they favour one or two guys. Great place to work.
Pros
Lots of overtime. Paid weekly.
24 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review Sunspace. You must have been at the Long weekend lunch to understand that the owner is an outstanding guy. He truly does care about each and every one of the employees at Sunspace. Welcome to Team Sunspace. I hope your experience continues to be awesome!

Growing Company
Office (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ON9 May 2018
You can see the growth that Sunspace is experiencing and I'm sure because the growth is so drastic, it is very difficult on the owner and Management. I have found that Sunspace has taken measures to help support the growth.
I do believe that Sunspace cares about their employees. Of course production and quality is number 1, but Sunspace has monthly lunches for their staff and shows their appreciation with bonuses, etc.
For this large of company that isn't a global wide organization, I think they do a pretty good job at organizing the business and doing what needs to be done to satisfy the employees as well as the customers.
I've seen the improvements over the past couple of years and I can only imagine there are more improvements that will be made.
Pros
good people
Cons
long summer hours
27 September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience with Sunspace. Our growth has been drastic over the years, and we expect to continue to grow. Growth is definitely a great issue to have, but yes, there are many challenges that we are faced with, from staffing to space, etc. The management team meets regularly to discuss the strategies to support the growth. We look forward to continuing to provide our employees a safe place to work where they can feel like they are part of Team Sunspace!

Horrible company
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON21 August 2017
Hard work just like any manufacturing job.

Breaks start 2 mins late and end 2 mins early

Entire factory (including break room and washroom) looks like nobody cares and hasn't been cleaned since they moved in.

The company thrives on hiring young students and then firing them before 3 months is up in order to avoid any benefits. Consequently the product they manufacture is full of apprentice marks.

Most enjoyable part of the job was quitting.
Pros
It's not technically slave labour.
Cons
Zero job security.
7 May 2018

thank you very much for bringing the break issue to our attention.
Although the two 15 minute coffee breaks are not mandated by Ministry of Labour, Sunspace appreciates their employees hard work throughout the day and believes that the coffee breaks improve productivity and increases morale.
We have added a 2nd buzzer for the breaks and lunches The first buzzer informs the employees that there is 2 minutes remaining for their break. The second buzzer will inform the employees that the break is ended.
Because we want employees to feel comfortable at work, we have also recently had our breakrooms repainted and have hired a full time custodian to keep the facility clean.

9 May 2018

thank you for your comments. We take all comments very seriously.
As the HR Manager at Sunspace, I would like to clarify that we do not terminate any employment to avoid paying benefits. If we do terminate within the 3 month probationary period there would always be reason or cause for the termination. We do, however hire young students. There are many government programs available to employers to encourage employers to hire these young individuals. As an employer in a small community, we would like to offer employment to anyone including young students who may experience some type of barrier in employment.

Horrible Work Environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON18 August 2017
Hard work just like any manufacturing job.

Breaks start 2 mins late and end 2 mins early

Most enjoyable part of the job was quitting.
Pros
It's not technically slave labour.
Cons
Zero job security.
Decent Summer Job
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ON29 April 2017
Not a bad summer job, people are alright. Management for the most part is fine. No days off in the summer, period. Great hours, lots of opportunity for over time.
7 May 2018

thank you for your comment.
Summer is a very busy time of year at Sunspace, however, we do believe that our employees should have at least one week off with to enjoy the summer with their families, therefore, for the past several years, Sunspace shuts down completely for one week in August.

Sunspace
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON1 March 2017
A typical day at sunspace is full day work hours and going through files and cut sheets and sorting them in a organized manner. Also filing invoices and making sure all files are in alphabetical order.
Productive, good hours, good learning experience, and room to advance
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ON27 October 2016
My experience with Sunspace has taught me a lot in terms of experience with tools and machinery. It has given me a well understanding on supervision over employees, how to reach goals and dates, responsibilities with overall production, and how to deal with being under pressure and still maintain the goals required. Management was adequate. Co-workers help make the day go by enjoyably and help with productivity. The only problem with this job is reaching the deadlines expected, which I've managed to overcome, also the hiring and firing rate, having to re-train new employees slowing production. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning experience and the people that surround you. It is a team effort to achieve deadlines and goals, this job gives you a remarkable insight on dependability and how to work as a team.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Wagesw
Fun,entertaining place to work at. Great co-workers.
Window Assembler & Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle Ontario11 September 2015
Fun place to work, everyone there is great, but the owner tends to put his wants and needs before that of the customer. Hardest part of the job was trying to make deadlines for orders when the owner throws an additional specialty order at you just before closing up for the week.
Pros
friendly community
Cons
breaks start 2 minutes late and end 3 minutes early.
Seasonal job
Labour/ Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, Ont22 October 2014
- I have gained valuable experience with supervising and training workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunspace Modular Enclosures. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunspace Modular Enclosures Reviews by Location