Sunshine Building Maintenance

Sunshine Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
I learned a lot of new skill and confidence work for sunshine
great training great management, great on site and off site support

Would work for them again if I could
I worked for sunshine in 2017. my father died and took sometime off.About a week after I was fired. My girlfriend works there and they have yet to receive there pandemic pay do not work there..today is July 2 2020... Do not allow this company to feed you any non sense. They make pretty good money and can't pay there staff right... THEY ARE ALWAYS SHORT STAFF AND ASKING FOR PEOPLE YET THEY FIRE THEM... DO NOT WORK THERE...
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything.
I enjoyed my time working at Sunshine Building Maintenance. I worked for four years, starting out with only three hours per day then after my first year I became a lead hand. The staff there were very friendly and understanding which made the job more rewarding.
I was hired as a lead hand for Sunshine working at Milton District High School for the evening crew. The hiring process was quick. The crew at school are all nice and helpful. As a lead hand from time to time you have to do problem solving, for example: if their short staffed you have to prioritize the areas that need to be filled. Sunshine sends "foaters" when your short and I've never had a problem with anyone who were sent. We also got paid 40 hours per week during covid for 7 weeks. Later I got a day job, so I left as a "Lead Hand" and now I work a few times a week as a floater. Overall good experience.
I have worked for Sunshine Building Maintenance for three years now as a floater. It's a great casual job if you need flexible hours. I'm a busy mother of two, so this job allows me to work around my schedule at home.n
Pros
Great casual job, flexible hours, great staff
Cons
No benefits
Perfect place for a mom to work! I have been working there just over 3 years after my second baby. Working for Sunshine allowed me to be home for my kids during the day and not have to worry about daycare costs. When dad got home I would go to work! I was a floater so that allowed me to work as often or as little as needed around my home schedule! The work itself was fairly easy - time management was key
Worst company in Canada to work for. I would never recommend working at this company to my worst enemies. They give only lead hands benefits and not their regular cleaners. They are constantly understaffed and expect you to fill up to 4 full time positions in one night. They'll cut 15 mins off your pay if you punch out a minute before your shift. The managers are ruthless and blame you for other peoples mistakes just to force you to fix it. They never repair their equipment most of there stuff is old and falling apart not to mention dangerous. They pay 15-16 per hour and expect work worth $25/hr. No room for advancement and no overtime. Stay away very poor company to work for.
Pros
Absolutely none, from the time you get hired to when you get fired.
Cons
Anything and everything
1 June 2020
At Sunshine, we pride ourselves in knowing we have so many long term employees. It is the employee that makes us what we are….It saddens us that you feel this way about a company that prides itself in having a positive work environment, while providing fair compensation, referral bonus’s, gift cards to acknowledge hard work, and many other benefits. Our Human Resource Department would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. We can always be reached at 905-335-2020
The Job itself is fairly easy (as long as you have a good supervisor to teach you) but management makes it VERY difficult, they are always right behind you telling you what you're doing wrong, Never what you're doing right, You do not get ANY breaks what so ever, The communication barrier is not handled with in a professional way what so ever. The job pays $15 dollars a hour and he expects work worth of $25 dollar/hr. Consistently pushing you beyond your limits with little to no reward. Overall I had a TERRIBLE experience with this company and If you can, seek a position elsewhere.
Pros
You can wear headphones
Cons
Slow, Management sucks at their job, No communication.
1 June 2020
We are sorry to hear that you felt Management overall had failed you. This is certainly not what we pride ourselves in. We take every step possible to make sure everyone has a positive experience working for Sunshine. WE believe in a fair compensation package for all of our team members. Our Human Resource Department would love for you to reach out to them and discuss this in depth further. Please call us at 905-335-2020
Working for sunshine was great. Although the fact that they truly need a real manager and not just a friend of the boss. The hours are great and flexible.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management and no music aloud
Pretty simple job, straight forward and you’re not constantly being watched over. Positive environment and friendly staff at all the school locations I’ve been to. There are issues with communication within management, it seems like you never get the same answer when asking the same question to different staff within management. Also issues with communication between management and on-site staff, waiting anywhere from hours to days for a response. I believe if they fix the communication issues, and offer higher pay and/or benefits, even overtime pay, they would get a lot more productivity out of their employees and have a lower turnover rate.
Pros
Positive work environment, friendly school staff
Cons
No benefits, poor management, often short staffed, no overtime, pay could be better, communication issues
Working with the region was one of the weirdest job experiences in my life. One of my fellow Student workers played a particular role in reuining my experience. Wasting time and money was the norm, more office drama than house of cards.
Pros
easy
Cons
depressing
I worked for Sunshine for about a year. Working within the school environment with the sunshine cleaners was great and I have no complaints on that front. However any time you need support from management they are not willing to step up and assist. HR at Sunshine quite frankly lacks a backbone and all of upper management seems to struggle with stepping up on behalf of their employees when they should have their backs in situation with clients (especially Halton Board).
Pros
Self paced, repeative work
Cons
Upper management, no support
1 June 2020
We wish we could have sat down and discussed your situation further. It appears you liked the school environment and staff around you. With further conversation, you might still be a
Sunshine employee working for a company that goes the mile to create a positive company culture. The Human Resource Dept. would like it if you reached out to them to discuss this further. We can be reached at 905-335-2020
It was okay to clean place and I love to go and clean that place because school was good to be there to clean class and I do not know what else to say about them and I did not have any problems with them but it was good job
Pros
Cons
8 hour
Good company good teamwork I like it for work with them I’m looking for more opportunityThey checking every month for building a supervising and CEO he’s good person he will take care of employee thank you have a great day
.start at night and work TIL midnight
.leaves your days free

.teaches you how to clean all aspects of a building properly

.steady hours that wet always the same
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Cuts into night social life
1 June 2020
Thank you for letting us know at Sunshine, that your experience with us provided you with new life skills , and fit in with your day to day life.
Not good organization in the crews, management always looking angry like they hate their job, low salary and most of the workers very unfriendly rude and uneducated. Doesnt seem this Company has good customer Service since the workers seem to hate their job.
Cons
Workers and stuff terrible attitude
1 June 2020
We at Sunshine are disappointed that you may have witnessed or felt this way about the environment that your worked in. We pride ourselves in creating a Positive Company culture along with fair compensation packages. Our HR department would like you to take the time and contact them at 905-335-2020 to address your concerns.
Worked for this company for nine years great company to work for willing to give you extra hours if you want them appreciate their employees usually management would come around once a month say hello to everybody see how they’re doing money wasn’t All that good but you could get more hours
Pros
Minimal supervision good people to work for
Cons
Terrible money for what you do . no benefits
good company too work for, they were always fair and treated their employees well. It is an ideal job for someone trying to get back into the work force.
teachers were nice . you didn't see them very often though because we came and cleaned after everyone was gone which was a big asset because you were able to do your job in peace
Very good place to work lots of different jobs. Many job opportunities available like PSW Housekeeping and dietary aide. Good hours and great bosses. You can work in retirement homes as well
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Heavy lifting
Good place to work very friendly people there the bosses are great. Overall good place to work. Many good reasons to work there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunshine Building Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4