SUNSET PRODUCE Employee Reviews

Poorly managed
Purchasing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, ON14 June 2018
While training you do not receive adequate help and or the materials to succeed. The department couldn't even provide me with a trainer for the first week of my employment. There was no director to report to, to be able to discuss this. On top of that the newly appointed "lead" were less than helpful and maliciously vindictive.
Fun workplace
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ON20 February 2018
People are friendly but you basically have no life if you work there. If you work on the afternoon shift expect to start at 5 and you wont really know what time you finish at.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Long hours and no life
Good working experience
Packer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON8 February 2018
Was a great job for the time i worked there great money and no too many hours for a high school kid. Would defiantly recommend to any high school student
Pros
good hours
Cons
management was not always the best
Little opportunity for advancement
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ON5 January 2018
Very cold place to work. If you do your job nobody bothers you. Very safe environment compared to other greenhouses. And they observe all labor laws and abide by them which is very refreshing for this type of work.
Pros
Steady consistent work
Cons
Cold environment
Horrible
Packer (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ON10 March 2017
Worked straight afternoons for over 8 months. The harder i worked the more they demanded of me. Was called lazy by one line lead that did not like me, and the rumour spread, But it seemed awfully strange that when they needed to get the peppers out faster the rest of the line leaders would come and get me telling me i was fast packing at the front of the line????? If you work straight afternoons you will have no life. They demand you work 6 days a week with no excuses. Leaving early (after 8 regular hours) will be frowned upon and it will not be forgotten of forgiven.
Pros
Cons
6 days a week, long hours, no respect for your hard work!
the place was good it would be a great place too work
Production Packer (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ON21 November 2015
i was there for 5 months i thought it was nice too work for i like the janitor the packing was too hard the peaple were nice i would go back too the green houses
General Labor
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON20 March 2015
I started out my part time job in Canada with Sunset Produce.
My work included occasionally grading and inspecting produce before packaging but primarily I worked in loading and stacking packaged produce ready for dispatch.
Frankly, it was hard work, but working with friends in the same place took out a lot of the work pressure. When I got a little tired from continuous stacking, a friend co-worker took over my responsibility and I took over his, which was a little less physically demanding.
Despite the work being hard, it was enjoyable since I personally experienced the fruits of teamwork.
Enjoyable and high energy work place.
Line worker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, ON15 May 2013
Repetitive work grading and sorting produce, with a number of entertaining people. The staff/management were very directive and easy to understand.