SunScape Tanning Studios Employee Reviews

great customers , horrible owners
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC11 June 2018
The customers were great , the staff were great .. but the owners were awful . They would just scam everyone in sight! Made it hard to want to work there.
Great learning experience
Salon Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver16 October 2017
Sunscape was a great place to work while going to school. This is a very professional run company with lots of opportunities for those who pay attention in training. I made a lot of commission (sometimes more than my wage) and would have been happy to keep the job had I not gone to university for a specialized career.
Pros
fun, meeting clients, commissions
Cons
not in my field
Warning - do not work here
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON19 May 2017
This was the worst job that I have ever had. The owners are nasty people who don't value their employees whatsoever. Nothing you do is ever good enough for them, and you are constantly being watched and analysed. After I find out the geezers in shipping; who have never accomplished ANYTHING in there lives like to talk about me in a very negative way. :) Enjoy the rest of your miserable lives working at Sunspace!
Pros
zero
Cons
long hours, terrible people, bad job
Worst job I have ever had
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC30 March 2017
This was the worst job that I have ever had. The owners are nasty people who dont value their employees whatsoever. Nothing you do is ever good enough for them, and you are constantly being watched and analyzed. There is also little to no opportunity for job advancement and if you do have the opportunity to enter into management you barely get compensated for your time.
Fun place to work with lots of opportunity
Salon Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver21 August 2016
I was very sad when I moved and had to resign at this wonderful company. They've been in business for over 15 years I think, and I was proud to work here. The girls I worked with are great, they have all sorts of commission and bonus opportunities that get paid every month, the clients were amazing (well most of them) and I made a lot of really great friends via this job. Although I wasn't able to commit full time, if I had there were a lot of possibilities for advancement and to receive training from their many higher level managers. I actually used a lot of the things I learned here at my other job and in school.

I may even go back and work here one day should circumstances allow.
Pros
great co-workers, awesome commissions, fun atmosphere
Cons
a few co-workers didn't pull their weight
awesome clients, great staff, very organized
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 April 2016
was a great place to work at, until there were new owners in place. many things changed and i didn't like how the new owners were handling the business.
Fun workplace with stringent employment contract.
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 January 2016
Most of the staff are fun, and loving people who are there to help you. Computer problems can create havoc in the working environment.