Sunrise Spas

Sunrise Spas Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Sunrise spas
Sunrise spas was a great place to work! When you got around to know your spot they will move you to learn the ropes on another area switch helped me understand the whole hot tub.it makes it a lot easier to work that way
Good if you like your supervisors
It’s a great place to work, plant manager is awesome, the one supervisor is awesome. Everyone to work with is awesome except a select few. I was let go 9 months to the day I was hired, after I was given $15/hr after we switched to 1 shift which was 6-430pm Monday to Thursday. I had filed a complaint with the supervisor, the plant manager and then the Vice President. The Vice President decides to hand me a termination letter instead of solving the problem of harassment. Just an FYI, if you apply here and have issues with a coworker, don’t expect to see if fixed, you’ll end up getting shown the door.
Pros
Bonus program.
Cons
No job security like I was promised.
Its an easy job and strady pay
I worked at sunrise for 3 months and the management and company are awesome
I was installing jets in the tubs,its probably the worse job there because of the dust,,,i was told theyd install a separate area just for jetting that was to be exhausted to keep down all the dust

The jobs are all pretty easy to learn and do, theres nothing really back breaking

I was NEVER asked to move faster or repremanded by the manager i just did my job

Its not good if you want to move up because its so easy minimum wage is all you would expect

I was given a one week severance cheque and a letter of recommendation ( along with the 15 others being laid off) which coincidentally was at the point a dollar more per hour was promised)

This job posting oddly is right around 3 months after i was let go,,,,, but they were eliminating an afternoon shift

Still an alright job
Pros
Gatorade syrup, cake once a month, nice management addresses concerns
Cons
Only paid bonus of $.9/ hr for full hours
Changed culture and a great place to work
I been working for Sunrise Spas for several years now and I love the direction the company is going towards and I'm happy to be a part of it. Production is increasing which been adding more work colleagues to get to know and to top that off wages have increased severely since a couple of years ago, to bad about the minimum wage going up (Thanks Kathleen Wynne). Looking at all these reviews it seems like most of them are referring to the olden days and how things was back then. I can clearly remember walking in here the first time and the difference I see and feel now.
Steady hours with option to do overtime which is paid 1 1/2 after 42hrs. Lot's of new renovations and updates in machinery and tools. As far as I'm concern the company is doing its very best to make this place "the place" to work at. I'm not going anywhere and would recommend everyone to try it out.
Pros
Full time employment with good management
Cons
No cons except if you don't like shift work (during peak seasons)
It's a factory
A typical manufacturing warehouse. Dusty, constant schedule, and over all an easy place to work if you have thick skin. Not something I like, but a job is a job.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Gutteral behavior
productive friendly work place
the abitlity to move around the plant and gain expierience in different deptartments.
great management

lots of hours and perminant work

exellent christmas parties
Pros
bonus program
Cons
Better work environment needed.
Communication between the supervisors is minimal. Most long term employees make the same wage as anyone who walks in the door with very few earning more. After learning a department it becomes very difficult to learn other departments or advance.

The hours are long; Monday to Thursday 6:00 to 4:30 with two 20 minutes paid breaks and a 30 minute unpaid lunch and Fridays 6:00 to 2:30.

The supervisors push employees to rush expecting no errors and hound them if their times are slow. Employee well being is often overlooked for the sake of production, and while employee rights aren't actively violated, they have the potential to be ignored unless the employee knows their rights.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
48 hour weeks, constantly rushed
Work is interesting, but work culture not so good
I enjoy the work I do, but during the slow season you have to look busy, which is harder work than working.

Pay and benefits are good for the Niagara Region, but there is no Employment Standard when it comes to vacation unless you negotiate your vacation time, you would be on 2 weeks vacation for the rest of your life.

Work culture is very clicky, if you do not join one of the clicks you get virtually ignored by the rest of the staff, no matter how hard you try to fit in.
Pros
Birthday Cake every month, decent Xmas Bonus and Party
Cons
No employment guidelines, eg, 3 weeks vacation after 5 years, you have to do your own negotiating with management.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sunrise Spas?
terrible workplace
This place is the epidemy of bad workplaces. With even worse management and the absolute worst plant manager. I recommend staying far away from sunrise as their tubs are overpriced, lack in quality and the employees are treated like dirt. Workers receive min wage while being expected to work 110 percent without any motivation or reason to go above and beyond. The only enjoyable part of the job is when the buzzer goes at 430. In summary, this place sucks. And other employees yell, swear and pick on new employees. They have no manners and are the absolute bottom class of society. hookers have more dignity then anyone working at sunrise. Al Quada terrorists are looked upon more highly then those at sunrise.
Pros
getting yelled at for doing your job, being sworn at for no reason.
Cons
long hours, 2 15 min breaks in 11 hours of work and a 30 min unpaid lunch.
Managment not looking out for employees intrested
Place to work wouldnt to bad if anyone had a chance at wage increases, they are very concered with numbers and making money hiding mistakes and quick fix's, not a place id work again
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
Breathing fiber glass dust all day, backpain, slowly dieing
Steady hours and pay check
We are consistantly busy and i have learned a number of new skills during my employment. The management does its best to make the employees feel valued. My co-workers are a great bunch of people. The hardest part of the job is knowing that because it is a small company there really is no room for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to move around the shop and learning different tasks and being able to work and learn from different types of personalities.
Pros
Consistant hours
Cons
Small company no room for advancement
productive
I've learned so much
but now i think its time for me to move on to better myself
Teaches you the value of a dollar
A typical day at work for me would consist of jumping from two departments in order to keep a steady flow of work for the day. I started installing and tightening jets with attaching plumbing . After being promoted to the floor, I was installing speakers, air features, filters, and frame installation. What I've learned working here is I'm a hard working individual that's not recognized as an asset to the company but as a replaceable worker. I try my hardest everyday, I'm highly competitive and award myself with a hard works pay. The most hardest part of my job would have to be new challenges I haven't came across. With the help of my co-workers I grasp new solutions very quickly. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. They make my day fly by with great conversation and helpful methods.
Pros
Steady 48 hour work weeks
Cons
Low pay rate, no pension plan
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Spas. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6