Sunrise Soya Foods

Sunrise Soya Foods Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
All employees are great to work with. Pay and employee benefits could be improved on. Management needs to have more training in company policies. The work place culture is good.
Everything Sucks at Sunrise Soya Food Market Delta Location
as a maintenance and power engineer who had connection with most staff I strongly recommend do not apply for job at Sunrise Soya Food Market, Delta Location. Company is so unprofessional and management environment is toxic. High table brings their relative to work there which is conflict of interest. HR is not doing anything for employees because the owner is there most of the time and he runs the show. owner only think about Money managers only thinks about sales so they can get their bonuses. Long hours of work makes people do unsafe work and if somethings happen they blame it on poor staff and next thing you know you are out the door. Please if you care for your self do not apply to this place. Asian culture make is hard to work since language barrier is always around. And if you apply to work there please work safe since no-one care about you.
Place to work with nice people
Working at night was very fun with nice people. Nice management with friendly supervisors. Loved to work there again and again. Coworkers are helpful and nice
good work place
I am a low life worker in Sunrise. I clean toilets, sweep floors, make tofu, working with all other low life people managed by a low life production manager. I can use cell phone during tofu work, very good. Listen to music, chats and texts, social media at the best time, no problem at the Sunrise food factory. Manager knows and he's ok.
Pros
can use cell phone during work
Cons
no con
Doing it this way will have you covered
You see, there are some ways so that he can't be called being a bully or harassing production people. First you need to know the labor law, then you need to know the company rules, you need to use these knowledge and badly apply to some of the lowest paid workers in Sunrise. For under $16 dollars an hour these days, these workers are the company's actual soldiers who carry all the manufacturing work in order to ensure the survival of this company, that tofu are made. Yet the top management decides to hire some mean being master degree manager to run the show and boy, what a poor show from a seemingly educated man. For sure if these workers have somewhere to go, they will not put up with this guy. The morale is low, the unity and teamwork spirit is low, all because the production is poorly run by master degree, he is one of the major causes destroying the manufacturing of Sunrise.
come join sunrise soya foods
best production management in the world, treat workers like gold and treasure, high pay, respect lowly production associate with generous 15 min break and no manager come and ask why, so nice. this will pass the review and get posted, surely, always invite workers to consider overtime, even when they already done 10+ hr shift, they used to thank them with an instant noodle pack, not anymore. all the middle managers are so good human beings to especially the women workers who do all the grunt work. you finished lunch at 12pm, then work until 4pm to get a toilet break, nice manager asks kindly why, so considerate gentleman! love him. then when machine broke workers get sent home after 2 hrs, then the next time when they have tons of unfinished tofu, workers just say thanks, but before when you have not use of us you just sent us away, treat us so nice and yeah you think we want to help you? right...
Pros
everything you would expect and may be passed review for posting too
Cons
none what so ever, yeah really
Good work place
Nice and quite work place to work. Have lots of challenges to understand and deal with. Management always helps to resolve problem! The production team is also good and the atmosphere there is good.
bunch of bullies
Some office staff are bullies, they routinely bully the hourly workers. Those bullies need to be investigated. They treat workers like garbage, bullies bullies and more bullies.
Pros
nothing
Cons
bully managers and supervisors
Keep away from this company
Don't work in this company. Bad bosses, Chinese culture, too many down times, lack of drawings to fix the machines. You have to find parking spot for yourself.
Pros
Na
Cons
Bad bosses
Keep away from this company
This is the worst company I have ever worked. Too much bad politics. If management likes you then it is okay otherwise, you will just waste your time there. There is too much personal liking. If you don't have job, it is better to stay away from this company and try to find good one.
Pros
Cons
No carrier growth and worst management
Not a good place to work.
Too much turnover of employees. There is no career growth opportunities. Too much personal liking and favoritism. Bosses are clever to make their own positions. If this company gives me offer of double wages/salary, I will never accept. Management doesn't recognize hard work and think for themselves and for company only. They never think for there employees carrier. This is the worst company I ever worked for. Try to get rid of this company.
Management is almost same for both plants in BC.
Pros
Didn't find any
Cons
low wages, bad management, HR is not independent, parking problems, junkies sometimes smashes car windows
good & fun place to work
it is a nice place to work, for me sunrise company is like a university, I've learnt too many new things , The managers are fair with feedback and very approachable, the owners are so kind and supportive. you can get a lot of experience by working at sunrise soya foods. The company treats each employee very well, Everyone is respected, and the company gives opportunities to move up and develop new skills.
it was very fun working there, i was working there as a sanitation employer and was helping in production plant too. The production staff is very supportive.
Challenging workplace with room to develop
Inventory management reports with some manual labour involved.
I learned how to work with a diverse group of people. Friendly and multicultural environment.

A traditional company that is striving to move towards modern business practices.
One of the "not-so-good" companies out there to work for
Bad management. Horrible supervisors / managers. Hot environment. Dirty & stinky surroundings. QA manager is one of the worst persons ever. They employ people who can not & do not know how to work.
Worst place to wor
very bad don't work here no management very hot long hours disrespect staff not worth the time or the pay make you work more then you want to as well as treat you bad
Cons
hours, management
Very bad place to work
Management is terrible. It's hot noisy steamy and dangerous. People got permanent life-long injuries while I was working there. They didn't even bother to pay me. Most of the people there do not know they're in Canada and nobody speaks English.
Family Oriented and much more organized than before
I have been with Sunrise for a while now and they have made a lot of changes in their management team. Very organized and great people to work around.
Pros
Good management team
Not fun place to work
Job/life balance is average, no parking for employees.
Culture is not good, most people speak Chinese, a lot brake downs.

Management expecting to fix a problem during 30 min, which is some times not impossible. Not enough part for replacement.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Management not good. Not enough parts.
For Chinese people only
I did not get PAID for all the days I worked
Hot and Noisy

English and French are not official languages here

Most people who work here do not know we are in Canada.
Focusing on just the AP side of the company
Performed a lot of critical duties as an AP specialist. Getting to know the industry and learning the particulars about it. Fun to meet new staff and it is a great company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Soya Foods. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5