Sunrise Senior Living
Information from Sunrise Senior Living:

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Canada86 reviews
good place to work at
working at sunrise was a great experience for me. I learned a lot and met new people. however, we were understaffed most of the time. co-workers were cooperative.
Fast-paced environment full of fantastic people
I worked here for almost a year and met some of the best people of my life. They all care so deeply for every resident in the building and truly want to help as best they can. Most places of employment talk about teamwork, but Sunrise really shows how that is done.
Keeping a good relationship with my colleagues.
I had a large experience in sunrise i was able to manage and keep with my supervisors and superiors ,customers and colleagues,i really recommend this respective community to everyone
very lovely ank kind senior. and i enjoyed them.Dance , Card game, and more
I like volunteer's Manager of SUNRISE , she is so kind lady.
i enjoyed the every fun with senior, like card game, dance. music , drawing, i learned be patient and kind and friendly attitude .
Great company! Poor location
Sunrise as a whole has fantastic views and expectations of their team members in regards to their residents. EXCELLENT training for front line workers, extremely poor training for managers.
Not overly trustworthy upper management. Company needs to do an overhaul.
Productive and fun workplace
a typical day at work involves coordinating and hosting events, for senior residents.
the hardest part of the job was being able to communicate with senior residents and engage in meaningful conversations .
Pros
free snacks
Cons
best work environment
Excellent staff and best bosses i have ever had! kind, approachable. my only complaint is there is not enough work hours available. I am appreciated there.
Less then 1 🌟
Management and wellness care is anything but. Residents are offered everything initially and then systematically everything they were told is taken away.
In house training proves no staff are qualified . Hostile environment to work and live in. Stay away
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sunrise Senior Living?
Great job
The best working experience I ever had. I learned so many things about myself and others. It really helped shape me as an individual by being surrounded by such exceptional people.
very slow paced
working with elderly people can be frustrating but at the same time you feel good about it because they cannot do the things you are doing for them. The are happy to see you
Don’t work here
Awful place to work . There is no team spirit , management pick favourites regardless of their behaviour . They hire some people with little to no experience . It’s not quality care . Always short staffed , quite often don’t get proper breaks and no recognition when you go above and beyond . Not the work environment the company promotes .
Like the other nurse said, RUN
Toxic management and very cheap paid. Expect you to work as good as the other nurses that have worked there for years (I was also a new grad back then) Med tech are unsafe——most of them are PSWs rather than nurses to administer medications. Only hired RPNs for the whole home (and i thought you need to have a RN 24 hours at the facility...maybe only for government sponsored home) Dont work there.
Room for advancment, friendly environment, well maintained,
As the dishwasher I really had little contact with the residents but I found the kitchen staff friendly and helpful. A typical day dealt with handling of industrial dishwasher, washing and putting away dishes, etc. Garbage removal daily.
A lot of Fun, but a lot fo work
Great Team Amazing People. Management are great but work with difficult rules that sometimes feels unfair to the staff. Often staff in certain positions become overworked. Been working there for 5 + years and It's a good time. But I was a studetsn doign smaller jobs,
nice staff
Staffs on third floor are the best ! They have teamwork and there fun to be with . I would love to work there again if I have chance .
Boss are cool and open for any suggestions .
Great enviroment for growth and expanding learning
Amazing environment to grow in a team setting.
Learning new skills and building relationship with kind people.

On site training provided for career advancements

Monthly meetings to keep up relevant training updates and opportunity
Great workplace
Location may be far but is still quite accessible. Staff are friendly and work well with one another. No single workday is just like the other. Every day is a challenge but with fun and helpful coworkers, everything goes smoothly.
A great work environment with a big sense of team work
Everyone comes together to ensure the best quality of care for all residents. The culture is non-judgemental and everyone has the resident's best interest at hand.
Just making money out of poor seniors and families while jeopardizing quality of services and care
Poor management, staff is bombarded with work, short staffed almost always, residents are being treated poorly regardless of the money they put out to the facility, coworkers don't have teamwork and some are super bossy and does not help you at all, management does little to help you with schedules, concerns and issues, most of all abuse is going on by staff to residents so beware!
I love to work with sunrise and take care of seniors.
I like my job. I love to work with sunrise and take care of seniors. All team members are good, helpful and work as a team. Management is very supportive.
Great
Very nice place to work. Managers are efficient, and staff is always smiling. Enjoyable part of the job would be putting a smile on a resident's face.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.