Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
chef de partie (Former Employee) –  Lynn Valley, BC24 April 2018
my day at sunrise was perfect .i loved working there.management was the best i have work with.for 2 years i have cooked for 100 residence . i loved it
Sunrise Residential Home Intern (Current Employee) –  Beaconsfield, QC2 April 2018
I am currently doing my internship here and really enjoy the positive dynamics of the staff members and the seniors. I would really love to get the opportunity to make this my permanent place of work or a similar organization.
Pros
Interactive participants
Cons
Did not spend enough time to have any cons.
volunteer placement
VOLUNTEER EVENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 December 2017
a typical day at work was just simply basic i would come in and help the elderly people with what ever needs that they wanted from getting them things or sitting down and playing games with them
Poor
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC18 December 2017
This organization is a fake. They put on a show for clients and for their families but unfortunately treat their staff very poorly. The management are disrespectful and gossipy.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
work environment..expect everything for little pay
Best place I ever worked!
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON18 October 2017
Days are busy and the team is hard working. Goals are to provide amazing care for our residents each day. Best part of the role is working with families and our residents.
Pros
Happy residents
Cons
Nothing bad to say.
Former Employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Beaconsfield, QC15 October 2017
Pros
Team works well together.

Cons
No stable hours
Coordinators change schedules without regards to availability and they demand you work even if you have valid reason that you can't
PSW (REGISTERED CARE ATTENDANT) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2017
Great company to work for learned and gained experience in my field. Assisted living facility got residents up in the morning assisted with all personal care with all residents.
Pros
got to work with seniors and provide best care possible
Felt Appreciated
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 June 2017
Compensation was great, but General managers changed too often to get to know them. Learned a lot about retirement options and felt very appreciated and respected.
Pros
free meals, apreciation trips and dinners
Cons
management changes
Sunrise Senior Living
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 May 2017
Sunrise is a good place to work and I enjoy it mainly because of the people I work with. I also enjoy serving the residents. Management is alright but the salary can be improved.
Pros
Working with great team members.
Cons
Salary
Poor management
caregiver (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC23 April 2017
This used to be a great company. But when they started to replace great people with people who have bad management skills, the company is now heading down the wrong path.
Pros
good benefits program
Cons
bad management
Worst job I've ever had. Abysmal management. Only concern is $$$
Care manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 December 2016
Two faced management that will treat you well one minute if you wish to be treated like a work horse with no overtime and no proper training, or flat out fire you without cause if you stick up for yourself.

Work environment and company as a whole cares almost entirely about appearance - staff are poorly trained, unprofessional and miserable (and miserable to new recruits - belittling them as well as the residents). Company management is non existent. If they have an issue with you or your work, you'll never know it until they get rid of you because they don't take the time to communicate.

Company's entire drive is $$ who see residents not as patients but cash cows and staff as work horses. You can tell this immediately as they reward staff with prizes for having "x" many move ins, etc. Focus is not on residents well being but how much cash they can make the company.

In terms of quality of care, it is poorer than a public facility, with one nurse for over 100+ residents and care staff that do not respect residents and disconnected management that does not respect staff - for 4K-10k a month--- you will do better to place your loved ones anywhere else. Do not work for these people if you have any self respect.
Fun Times
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB3 December 2016
Had great times chatting with the residents as i served them!job was wasy enough. You serve meals, pour their coffee, chat with them a bit and then clean up the tables.
Pros
Good conversations, good pay, easy to settle into
Cons
Its pretty sad when a resident passes
home like very friendly
lead care Manager, medication care Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 October 2016
Working with seniors can be challenging, but at the same time it is blessing because you can learn a lot from their life experience and their life history. we have an excellent management and hard working staff. the hardest part of the job is seeing people suffering. the most enjoyable part of my job is having fun with my co-workers and getting the job done right and on time.
Pros
reasonable price for lunch
Cons
pay a bit less
Wonderful community enviroment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB26 September 2016
From the day I started to the Grand Opening and meeting residents as they moved in, I very much enjoyed the job.
A lot of growth and many changes throughout my time there until new management came in to make it more profitable.
Pros
Great relationships with staff and residents
Cons
Sometimes hard to leave my work at work.
Morning Lead Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 June 2016
Excellent place to work. Staff was great very supportive. Felt like a family. Always new the I had support from my Management team and was able to talk to them.
Pros
Excellent support from management team
Cons
Really early Mornings
Better environment
Social Service Worker - 2nd year Field Placement (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2016
Learned a lot. very friendly staffs. Welcoming environment for everyone. Sometime, found very challenging but staff members was always there to guide me step by step.
Pros
not available
Cons
not available
Productive and busy but fun workplace
Registered Care Aide (Current Employee) –  British Columbia4 May 2016
I work 8 hours 4x a week , I learned so many skills as care aide since I started 4 years ago. I have a good working relationship with co- workers, the hardest part when no one is replaced when there's sick calls but we manage and the fun part when residents participate in social activities.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Job security
fun
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 April 2016
enjoyed working there as a support worker. the team work was great and the management was good. got to know the residents quite well and a lot of staff stayed at the job for a long time. it was fun working there though there was a lot of manual handling involved.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
a lot of manual handling involved
Fun Place to Work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 April 2016
At Sunrise, we provide individualized senior care in a safe, nurturing, warm environment. Since the beginning, our mission has been clear: To champion the quality of life for all seniors. We believe in the power of today, and strive to provide opportunities for our residents to Live with Purpose each and every day.
Productive and fun workplace
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 April 2016
Working for Sunrise Senior Living was a very positive experience. My coworkers were very helpful and worked as a team to complete care. It was a very fast paced environment to work in, however, the clients, my coworkers and the management team were great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.