Sunrise Poultry Employee Reviews

Great Company
Part Time Biller (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2019
Worked as a part time billing clerk, work load and processes are bearable, people (that have been at Sunrise for years) are pleasant, typical environment for a manufacturing company with median morale. I worked with a person who insist you do everything and asks you to pretend she is not there (for training purposes) so she would not do anything but invoice. She brings and discusses her personal drama and loves to talk about her previous employment and endless complaints. Hope the manager for the department would investigate and does something about it because NO ONE will have the patience to stay and tolerate this type of behavior and the environment it promotes, at least I couldn’t. Good luck.
Pros
Potential Permanent Long Term Role
Cons
One unprofessional person makes the environment unbearable
Good
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 November 2018
Good place to earn a cheque. The company is great. There is union and non union plants across western canada.wages are on par or above average. Hardest part is standing. Enjoyable part was good people.
Horrible and Secreative
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 September 2018
Would not recommend this place to work. They expect too much and give very little. The Manager was an arrogant a hole. Everyone was always left in the dark.
Pros
Cons
everything
Production worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 August 2017
Worst management. Doesn't care about the workers. Always pushes for increase production without upgrading their machines. Nobody has an idea what's going on the production floor. Too much overtime. Doesn't pay heed to workers ideas who are most of the time using the production floor
Pros
If you just want money with no life
Cons
Full of cons
Great job with amazing people
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2017
Great job with an amazing work environment. Learned to wash equipment and manage stock. Good and fair management that took different variables into consideration. Learned a lot about how to keep all materials needed up to code and in stock.
Pros
Flexible
Great guys
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 November 2016
All of the mechanics are great. We work amazing as a team together. Everyone brings something unique to the table. Twenty words.
Sunrise Poultry was interesting
Evis (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 April 2016
I loved working for sunrise. It was a definite change to what I was used to. The only thing was the hours were not great cause I had a small child that needed daycare and my day started at 5 am when most daycares are closed.
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 September 2015
I loved working here but had to move to Lethbridge. If I moved back to Calgary I would love to return there. I would put out road construction and other traffic signs.
supervising
Head Driver (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 March 2015
Being promoted to Head Driver was a great challenge. Taking charge and being organized is one of my outstanding traits.
Pros
benifits
Cons
not enough hours
Sunrise Poultry fresh cut meats distrubted to local stores.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Surrey, Bc13 December 2014
A typical day at work was from 5am to 2:30pm
I learned to be fast with my hands and wrap pallets containing finished product.
The management was excellent if there was any trouble you could always ask someone for help.
My co-workers were friendly people I was the youngest working there at the time.
The hardest part of the job was having to smell the raw chicken and working in a freezing environment
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off at 2:30pm.
Pros
Got to go home at 2:30pm
Cons
Had to wake up at 4:00am
There is room for improving
Inventory Production Control (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 October 2014
Review e-mails, get the request from other branches like Sunwest and J&L and reflect this in daily production packages.
Centralize the sales orders and sort them by date, warehouse and carrier. Reflect the sale orders in production packages in order to be produced.
Create report with back orders, export product done and all the transfer items to other branches.
hard work
Farm Manager at two farms (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 September 2014
The expectations get higher and higher, while the payment stays the same. No yearly increases.
Very unfair bonus system
Owner does not invest money into modernization, but at the same time expects increases in production.
The work quality got worse every year I worked there. Very sad
Pros
Yearly bbq
Cons
not a lot of praises, but tons of pressure
This is a structured and rewarding work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 March 2012
I liked working in this environment. There is definately room for quick advancement and movement within the company if you have strong initiative.

The Management does not forget how hard you work because it can be very hard work at times with long hours.

If you like a fast paced environment and have flexibility in many areas this is the job for you.
Pros
free pizza and great bonuses
Cons
can be cold, wet and a little smelly but you get used to it.