Sunrise Health Region

Sunrise Health Region Employee Reviews for Environmental Specialist

Environmental Specialist2 reviews
Canada2 reviews

We were productive,worked as afamily and enjoyed working

When i was admitted in Sunrise Health Region,specifically at Presceeville Health and District Hospital as ESW,I begun as a casual on call.They gave me an orientation on the job, by my seniors.After that,they send me to YGH,Yorkton,SK.for a 5-days boarding.We were taught about different courses relevant to health workers,After that, I resumed worked in Housekeeping and Laundry. The first week was rather tough for me,being new to the job.My supervisors were very understanding and patiently instructed all necessary procedures on each activity.They never showed any signs of disapproval.Hence,I was able to have a mastery of the job.Later on I applied as a temporary regular from which I was accepted.I was given more hours to work.This gave me enthusiasm to perform better.My Manager was very helpful and accommodating,specially to some issues that I encountered.There were three employees in a shift.We,really worked as a team .When one lagged behind schedule,somebody from us is always there to assist the guy.Out of responsibility,We always double checked our accomplishments before leaving the Hospital.Many times ,we had free lunches during special events and occasions.We were always reminded on safety such as PPE.When one was not feeling well,Management was always very concerned with the well being of employees.Respect for everybody,regardless of position or seniority,was implied.I really enjoyed working there,Albeit I voluntarily resigned for some personal reasons,Long live Sunrise HealthRealth Region.

Pros

free snacks and lunches on special events and celebrations

Cons

unpaid overtime when regular job is not done on time, but not exceeding one hour

Fun workplace with lots of interaction with the residents

I enjoyed working at this job. The management and staff were easy to get along with and i was able to spend time interacting with the residents that lived there.

Insights into Sunrise Health Region

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sunrise Health Region?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Health Region. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement