Sunrise Health Region

Sunrise Health Region Employee Reviews for Assistant

Assistant2 reviews
Canada2 reviews

Worked in a smaller community that treats the clients like family. We tried putting the needs of the client at the forefront. We tried making the care home like their home and let them have a say.

Enjoyable

A typical day at work 6:45am we have report our night nurse tell us what happened during the night people sleep well or did not sleep well 7:00am we start helping people get up for the day help them wash, get dressed then help them to the dining room once everyone is up and at the breakfast table we then serve breakfast and help people eat.Once everyone is finished breakfast we then clean up, wash faces, clean tables and put the food away etc.We then start helping people have a bath and go to the washroom sit in recliner or lay down in their beds.Then it is almost lunch so we help people get out of the chair or bed help them to the washroom and take them for lunch we help them eat and once again clean everything up after lunch and then continue to help people lay down or sit in recliner or go to the washroom.And while doing all these tasks we try to ensure the residents are happy we joke around and visit with them.

Pros

Having a resident tell you they love you

Cons

Having a resident pass away

Insights into Sunrise Health Region

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Health Region. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement