Sunrise Health Region

Sunrise Health Region Employee Reviews for Assistant

Worked in a smaller community that treats the clients like family. We tried putting the needs of the client at the forefront. We tried making the care home like their home and let them have a say.
A typical day at work 6:45am we have report our night nurse tell us what happened during the night people sleep well or did not sleep well 7:00am we start helping people get up for the day help them wash, get dressed then help them to the dining room once everyone is up and at the breakfast table we then serve breakfast and help people eat.Once everyone is finished breakfast we then clean up, wash faces, clean tables and put the food away etc.We then start helping people have a bath and go to the washroom sit in recliner or lay down in their beds.Then it is almost lunch so we help people get out of the chair or bed help them to the washroom and take them for lunch we help them eat and once again clean everything up after lunch and then continue to help people lay down or sit in recliner or go to the washroom.And while doing all these tasks we try to ensure the residents are happy we joke around and visit with them.
Pros
Having a resident tell you they love you
Cons
Having a resident pass away
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sunrise Health Region?