Sunrise Health Region
Sunrise Health Region Employee Review

21 April 2014
I work 8 and 12 hour days the ladies I work with are a pleasure which makes the work easy the sorrow I feel for the residents... they built this country and now they are suffering... I find that very hard. The most enjoyable part is the smiles and thank you I receive from the residents
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
I live only 3 houses away from the Lodge
Cons
it is hard when someone I have learned to love passes away.
18 March 2021
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) - Preeceville, SK
When i was admitted in Sunrise Health Region,specifically at Presceeville Health and District Hospital as ESW,I begun as a casual on call.They gave me an orientation on the job, by my seniors.After that,they send me to YGH,Yorkton,SK.for a 5-days boarding.We were taught about different courses relevant to health workers,After that, I resumed worked in Housekeeping and Laundry. The first week was rather tough for me,being new to the job.My supervisors were very understanding and patiently instructed all necessary procedures on each activity.They never showed any signs of disapproval.Hence,I was able to have a mastery of the job.Later on I applied as a temporary regular from which I was accepted.I was given more hours to work.This gave me enthusiasm to perform better.My Manager was very helpful and accommodating,specially to some issues that I encountered.There were three employees in a shift.We,really worked as a team .When one lagged behind schedule,somebody from us is always there to assist the guy.Out of responsibility,We always double checked our accomplishments before leaving the Hospital.Many times ,we had free lunches during special events and occasions.We were always reminded on safety such as PPE.When one was not feeling well,Management was always very concerned with the well being of employees.Respect for everybody,regardless of position or seniority,was implied.I really enjoyed working there,Albeit I voluntarily resigned for some personal reasons,Long live Sunrise HealthRealth Region.
Pros
free snacks and lunches on special events and celebrations
Cons
unpaid overtime when regular job is not done on time, but not exceeding one hour
16 November 2020
Continuing Care Aide (Current Employee) - Melville, SK
A typical day at work 6:45am we have report our night nurse tell us what happened during the night people sleep well or did not sleep well 7:00am we start helping people get up for the day help them wash, get dressed then help them to the dining room once everyone is up and at the breakfast table we then serve breakfast and help people eat.Once everyone is finished breakfast we then clean up, wash faces, clean tables and put the food away etc.We then start helping people have a bath and go to the washroom sit in recliner or lay down in their beds.Then it is almost lunch so we help people get out of the chair or bed help them to the washroom and take them for lunch we help them eat and once again clean everything up after lunch and then continue to help people lay down or sit in recliner or go to the washroom.And while doing all these tasks we try to ensure the residents are happy we joke around and visit with them.
Pros
Having a resident tell you they love you
Cons
Having a resident pass away
2 March 2020
cook (Former Employee) - Yorkton, SK
Too many people who thought their way was the only way and management never enforced mandatory procedures. I felt like I was being pulled in every direction.
  1. when it is my turn to help activity... there are so many games that the residents absolutely love... it is fun to watch and listen to them cheer.