Sunrise Health Region
Sunrise Health Region Employee Review

Fun workplace with lots of interaction with the residents

10 May 2016
I enjoyed working at this job. The management and staff were easy to get along with and i was able to spend time interacting with the residents that lived there.
4.0Job security/advancement
18 March 2021
Same role
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) - Preeceville, SK
When i was admitted in Sunrise Health Region,specifically at Presceeville Health and District Hospital as ESW,I begun as a casual on call.They gave me an orientation on the job, by my seniors.After that,they send me to YGH,Yorkton,SK.for a 5-days boarding.We were taught about different courses relevant to health workers,After that, I resumed worked in Housekeeping and Laundry. The first week was rather tough for me,being new to the job.My supervisors were very understanding and patiently instructed all necessary procedures on each activity.They never showed any signs of disapproval.Hence,I was able to have a mastery of the job.Later on I applied as a temporary regular from which I was accepted.I was given more hours to work.This gave me enthusiasm to perform better.My Manager was very helpful and accommodating,specially to some issues that I encountered.There were three employees in a shift.We,really worked as a team .When one lagged behind schedule,somebody from us is always there to assist the guy.Out of responsibility,We always double checked our accomplishments before leaving the Hospital.Many times ,we had free lunches during special events and occasions.We were always reminded on safety such as PPE.When one was not feeling well,Management was always very concerned with the well being of employees.Respect for everybody,regardless of position or seniority,was implied.I really enjoyed working there,Albeit I voluntarily resigned for some personal reasons,Long live Sunrise HealthRealth Region.
Pros
free snacks and lunches on special events and celebrations
Cons
unpaid overtime when regular job is not done on time, but not exceeding one hour
7 September 2019
Same location
Support Worker (Former Employee) - Langenburg
Way too much drama in this company! They focus more on the “company” than the needs of the clients!...One is only allowed to voice their opinion IF it favours the company!! Sad really! 😢
Pros
Working with the elderly
Cons
Worked to DEATH!!...Not allowed to voice opinions, unless they favour Sunrise
28 August 2018
Same location
Administrative Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) - Langenburg, SK
Everyone is always so much fun to work with here. The environment is always so happy and everyone is always very helpful! Management is very easy and understandable to work with as well.
Pros
Great managment, fun work environment, great co-workers
  1. Fun workplace with lots of interaction with the residents