Sunrise Health Region

Sunrise Health Region Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Not a friendly setting
Too many people who thought their way was the only way and management never enforced mandatory procedures. I felt like I was being pulled in every direction.
Favouritism for “certain” employees!...eg...The BUTT KISSERS!
Way too much drama in this company! They focus more on the “company” than the needs of the clients!...One is only allowed to voice their opinion IF it favours the company!! Sad really! 😢
Pros
Working with the elderly
Cons
Worked to DEATH!!...Not allowed to voice opinions, unless they favour Sunrise
flexible
volunteering is flexible. the work is alright. its volunteer work so expect odd job tasks. the lady operating is friendly and tries to make the work enjoyable
Fun Work Environment
Everyone is always so much fun to work with here. The environment is always so happy and everyone is always very helpful! Management is very easy and understandable to work with as well.
Pros
Great managment, fun work environment, great co-workers
Cons
Worked in a smaller community that treats the clients like family. We tried putting the needs of the client at the forefront. We tried making the care home like their home and let them have a say.
Productive and encouraging
Co-operative, productive and friendly workplace.
Here we are working as a team, administration and other facilities are excellent.

Always gets a positive energy from my workplace.
cliquey
Lots of bosses but not necessary management type. Lots of things get swept under the rug such as patient care and staff conflicts
Pros
small care homes
Cons
poor staffing
Productive and interesting daily workplace
Able to assist clients and co-workers on a daily basis to ensure their needs are met. Ability to deal with stressful and non stressful complications of needs. Ability to position the needs at a timely fashion which is not always possibe when 10 clients need the same time of day to be seen, with only 3 staff members to cover the need.
Fun workplace with lots of interaction with the residents
I enjoyed working at this job. The management and staff were easy to get along with and i was able to spend time interacting with the residents that lived there.
sca
work at a nursing home with residents, help them with there adls everyday, I work with amazing staff and management is ok for the most part, only issue is there is a hard time finding people to work. the most enjoyable part is getting to kmow our residents and helping them out with that.
Pros
good working place
Cons
not enough workers
Stressfull work environment lots of bullying CCA's
Poor work place environment lots of negativity, laziness and disregard for residents. More concern about smoke breaks and long lunch hours than professionalism
when it is my turn to help activity... there are so many games that the residents absolutely love... it is fun to watch and listen to them cheer.
I work 8 and 12 hour days
the ladies I work with are a pleasure which makes the work easy

the sorrow I feel for the residents... they built this country and now they are suffering... I find that very hard.

The most enjoyable part is the smiles and thank you I receive from the residents
Pros
I live only 3 houses away from the Lodge
Cons
it is hard when someone I have learned to love passes away.