Sunrise Farms

Working at Sunrise Farms: Latest Sunrise Farms Reviews

Canada78 reviews

badyearhourenvironmentpeoplehardgoodworking

It's a paycheck.

Management could not care less about their drivers. Our loyalty bonus was cut in half (this was given out in early December) then given out in January so couldn't be used for Christmas. Instead they gave us a pay raise. Except at the end of it all still made the same money, but half a bonus. No communication between supervisors, and drivers. You can write faulty equipment all week long. Don't expect it to get fixed. Delays on farm is standard. The first hour is yours with no pay. Only pay delay after that. Concern is only for product to arrive at plant. Driver safety in bad weather conditions is of no concern.You will make on average $75000 a year. You drive all night. Sunday to Thursday. So getting home sometime Friday. Saturday only actuall day off.

Pros

Steady paycheck, decent dental.

Cons

Saturday only day off, No communication between managers and drivers

Hard pass

This job is kind of a joke you go in Monday to Friday Thursday they tell you to work Saturday and then you show up and tihere's a barely anyone there and be barely any work to do so you do is screw around all for most of the time for 4 hours and you go home.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

This job will literally fire you for having sick days Oh man

Insights into Sunrise Farms

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Fast paced line production plant that offers decent pay and job security.

Sunrise is a fast paced plant but you will be fairly paid and have job security because they never shut down and never laid off workers. It is a refrigerated plant but if you dress appropriately you will stay warm. There are workers from all over the planet employed at Sunrise and they help those employees that are new to Canada and the English language.

Good bunch of people to work for

Very nice Production Manager and Supervisors. Some stress due to the COVID pandemic, but we all worked as a team to keep the facility safe for all the employees.

will not recommend to work, poor management ; poor employee benefits concern only on production out put. not friendly work environment.

poor management culture; lot of favoritism and racism. workplace is not healthy; concern only on out put (working like machine) not friendly work environment

Decent money, terrible hrs

Decent pay, Sunday night to Thursday night. So only Saturday is your full day off. Boss's aren't on your caes at all unless you mess up. Decent dental plan.

Pros

It's a decent paycheck

Cons

Night driving, one dsy off a week

Entire management team are completely unprofessional and self righteous!

Management is completely inappropriate and manipulative with no regard to individuals well being.Staff are routinely left to struggle with their responsibilities. New and existing staff are given zero training so that they can never succeed. Then bullied and subjected to harassment from both supervisors and other staff due to inability to perform basic duties which were never explained or shown. Could be a great place if management were replaced with more qualified individuals.

Pros

Full time

Cons

Everything else

I would not recommend sunrise it’s not a fun place to work

It’s very hard work and cold? Supervisors lead hand don’t do there job properly specially in shipping department leadhand just sit and the office eat and sleep he doesn’T even go out and on the floor and check if the people r working or not and he plays favourite and racis

Cons

Can’t even go to the washroom without telling ur leadhand and when You lead hand time you

Terrible for families

Don't pay enough for the job you do. You are not appreciated from upper management you go do the job and go home forman appreciates you but that is it and he doesn't like the job either so ya it sucks heavy birds all the time 24 pounds a hand.

Cons

Really long hours, Payed travel time between jobs but not payed from your house or after work, back to your house so 2 to 3 hours you dont get paid for everyday.

Highly regulated fast paced environment

Overall, nice place to work, but little room for advancement. The quality assurance/food safety department is good. They are strict on non-complaint things

Pros

Good culture and management

Cons

Good place to be at only cause of the people i worked with there

My experience with the Taber process plant was great. And what made it great were the PEOPLE I WORKED WITH!!! From the manager to everyone on the production lines. I'd definitely go back there if there was a spot to go back too.

Pros

Get most weekends off

Cons

Just a very cheap company. No real care for what employees do for the company

Very stressful and time consuming.

• you get picked up at your house then drive out to farm to catch • I’ve learned how to stay motivated and not give up • the hardest part about the job is getting used to being awake all night • most enjoyable part... going home at the end of the day

Pros

Transportation to work site

Cons

Long hours/ very stressful/ takes a toll on your body

Fun and enjoyable

I enjoyed packaging the chicken in the trays so fastLabeling them and putting the stickers it was really enjoyableThe early morning shift was good well organized with good lead hands who are nice to their employees. Incase of a problem it's easy to approach them and solve it so quickly without getting to the management

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

They don't pay for the 1/2 hour break

Not a happy place!

Spent a long time at sunrise. It was nice to work with a lot of different cultures and meet a lot of great people (employees). The full benefits are nice... but while there is some room for advancement the management is very poor and if they don't like you, you will know it. Lots of harassment happens here - and if it's done by a supervisor they won't deal with it or they sweep it under the rug). They try to get by without paying people when they get them to do a job that is above production. (In some cases but not all). They will take advantage of people if they have a "skill set". Normally you'd work an 8 hour shift but most of them your looking at +2 hrs of overtime every day, work alot of Saturdays and while that's great for money you have no time for family. It really drains you. You can see when people leave from working 6 days a week continuously they are sad, tired, but don't leave out of fear and loss of money).Employees don't receive proper training when they are new and because of that they are faced with a lot of stress and get yelled at cause they "can't do it" then either get fired or leave. Supervisors are under paid (compared to similar jobs in the area) and put under a lot of pressure even if it's morally wrong and infringes on workers rights. I do not recommend working here because of the management. The are deceitful, lie and do what ever they can to make a buck even if it's treating you bad. The only good side is benefits, the paycheck and getting to know some really great people that become like family.

Pros

Benefits, culture diversity

Cons

Ridiculous hours, poor management, staff taken advantage of, harassment

They kill chickens for fun even the babys

I only worked there for a little while and everyday I was there the works were killing chickens for fun I saw one guy Stump on a baby chickens head to see what would happen in one day the works killed 20-30 just for fun perfectly healthy chicken get there heads crushed for fun by these people

Pros

Only the money

Cons

Everything else

Good

Good place to be working at good friends to get to know good supervisor good team work it's just great good environment great great great great great great

Pros

Good people

Cons

Gettin dirty lol

Not to much comments!

I prefer to have not comment of this job, the only that I can say is that was my worst experience in this types of works in my life, no good training, extremely competition between colleagues, nothing to say about the managers they are good persons, but they derogate the the training of the new people to the other workers with more time working there, so they have preferences to the people of the same ethnics, by the way, if you have lucky, you will pass your training the filter if not, they will fired you!... I quit before they take me out.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Discrimination

Don't bother applying

Don't bother applying unless you're single and very hungry otherwise you will never see your family. Tons of overtime and you have to do it and be sure to sign up to work Saturdays if you're a driver or they won't like you.

Pros

No Pros

Cons

Long hours and very unorganized In shipping, Plan your own run. New employyes are not accepted, Liked.

They will treat you horribly

All they care about is money! You won’t even get a thank you after the shift everyone is miserable! Sunrise poultry lethbridge is not ideal job only if u have no choice!

it was good

I was happy to in sunrise it was good and I had lots of friends. I live sunrise because I get sick and I move to a different city and I'm looking for work now

Pros

Cons

15 mintes

cold place to work at

i worked in the plant for almost four years.. flexibility in working assignments is a must. It’s a freezer type environment to work at. fast faced kind of work..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Farms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement