Sunrise Farms

Sunrise Farms Employee Reviews

Canada57 reviews
i worked in the plant for almost four years.. flexibility in working assignments is a must. It’s a freezer type environment to work at. fast faced kind of work..
I only worked there for a little while and everyday I was there the works were killing chickens for fun I saw one guy Stump on a baby chickens head to see what would happen in one day the works killed 20-30 just for fun perfectly healthy chicken get there heads crushed for fun by these people
Pros
Only the money
Cons
Everything else
Good place to be working at good friends to get to know good supervisor good team work it's just great good environment great great great great great great
Pros
Good people
Cons
Gettin dirty lol
I prefer to have not comment of this job, the only that I can say is that was my worst experience in this types of works in my life, no good training, extremely competition between colleagues, nothing to say about the managers they are good persons, but they derogate the the training of the new people to the other workers with more time working there, so they have preferences to the people of the same ethnics, by the way, if you have lucky, you will pass your training the filter if not, they will fired you!... I quit before they take me out.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Discrimination
Don't bother applying unless you're single and very hungry otherwise you will never see your family. Tons of overtime and you have to do it and be sure to sign up to work Saturdays if you're a driver or they won't like you.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Long hours and very unorganized In shipping, Plan your own run. New employyes are not accepted, Liked.
All they care about is money! You won’t even get a thank you after the shift everyone is miserable! Sunrise poultry lethbridge is not ideal job only if u have no choice!
I was happy to in sunrise it was good and I had lots of friends.
I live sunrise because I get sick and I move to a different city

and I'm looking for work now
Pros
Cons
15 mintes
People are great , managment is fair and supportive they help you succeed pay is great workload is good and it's a great place to work. Fun atmosphere and a great way to further your career.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
safe equipment /safe workplace /open-door policy with management one of the last companies that I can say care about your well being and family life well my opinion on that.
No work training, Extremely rude, rushed on first day, don't give you nor tell you the proper ppe needed for the job when watching chickens. Highly not recommended. They do not provide mask, gloves, or boots for their employees or even water and a washroom.
I worked at Sunrise as a billing clerk for about 1 year. Some things that people may want to know about the company is if you are working in the factory portion of the company, (so where the loading, unloading, packaging, billing happens) they operate 5 days a week 24 hours and about half days on Saturdays. As a billing clerk the hours are a bit strange, you can be the full time morning shift, full time afternoon shift, full time late night, part timer for 3 days of the week with the option of the working the Saturday shift. The saturday shift started at 430am and one person would be off around 10am while the other person was there until the last truck had left (could be 10am, could be 4pm). There is a bit of learning curve to the job as it requires you to be very very detailed, and you should be very quick with a keyboard as if you were to use the mouse to move around you would be way too slow o finish the job at a decent time.
The people I worked with I enjoyed, always had a blast with everyone in the office. The ladies loved feeding me so I cant complain there. Plant managers would regularly come up and they were also very nice and chatty,
Very bad organization skills, I worked there for a year and had a broken radio the whole time I was there and I was the lead millwright on night shift.
Horrible company and management. They are very ignorant and rude to staff and treat them like they are the chickens. No respect period for anyone. And the hours are ridiculous they take your whole life.
If you can tough out production, there is room for advancement and better positions. If you go in with a bad attitude you will have an even worse experience. Get to know the people and it will make it all worth it!
Benefits
Cons
Worked night shift and was very hard work but, worked at it for 4 years. Visited several farms over the years and worked well with all of the farmers and people on the farms.
U had to be a tough person to survive no kidding takes 2 weeks to get use to but those to weeks are tough I seen ppl last1 night gone the next night even a person survived 3 trucks and his women had to come get him cause he could ing do it anymore after that he was gone I really in encouraged ppl that would come I knew how it was to be a catcher I worked at a catcher for 2 half years most farms get free pop and get freee lunches even to usually the. Farmer will go get Tim Horton donuts and coffee. Even around towards the end of December every years this one farm gives the catcher 20 $ that was cool to but yeah and after awhile to working there I stopped eating chicken lol but yeah but one thing sucked was u were only able to go up to 2 0 $ hr after that no more but if ur the foreman of the crew u go up 1 $ so 2 1 $ after that nothing .
Pros
Free pop, sandwiches, tim hortons donuts coffee.
Cons
winter yes cause truck always get stuck
Not a goodplace to work for. Not organized at all and lots of favouritism being played. Workers are not treated fairly . Takes almost 6 years to get the benefits packages and had to write a request about anything and everything, and don’t be so sure if it will be approved.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Too less space to mention
working in the the world of cutting up chickens I just knew that was not for me the -15 cold all day and freezing hands was not my favorite that's for sure but besides the fact the employees were very kind
Graveyard shift can take a toll on your health, especially working those type of hours in production. It is tough since its straight labor and some parts of the job can feel brutal, other parts not so much.
Pros
Good pay, 40 hours a week with option of overtime.
Cons
Terrible work hours and can;t balance life activities properly, coworkers can be either nice or plain rude.
Terrible employer. Low pay rate, awful working conditions, management are nasty, and scapegoat everyone if they can. You're in a wet, refrigerated environment all day long and breaks seem to take forever to come. And you're there until the work is done, whether that's 8 hours or 18.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, low pay, no opportunities.
work for everybody and anybody... the mixture of people and ethnicity...poor supervisors and lead-hands. very cold place to work at below zero centigrade.
Pros
benefits complte
Cons
fast pace