SUNRIPE

SUNRIPE Employee Reviews

a wonderful experience

this was my first job experience. i really enjoyed my time working in this job position and would go back if applicable. staff is extremely friendly and supportive.

Very toxic environment

I would definitely not recommend working here!! The work place is plagued with drama and very unhappy employees due to how poorly the place is run, this is evident by the high turn over rate. Management treats their employees with disrespect and hostility and their action are not reprimanded. The owners alow the mistreatment of their employees as they are only concerned with money. There is also very poor communication between management and employees as management can't even agree on how simple tasks should be done. (So expect to do the same thing over and over again, well getting yelled at for doing it wrong). Over all I you have other options DO NOT work here or else you will not be disappointed on how bad it is to work here.

Pros

Paid 30min lunch, discount

Cons

Horrible management style

Not worth your time

Was there for a couple months and quickly found out this wasn't the place or work environment i was looking for, i thought working in the bakery would be a great experience since i have a passion for it but i was wrong. Co-workers and management talk behind your back and belittle you, you seem to be criticized about everything you do even when you're doing everything right, you bust your butt and get shown no appreciation when you go above and beyond your job responsibilities.For the amount of work you are required to do and only getting a minimum wage pay not to mention the hectic work environment,i would save yourself the hassle and look for something better.

Pros

You get a store discount, that's pretty much it

Cons

You are criticized about every little thing you do, No job security (they can fire you whenever they want even if you were a good worker), The pay sucks!

Best job I ever had until I started my own business.

I loved my time at sunripe, which was my first job, and took me through my 5 years in high school. The owners felt like family to me as did a lot of fellow employees. Someone would always offer to give me a ride home if it was raining, or we just got out late. They would put on really nice Christmas dinners for us, and I never had any issues with getting time off when needed. I enjoyed this job so much, the people who trained me and the managers I worked with at the time taught me so many skills that I have still used at every job since. I felt like I got to know so many regular customers, which was also a great part of the job. On super busy holiday weekends, I enjoyed the mayhem and challenge of getting everything done, and the crazy fast pace required to survive. This place taught me how to work hard and to really care about the quality of the work I do...displays were always made sky high and looked so pretty. I’d have a sense of accomplishment when a whole section was finished, and it would just look so beautiful. Though I’m a petite female, I grew some pretty impressive muscles (which I still sport today, nearly 15 years later). I was proud to work here, and I treasure many memories. In fact I still keep in contact with a few employees from when I did work here all those years ago. I would totally work here again, part time as a side gig, since I have my own business now. Loved it.

Pros

Always had cake in the break room, didn’t mind if we had a few grapes and other fruit here and there, I got to try all kinds of new stuff I’d never tried before, they let us take bread home at night if it was day old, staff meetings were usually hilarious, My wage was always more than my friends working elsewhere at the time, Like way more

Cons

Expensive but the discount helped!

Good staff

Was a good environment to work at made new friends learned a lot of new stuff and new ways on how to bake different things they made. Also was able to expand my bakery experience

Window Dressing

Boring and repetitive work will leave you feeling unfulfilled. Owners spend too much time psychoanalyzing their staff and trying to mold their thought processes and not enough time listening to them. The atmosphere in their stores is similar to a museum; cold, dark and lifeless. Prepping their many products consists of repackaging known brand names under ludicrous names designed to pad the owner’s egos. Overall, working here is disheartening and transitory.

Great place to work!

The employees and the customers make this a great place to work. Seeing the entire family involved with the company makes you want to be a team player and hearing how the owners truly feel about their business, staff and customers makes you proud to work for them. They are looking for employees who share the same values they do and that makes a winning combination.

Worked extremely hard for comany and wasn't good enough to make full time!!!

I worked my butt off for this company for 3 months with little to NO FORMAL TRAINING!! and got fired after being used for 3 months in this toxic work environment where you would literally get ridiculed for asking questions it was unreal! At first I was told I was being trained to be a closing shift supervisor, then after all my hard work for 3 months, got tossed away like garbage!!

Wasn't a good place for me.

I worked there for a few months and quickly saw how toxic the work environment is there. Gossiping/back talking, fake people/"friends" and harassment problems between the workers. The manager doesn't care about the workers, only cares about the store business, holds grudges and is very cold. I tried talking with them but problems still remained, undealt with. The manager also cut hours to accommodate other workers who've been there longer. The work is also very physically demanding and I felt underpaid. Never felt appreciated and even the customers were rude and talked down the workers. There is so much food waste that could be donated to help people instead of thrown away! Overall it wasn't the job for me.

Family run business -- team based work culture.

Bakery position is fast paced production machine -- always next B1G1 sale on the horizon. This was a great job with flexibility for appointments. Management is excellent. Profit Sharing is a plus!

Jobs at SUNRIPE

See more jobs

Toxic terrible place to work

Never feel appreciated. Rude. Unfairly treated Too much work for little pay. Only good thing about working here we’re customers and some of the staff.

Worst Company I have ever worked for

Management had no sympathy towards my home life, recently loosing my home, the company patronized me for crying at work before my shift had started. They gave me a chance to clean up but threatened my position in the process. I worked two more shifts smiling and laughing with customers, completing my work and helping my customers in anyway that I could. I had only ever been early for my job, always sought out other things to do well before my shift had started in order to help my colleagues and lighten their work as I enjoyed helping in anyway I could. I never called in sick, missed a day of work, and only had booked days off for necessary appointments like Therapy and Doctors. In a time of need, the management ignored my efforts and fired a student that they knew of their situation. I now have no job, and am currently couch surfing and lost the opportunity to find a home and become stronger, despite doing everything in my power to put on a smile and treat the customers as if I were happy to be there despite everything.

Cons

Careless, cruel, and horrible in situations when you need support

Sunripe sucks

Job duties include heavy lifting, cold temperatures and extra jobs as well as your own are expected. Owners are all about their store and their money. There is no room for error or illness. Not worth the extreme work load for the pay.

I like working for Sunripe. It has taught me so much. There needs to be more communication among management. Co-workers are great, makes the day that much better.

Cons

I wish we had vision for benefits pay more get less

Fun place to work

I learned all of my basic skills while working at sunripe. The management was very good in every department. Managers and boss were very fun and easy to talk to.

Pros

good food

Cons

not enough hours

fun workplace

its fun place to work , most of the time , the customers are wonderful and most staff is good, , my only issue is they are not accomidating to people who have young kids. for instance my shifts are from noon till 8 30 pm. and always working weekends.. day cares dont work past these hours , the boss wont allow people to take xmas vacations , even tho it gets slow right after xmas ,

Pros

great customers

Cons

not understanding bosses

nice small family business

Great company no room for advancement nice people to work for heavy lifting - 50= lbs hours vary fresh produce friendly staff flexible hours caters to students

Pros

lunches - tasty

Cons

strenuous

Fun part time job

I enjoyed the staff and clients within this establishment. Learned how to to prep and cook a lot of different snacks and meals. It was very gratifying working in a fast paced and high demand environment. A tasty learning experience indeed.

Pros

The pastries

Cons

Pricy food

Typical day is to make the guest experience remarkable and want to come back. My co-workers are great to work with, we form a wonderful team.

fun place to work

Amazing people to work with, generally fun, easy going atmosphere. The owners are great and generous. Long shifts and long hours, a lot of tasks for any position, keeps you busy. Amazing product though!

A little family

I believe Sunripe is a great first job for students in high school they give you around 15 hours a week. The store also closes early every night the lastest is 8 pm. Which means you can still focus on school and after school activites. The staff at Sunripe is very outgoing and caring towards the costumers. We are known to have the best fresh vegitables and fruits in Sarnia. I've learned a lot from my managers and different tasks I've completed in the past years. I love getting to work and everyone saying to me goodmorning, hey how's it going, etc.

Pros

Good service, good hours, good food, good location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUNRIPE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare SUNRIPE with

SUNRIPE Reviews by Location

• SUNRIPE
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?