SUNRIPE

SUNRIPE Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
a wonderful experience
this was my first job experience. i really enjoyed my time working in this job position and would go back if applicable. staff is extremely friendly and supportive.
Window Dressing
Boring and repetitive work will leave you feeling unfulfilled. Owners spend too much time psychoanalyzing their staff and trying to mold their thought processes and not enough time listening to them. The atmosphere in their stores is similar to a museum; cold, dark and lifeless. Prepping their many products consists of repackaging known brand names under ludicrous names designed to pad the owner’s egos. Overall, working here is disheartening and transitory.
Great place to work!
The employees and the customers make this a great place to work. Seeing the entire family involved with the company makes you want to be a team player and hearing how the owners truly feel about their business, staff and customers makes you proud to work for them. They are looking for employees who share the same values they do and that makes a winning combination.
Worked extremely hard for comany and wasn't good enough to make full time!!!
I worked my butt off for this company for 3 months with little to NO FORMAL TRAINING!! and got fired after being used for 3 months in this toxic work environment where you would literally get ridiculed for asking questions it was unreal! At first I was told I was being trained to be a closing shift supervisor, then after all my hard work for 3 months, got tossed away like garbage!!
Wasn't a good place for me.
I worked there for a few months and quickly saw how toxic the work environment is there. Gossiping/back talking, fake people/"friends" and harassment problems between the workers. The manager doesn't care about the workers, only cares about the store business, holds grudges and is very cold. I tried talking with them but problems still remained, undealt with. The manager also cut hours to accommodate other workers who've been there longer.
The work is also very physically demanding and I felt underpaid. Never felt appreciated and even the customers were rude and talked down the workers.

There is so much food waste that could be donated to help people instead of thrown away!

Overall it wasn't the job for me.
Family run business -- team based work culture.
Bakery position is fast paced production machine -- always next B1G1 sale on the horizon. This was a great job with flexibility for appointments. Management is excellent. Profit Sharing is a plus!
Toxic terrible place to work
Never feel appreciated.
Rude.

Unfairly treated

Too much work for little pay.

Only good thing about working here we’re customers and some of the staff.
Worst Company I have ever worked for
Management had no sympathy towards my home life, recently loosing my home, the company patronized me for crying at work before my shift had started. They gave me a chance to clean up but threatened my position in the process. I worked two more shifts smiling and laughing with customers, completing my work and helping my customers in anyway that I could. I had only ever been early for my job, always sought out other things to do well before my shift had started in order to help my colleagues and lighten their work as I enjoyed helping in anyway I could. I never called in sick, missed a day of work, and only had booked days off for necessary appointments like Therapy and Doctors. In a time of need, the management ignored my efforts and fired a student that they knew of their situation. I now have no job, and am currently couch surfing and lost the opportunity to find a home and become stronger, despite doing everything in my power to put on a smile and treat the customers as if I were happy to be there despite everything.
Cons
Careless, cruel, and horrible in situations when you need support
Sunripe sucks
Job duties include heavy lifting, cold temperatures and extra jobs as well as your own are expected.
Owners are all about their store and their money. There is no room for error or illness.

Not worth the extreme work load for the pay.
I like working for Sunripe. It has taught me so much. There needs to be more communication among management. Co-workers are great, makes the day that much better.
Cons
I wish we had vision for benefits pay more get less
Fun place to work
I learned all of my basic skills while working at sunripe. The management was very good in every department. Managers and boss were very fun and easy to talk to.
Pros
good food
Cons
not enough hours
fun workplace
its fun place to work , most of the time , the customers are wonderful and most staff is good, , my only issue is they are not accomidating to people who have young kids. for instance my shifts are from noon till 8 30 pm. and always working weekends.. day cares dont work past these hours , the boss wont allow people to take xmas vacations , even tho it gets slow right after xmas ,
Pros
great customers
Cons
not understanding bosses
nice small family business

fresh produce

friendly staff

flexible hours

caters to students
Pros
lunches - tasty
Cons
strenuous
Fun part time job
I enjoyed the staff and clients within this establishment. Learned how to to prep and cook a lot of different snacks and meals. It was very gratifying working in a fast paced and high demand environment. A tasty learning experience indeed.
Pros
The pastries
Cons
Pricy food
Typical day is to make the guest experience remarkable and want to come back.
My co-workers are great to work with, we form a wonderful team.
fun place to work
Amazing people to work with, generally fun, easy going atmosphere. The owners are great and generous. Long shifts and long hours, a lot of tasks for any position, keeps you busy. Amazing product though!
A little family
I believe Sunripe is a great first job for students in high school they give you around 15 hours a week. The store also closes early every night the lastest is 8 pm. Which means you can still focus on school and after school activites. The staff at Sunripe is very outgoing and caring towards the costumers. We are known to have the best fresh vegitables and fruits in Sarnia. I've learned a lot from my managers and different tasks I've completed in the past years. I love getting to work and everyone saying to me goodmorning, hey how's it going, etc.
Pros
Good service, good hours, good food, good location
Very friendly place
Sunripe is the place to work if you are fast paced, enjoy social activity, helping customers and have a positive attitude. the coworkers are very nice, and the owners are great!