Sunridge Place

Sunridge Place Employee Reviews

the hardest part of the job

The hardest part of the job, was watching our residents wait for their families, to come visit, Our residents would become upset and depressed, and more often it would be us the care aide that would comfort our residents.

Great place to work, good team members and attractive pay scale… The management is supportive and understanding. Any time available and approachable administrator/Site leader for both residents and employees.

Stressful and unappreciated.

The management team are not supportive. Staff are over worked due to staff shortages. Staff are not treated with respect by management. The residents deserve better care.

Pros

Residents are lovely

Cons

Poorly managed.

Poor management

CareCorp runs this facility. Poor operating systems, CareCorp will run this facility into the ground and take the Sunridge name with it.. Management are unappreciative

Very Rewarding Experience

Assisting Director of Operations with her tasks; communicating with nursing staff; hiring/dismissing; Scheduling; Office supply ordering and tracking; manual and electronic filing.

Pros

Rewarding experience

Cons

Stressful environment; ever changing

Busy place

Management is kind of poor for on call casual workers as i have dealt with it prior to be let go, for uncalled for reasons. Management should be able to work with staff even for those on call

Pros

Busy place

Cons

managemnt

They are the best companies to work for

The managers and Directors of care were so supportive. I worked with them for couple of months and needed to move on for growth and development. They are so awesome to work for.

Pros

Good teamwork, good managers, good DOC, and excellent residents.

Cons

Normal work stress

Not a good place to work

New owner only concerned about the bottom line - cash. Staff don’t matter to management - they are easily replaced and this is obvious when you work there. If you are a new graduate nurse, don’t expect management to help you, because they won’t. They will only speak with you, if something is not done right. Also, the pay rate is one of the lowest in the industry. It’s obvious where the cash is going here.......

Pros

Beautiful residents

Cons

Low pay, no support from management

long day

It was really good at 1st years. Then they take avanage of other. It started to get hard on other staff.I enjoy of all the old folk & talk with them was great people. Treated them like parent & respect them.

Pros

No free lunch.

Cons

long hrs if someone not so up . I do it for them.

Love the residents hate the management team

Love working at Sunridge other known as funridge! I only enjoy it because of the residents and my co workers. Other then that I hate working for Care Corp / Sunridge .

Pros

The residents can be amazing and the coworkers are awesome!

Cons

Low pay, no retirement fund, short staff a lot, management doesn't stick up for their employees

Great place to work where staff are treated well.

Duties as related to housekeeping, maintenance etc. Staff are friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part is the residents and staff. I've learned that if you need to know something just ask. I've learned that I truly enjoy that environment, helping residents and families etc. The management is very supportive, friendly and makes you feel good to be working there.

Pros

The environment, team work and a good feeling.

Cons

I would like a full time job/but distance is a challenge.

Great Place

My mom and sister have worked at sunrdge for 5 years i joiuned the team , my grandma also lives there. its a great place.ITs a busy job lots of work available, on call casual and I get 5-6 shifts a week. I get free lunch somtimes:)

Team environment, fun place

Very busy environment, tons of co workers to get to know. Management can be very attentive at times, will listen to problems when needed. Hardest part of my job has been finding a good routine with co workers, and the best part of my job has been making new friends, helping some wonderful people.

Pros

Team environment

Cons

Short staffed

it waas ok

Alot of drama Rude staff hardest part was getting to know people

enjoyed the residents and took great pride in my job.

No job security. Low morale among workers due to union involvement and change of ownership. Left for better job security and opportunities.

Pros

helping others

Cons

no comment

Great people to work with.

A typical day at work. You come on shift grab your pagers then go for report with the nurses that are leaving so that you have an idea of what happend during the shift before. Then Check on all of your residents. Once that is done go threw you charts to see what needs to be done, Bath's, Bowel care and to check on resident status/condition and find out any other important information. Depending on what shift you are working. If it is a day shift for example you start waking your residents and provide personal care as you assist them with there ADL's. You would do bowel care at this point if it is required and or baths.You are also responsable for folding and putting away laundry. serving the meals and feeding residents who are no longer able to do this for them selfs.With working at this facility I have learned how to organize my day as it is full one. The haredest part of this job would be having a redident passaway. You get attached to them as you take care of them for long periods of time.The most enjoyable part would be helping those who are volverable and unable to care for them selfs. In knowing that you have posativly impacted them and there health.

Pros

great enviroment

Cons

lack of staff / overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunridge Place. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement