Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Management reviews

Canada256 reviews
Friendly atmosphere. Would recommend this workplace to anyone. Management was very helpful with progressing my career. The workplace culture was very good.
Collaborative work environment, supportive management. The work is challenging and rewarding.

Best part is seeing the impact of my work within my community.
The information services division at Sunnybrook is not in good condition. The administration is bad, and they are very disorganized. The management is subpar.

The pay and benefits in the information services division are awful, as well.

Management needs to do a better job to improve the situation. Management in information services division are not that responsive though. Their ways are not working.
Schedule, taking phone calls and greet patients on a daily basis. I have learned to use computer, fax machine, scanners and multi-line telephone system. My time management has been so far very good, i learned to be flexible and use of my time wisely. Positive work culture exists. The hardest part of the job is when a patient's file is missing and the most enjoyable part is when everyone is part of the team whether your position is secretary or receptionist.
Pros
Free lunch on Admin Day
Cons
When surgeons cancel their clinic schedule
Look elsewhere for better opportunities. Very poor management and no recognition of your work. Expectations are lots. Staff also fight too much and management fuels the fire for their benefit. Environment is like divide and rule.
One of the best hospitals I've worked in. Labour and union laws are adhered to. Open door policy makes for easy communication.There's respect shown all around, it's like one big family.
needs to get rid of the current supervisor. most o the exceptional stuff all left. policies only apply when it suits management and management would openly lie to your face when it suits them. there is no accountability and integrity coming from management.
Management is good. Some days are hard and some are good.
Some people are very harsh

Hardworking job

learned a lot about everything

my co-workers very cooperative
A tough organization to advance especially if you a person that is a visible minority. Management seems to be looking for employees that go along with their ideas and not looking for new ideas and fresh minds.
Sunnybrook has offered me an amazing opportunity to travel to remote areas and work with vulnerable persons; to utilize my skills in unique situations. The management is amazing and I am well paid for my clinical skills in comparison to other workplaces.
Pros
Free Accommodations, Free Food, paid training
Cons
Long hours, unpaid travel time
Managements are so supportive, motivational and caring. Team work, Work life balance and overall culture make this work place one of the best company in Canada.
It's a great hospital, but avoid working in the Health Records Department. Micromanaging. You will feel belittled. There is no appreciation for employees there whatsoever.
Employees are treated to bbq time in Summer. Respect and courtesy in practiced in the institute. There is room for improvement. Flexible hours is available.
I worked as a PAA in Sunnybrook EMRG and while the job itself wasn't my intended career, it was perfect for my needs. Great staff around you, great work environment, and really good pay, especially for entry-level. If you're serious about staying with the company, moving up and having a decent pension, it's all doable. I can't speak much more than that towards the company as I worked there during university to pay the bills, and for that, it was perfect. However, lots of employees were there for the long-haul and management and staff were supportive of their needs and lifestyles in terms of hours and pay increase.
Excellent Management, great work-life balance,
accommodating, helping, great teams to work with. New opportunities to learn new things. Great salary and benefits
Working at Sunnybrook Hospital is an awesome experience. The staff are friendly and cooperative. Management is there for you when you need them. Hours of work are also very convenient.
Over worked with no time to sit down. Its a go go environment. Turn over rate is very high. They demand you to work as a casual employee, and if you refuse they show frustration on the phone. Not worth working here.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
managment, hours, over worked, stressfull
I learned a lot through my training at Sunnybrook but the management system wasn't all that great. I find that this hospital gets rid of staff members every year in order to higher new people, but they never give staff a reason they scold us and tell us that we've did a bad job and fire staff.
Pros
Benefits were great
Cons
Management and policy rules are never followed.
I worked in the pharmacy department. People were very stuck up and uninviting. They bullied me daily and my contract was not renewed due to me having to take a sick leave due to my mental health. This place ran me into the ground. I would never go back. I rather take a pay cut.
Pros
Free learning
Cons
Unprofessional co workers
Everyone is miserable working there. I was bullied by coworkers and the doctors told me that I don't matter and they take priority over me. Psychiatric department is a nightmare to work for. They overwork you and underpay you. I do not recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
Overworked underpaid and location with Metrolink and construction is a nightmare to get to
Because of my title and my studies, there were a lot of politics to deal with. Department head was intimated by me, but I was never ambitious. If i had to do it again, I should have gone to human resource dept to sort my predicament out. I was told that i was an excellent worker by all people.
Pros
Can keep myself very busy
Cons
Keeping too busy to help and relort to my director
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. Our community is ready to answer.