Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

good
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON17 January 2019
ok, busy, good place to be,it was good while I was there..getting there was a bit of a hike for me, I live in Mississauga, that was the biggest challenge for me although I always home on time and seldom late
Productive work place
Reference Librarian (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2019
Good place to build a career. Friendly environment and peer support.
Pay rate is good considering the position of the employees but the progress rate is very small.
Pros
Excellend benefits
Cons
Stagnated at times
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2018
I did one of my clinical rotations at this hospital as a student and it will always be one of the best opportunities I've had. I've learned a lot work the staff.
An institution for care and learning
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2018
Some of the most promising work in the healthcare field is done here amongst passionate and knowledgeable staff operating at every level. Campus-like atmosphere only elevates the work environment befitting a place that not only values how to take care of its patients but to do it better every time.
Productive working environment with great coworkers that help make even the busiest of days enjoyable.
Executive Assistant to VP Finance & CFO (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Great place to work with some amazing people dependent on department you work in. A focus on allowing staff to balance work and personal life. Competitive salary rates, excellent benefits, pension and education opportunities. Opportunities for advancement but in some roles this is limited.
Sunnybrook
RPN /GU TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2018
Work atmosphere is wonderful however with a casual position comes financial instability . I am however proud to work in a place where there is magnificent health care professionals, research and ground breaking health care advancement being made
Hugh part of the Sunnybrook family working enviroment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  2075 BayviewAve9 October 2018
I had an excellent experience working contract at SBH,really hope to be back soon, worked independtly from day on ,but had to produce ,time management is essentional , met a lot of great people and who I still sty intouch with , they really do take care of you when you are employed at SBH.
Pros
Flexable working enviroment, very easy going.professional
Clinic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
Sunnybrook Hospital is a great place for learning and growing. They are always looking for new and innovative approaches to healthcare, and it's amazing to watch.
Sunnybrook
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2018
Exceptional healthcare, exceptional clinical teams. I really enjoy working for Sunnybrook, it means a great deal to me to be a part of an organization who strives for excellence.
Great place to learn new skills
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 July 2018
This is a great place to learn new skills and positions. Working closely with seasoned employees helps understanding and completing tasks quicker and easier.
No complaints. A good place to be.
Trust Accountant/Compensation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2018
Friendly people and good culture. Casual dress. Good pension. Location is a bit isolated and traffic on Bayview can be murder but otherwise no complaints.
Great place to work at!
Filing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2018
The day goes by fast as there is a lot of work . I learned to work under pressure as sometimes the Doctors needed the slides and blocks urgently and I would have to provide it to them in a timely manner. The co-workers are very nice to work with. It is a pleasure going to work every day. I love interacting with people and am always cheerful and happy.
Pros
Free lunches on important occassions
Cons
Very long commute
Excellent place to work.
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada4 June 2018
A very academic institution with highly competent employees. Employees are treated with respect and ensuring in going learning for employees was mandatory and provided within the working environment. This ensured employees provided optimal and up to date level of care for patients.
if you work here you will learn a lot of stuff
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2018
working at Sunnybrook offers a wide variety of experiences, i am an unpaid Co-op student but regardless the work is very rewarding and at the end of the day you will learn a whole lot.
Safe work place
PSW (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2018
My day starts with checking in with TL for priorities regarding the patients and staff.
Check NPO status
Daily weight
Serving the meals
Stacking the supplies
Assist the nurses with the patient care
Workplace is a multi culture place very interesting and fun.
The hardest part is to see how illness doesn't recognize age.
I'm very happy to work in this environment.
Pros
Safe evironment
Cons
Don't like the schedule tun over
Productive and Clean Environment
Wheelchair Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
The people who worked there were very friendly and welcoming everyday I went to work. Additionally, the building was extremely well organized and clean. There was always work to be done and veterans who required moving from place to place on their wheelchairs. The hardest part of moving elderly citizens around was being careful with them and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Slightly boring but nonetheless productive work
Management was tough
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
Work was fine, perks were alright, but management highly micro-managed work which seemed to stem from lack of trust which created for a very watchful and hostile environment at times.
Great place to work and to learn
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
There are excellent opportunities to come to grips with real healthcare and business problems, although the organization is immature in terms of IT practices. There are areas of excellence but projects move slowly and cautiously. A great place to develop talents and understand Health Informatics, but not a great place to learn best practices.
Pros
Opportunities to learn, great benefits, respect and accommodation of diversity and disability
Cons
Lack of feedback, uncertainty.
A good working environment and enthusiastic co-workers
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
Volunteered for more than 11 months in this reputed and well-organised hospital. Interacted with patients and administrative staff and helped them in providing quality healthcare.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
Excellent place to work. Great environment, culture, and people. Promotes learning, autonomy.
But after you reach the top of the pay scale, there is no option for a pay raise
Pros
Promotes learning
Cons
Low salary