Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

Canada256 reviews
Friendly atmosphere. Would recommend this workplace to anyone. Management was very helpful with progressing my career. The workplace culture was very good.
Collaborative work environment, supportive management. The work is challenging and rewarding.

Best part is seeing the impact of my work within my community.
The information services division at Sunnybrook is not in good condition. The administration is bad, and they are very disorganized. The management is subpar.

The pay and benefits in the information services division are awful, as well.

Management needs to do a better job to improve the situation. Management in information services division are not that responsive though. Their ways are not working.
My manager for some unknown reason treated myself with an indignant manner upon my return from a granted leave he endorsed. It was highly suspicious his treatment given before my leave we had a very amicable relationship.
Schedule, taking phone calls and greet patients on a daily basis. I have learned to use computer, fax machine, scanners and multi-line telephone system. My time management has been so far very good, i learned to be flexible and use of my time wisely. Positive work culture exists. The hardest part of the job is when a patient's file is missing and the most enjoyable part is when everyone is part of the team whether your position is secretary or receptionist.
Pros
Free lunch on Admin Day
Cons
When surgeons cancel their clinic schedule
I worked as a patient observer in the summer. I am actually a nursing student so this was good experience. Minimum wage pay but ok since most of the time you are sitting on the chair doing nothing. But some days can be harder than others such as when you have to sit in isolation and when the pt is difficult. Every day is different. Benefits, unionized, and HOOP pension
I have worked with one of the most fantastic teams at Sunnybrook. I would strongly recommend this workplace to anyone. I would have never left this place but I got a very good career opportunity.
Pros
Respectable and relaxed working environment
Cons
Remote working is not encouraged
Look elsewhere for better opportunities. Very poor management and no recognition of your work. Expectations are lots. Staff also fight too much and management fuels the fire for their benefit. Environment is like divide and rule.
Working at Sunnybrook in the summer is like working in a park. They also have excellent food services at the hospital along with biweekly courtyard BBQ!
Pros
Nice environment
Fast paced, challenging work environment but allows for close collaboration with members of the interdisciplinary team. Not a lot of flexibility with hours so some difficulty with work-life balance but rewarding place to work
One of the best hospitals I've worked in. Labour and union laws are adhered to. Open door policy makes for easy communication.There's respect shown all around, it's like one big family.
Busy environment with great people doing really fantastic work. Highly recommend. Many departments within the hospital provides the opportunity to try a new role if you outgrow your old one.
Pros
Busy and fast paced environment
Cons
Location. There's no good time to be travelling on Bayview.
needs to get rid of the current supervisor. most o the exceptional stuff all left. policies only apply when it suits management and management would openly lie to your face when it suits them. there is no accountability and integrity coming from management.
I did my internship at Sunnybrook and had an excellent experience. The team I worked with was super supportive and helped me grow as an individual. Highly recommend.
Management is good. Some days are hard and some are good.
Some people are very harsh

Hardworking job

learned a lot about everything

my co-workers very cooperative
A tough organization to advance especially if you a person that is a visible minority. Management seems to be looking for employees that go along with their ideas and not looking for new ideas and fresh minds.
Everyday was fun, work was never boring. The pace was good, people were helpful. You met really amazing people who had rough times, but you could make a difference.
It is a great organization to work with. As the staff is very good. The hospital is known for it's a peaceful and good environment. It ensures minimal waiting time for its patients and ensures good health.
Great place to work with a good workplace culture. Fast paced environment that requires a great deal of focus and organization in order to meet tight deadlines.
Day supervisors i deal with are amazing and always willing to answer any questions you may have, lots of walking, bending and some heavy lifting. You must be fast and be able to work with others. You day goes by quickly because there is always work to be done.
It's a place that people like to work. It's got a great working environment that is supportive and allows for personal growth. Many opportunities to explore other career options.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. Our community is ready to answer.