Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sunnybrook is a good opportunity to gain more knowledge in medical profession
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2018
My day at work are flexible
Connect with patients
Good supervisors
Most of our patient are kind .
I enjoy working in Sunnybrook
I like to serve patients.
Fun
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2018
Very fun place to work people are very nice and competent. Would recommend for all types of jobs including part time and volunteering. Great experience
just don't get sick
RN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2018
A very corporate, business focused hospital. As long as you work hard and don't get sick, you will be fine. If you get sick and need Occ.Health assistance, good luck. Very elitist and clique hospital work culture.
Pros
Well respected hospital
Cons
Lack of empathy for employees
Friendly but repetitive.
Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
The people were great, but the work was slightly dull - very repetitive. Most of the work focused on cleaning everything used after each patient, but I did rotations as a secretary filling patient intake forms as well as helping to organize and advertise the an Ambulatory Care Conference.
Flexible, Understanding, Helpful
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
My time at Sunnybrook was to complete a thesis for my undergraduate in Medical Physics. It was research for reducing heart dose when giving radiation to patients with breast cancer. The whole radiation therapist team at Sunnybrook were really helpful in showing me how to sue various programs and acquire the data I needed. My supervisor was willing to teach me but also gave me the freedom to explore and learn for myself.
Co-op Volunteer/ Biomedical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2016
The coworkers were very helpful towards students. They taught me many of the basic skills that I was lacking with no signs of annoyance.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally
Cons
A lot of walking
Excelent employer
Staff Registered Nurse-Casual (Current Employee) –  Critical Care Unit20 May 2016
I work in Sunnybrook Hospital as a casual RN. Always encouraged and supported to learn and grow professionally. Staff and management is respectful. My nursing knowledge gained in Sunnybrook Hospital helped me become better echosonographer .
interactive, patient and family oriented service for people, supportive management
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2013
I did my placement here in Sunny Brook in a medical/surgical unit. It is a different unit I must say because clients here do not stay for long. They only stay for couple of day. I really enjoy interacting with patients and family before they go to there surgery. I have learned to much on how they prepare theirselves prior to surgery. I also get to learn on how to interact with physicians and surgeons. I also got the chance to do some health teaching for the clients and their families before and after surgery.

The staff and management in the unit where I was assigned where very professional. They helped me grew as a nursing student. They helped me prepare on how to be a real nurse.

The hardest part of being in a surgical unit was that it needs lots of expertise.

I enjoy being with a multi-cultural environment and strong dynamic of professional people not only nurses but also the entire health care team.
Pros
multicultural, dynamic unit with so many information I learned from different fields of health care
Cons
limited time to learn many things about the surgical unit
On-going learning
REHABILITATION AIDE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2013
What I enjoyed most about this job was the opportunity to be continuaally learning new things, Every job can be improved and I always try to find ways to improve the outcomes of any job that I undertake.