Sunny Foodmart logo
Sunny Foodmart

Sunny Foodmart Employee Reviews

Its an okay

It's an okay place to work. Some staff don't speak English so it's more work for those who do. There is an expectation for the staff to get the job done even though staff there is limited, students who work there and some supplies aren't even available. Depends on the department you get really determines if you are going to enjoy your shift with your manager.

Pros

Free soup( not that good ), nice staff, staff discount

Cons

Under staff, used, and schedule changes

Great

Great place to work, friendly, clean. Good breaks and nice staff and managers. Flexible shifts, no pressure to constantly be working at your hardest. All in all, good.

Cashier

Handling all cash and credit card transaction in department store environment. Balanced cash draw at close of shift. Frequently closed store and secured building. Working on customer services.

Pros

Pay 20 dollar extra on pay check on chinese new year

Cons

There is no break on work

Grocery Clerk

I worked at Sunny's Foodmart for about 2 years. The staff is knowledgeable about product, but did not respect their workers at the time being there...

Grocery store

I made the experience of working here the best I could for myself. It was not the easiest place to work but I would say it had to do with a language barrier. I worked for a company that employed many foreigners, so there were times we did not agree on much. We tried we the best we could but at the end of the day we were there to please the customers that walked, and we did exactly that. Customers loved shopping at the grocery store, from our customer service to the prices. We made sure it was a great over all place to shop at.

Simple guidelines and rules to go by making it a simple place to work in.

A typical day at work was quite simple and repetitive. Get in and the routine was the same. Change, clock in, do your job, etc. They never asked me to do what wasn't my job. They were well staffed and usually things ran smoothly.

Pros

Free lunches

An interesting work place in there.

I can met different people on my working time, solving many troubles, such as customs complaint, change goods prices, and so on.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Horrible place to work at

Literally no job security, if you're Chinese or work really hard your safe at Sunny Foodmart, other than that, you can lose your job in an instant. I've been here for almost 2 year working hard and I still cant get a raise, that's why I know I deserve better as a student and am currently looking for something better where I can work and go to school comfortably.

Pros

none...

Cons

long hours, weekends mandatory, no job security

Jobs at Sunny Foodmart