Sunny Foodmart Employee Reviews

Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2018
Great place to work, friendly, clean. Good breaks and nice staff and managers. Flexible shifts, no pressure to constantly be working at your hardest. All in all, good.
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 April 2018
Handling all cash and credit card transaction in department store environment. Balanced cash draw at close of shift. Frequently closed store and secured building. Working on customer services.
Pros
Pay 20 dollar extra on pay check on chinese new year
Cons
There is no break on work
Grocery Clerk
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
I worked at Sunny's Foodmart for about 2 years. The staff is knowledgeable about product, but did not respect their workers at the time being there...
Grocery store
Customer Service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
I made the experience of working here the best I could for myself. It was not the easiest place to work but I would say it had to do with a language barrier. I worked for a company that employed many foreigners, so there were times we did not agree on much. We tried we the best we could but at the end of the day we were there to please the customers that walked, and we did exactly that. Customers loved shopping at the grocery store, from our customer service to the prices. We made sure it was a great over all place to shop at.
Simple guidelines and rules to go by making it a simple place to work in.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2016
A typical day at work was quite simple and repetitive. Get in and the routine was the same. Change, clock in, do your job, etc. They never asked me to do what wasn't my job. They were well staffed and usually things ran smoothly.
Pros
Free lunches
An interesting work place in there.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 September 2015
I can met different people on my working time, solving many troubles, such as customs complaint, change goods prices, and so on.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Horrible place to work at
Produce/Fruit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke21 October 2014
Literally no job security, if you're Chinese or work really hard your safe at Sunny Foodmart, other than that, you can lose your job in an instant. I've been here for almost 2 year working hard and I still cant get a raise, that's why I know I deserve better as a student and am currently looking for something better where I can work and go to school comfortably.
Pros
none...
Cons
long hours, weekends mandatory, no job security