Sunglass Hut Employee Reviews

Found 82 reviews matching the search See all 1,327 reviews
productive and fun and interactive work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 August 2019
My day started with counting inventory and ensuring we are properly stocked for the day. I learned how to multi-task in a very overwhelming environment. I had overwhelming moments which I would describe as the hardest part of the job when people tried to steal from Sun Glass Hut. It was up to the employees to prevent this from happening and because -believe it or not- a lot of people actually try to steal fashion sunglasses however with the help of my team mates and security in the mall I was able to prevent this situations.
The workplace culture and environment was amazing. I truly loved going to work every day, especially when we received new exclusive products and we got to try them on before they hit the floor. Fun stuff!

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was connecting with people and building relationships. Through the 3 years I was there I built quite a few long term relationships that I still have to this day and I am regretful that I was able to encounter such amazing people thanks to working at Sunglass Hut.
Pros
Seeing products before it hits the floor.
Cons
Not being able to hold the product for longer than 1 day. But this was understandable.
Sunglass Hut is a professional and fun place to work!
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 August 2019
At sunglass hut they take pride in their brands and quality of their products along with a fun and upbeat atmosphere. Take your selling skills up a notch with their one on one coaching and customer service approach!
Sales job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2019
Expectations are too high for minimum wage. Not very much incentive for workers to go above and beyond. Management team will make or break you, currently breaking me.
Pros
Discount on sunglasses
Cons
Single coverage shifts mostly
Wonderful workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2019
The job is wonderful and an energetic place to be in. management at sunglass hut is so much more than I could ask for, they do everything in their power to make sure you're up to par. The easiest part of my job is talking to the customers and making sales, the hardest part is product knowledge since we do get a bunch of different types of glasses in all sorts of shapes and colours so you really have to be on your toes when it comes down to that, especially since customers love to ask questions about a product they are going to potentially buy.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Not enough weekly hours sometimes.
Great place to work!
Sales Supervisor/Visual Lead (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON8 July 2019
Retail is always tough, but the management team makes it worth it. Sunglass Hut is a fun place to work, and always positive energy in the store.
Pros
amazing discounts
Cons
shift work
ok casual part time job
Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 June 2019
Worked here part time and they never had enough hours. Only hours for the management positions. No guaranteed hours. They do have great perks and employee discounts.
Pros
great employee perks and discounts
Cons
no guaranteed hours
Good Work Ethic and Experiences
Associate (Current Employee) –  Innisfil, ON21 June 2019
I have worked just over a year with this company and have loved it would recommend as a great place to work and the experience is great. Easy and fun at the most
productive and fun workplace with a nice team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  100 anderson rd Calgary, AB17 June 2019
productive and fun workplace with a nice team. They have different nationality so it's really nice to know everyone's culture. The way they train people are pretty cool.
fun and trendy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 May 2019
great way to get into commission sales if you have never done it before. Luxottica is a huge company so there is lots of room to advance if youre looking for that.
Grew alot while I was there
Multi Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON15 April 2019
Overall had a great experience at Sunglass Hut for most of my years there. Toward the end we were bought by another company and the transition was not handled professionally or properly and as a result many great people left.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2019
Great people to work with, very supportive of each other in an office environment.

Gained a lot of experience from this large global retailer. Management is very supportive & flexible if time off is needed.

Consistent pressure to perform at the field/store level to deliver financial goals due to company high expectations.
Pros
good benefits, free eyewear, contests
Cons
consistent pressure to achieve sales results
No hours and rude management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2019
When they say casual, they literally mean 4-8 hours a week. So unless you need a sturdy job, this is horrible. And the management could care less about you as long as you make sales.
Single coverage, unable to take proper lunch, break.
Management (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 April 2019
Working alone for 8 hours at a time, unable to take any breaks, lunch, go to the washroom. If your not your DM's pet, you'll be constantly harrassed to do more. If you ask for help, your told to figure it out.
Pros
Free pair of glasses a year.
Cons
Long hours/unrealistic expectations
Empresa extremamente agradável de trabalhar.
Vendedora (Former Employee) –  British Columbia26 March 2019
Execução impecável de todas as políticas e procedimentos operacionais, mantendo a excelência dos padrões de marketing da marca.
Great Company
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB11 February 2019
Probably the best company I have worked for. Great friendly upper management. Excellent work environment. Benefits are excellent. I would go back to work for them in a heartbeat if I had to.

You can't go wrong working for this company.
Pros
Benefits (Full time), work life balance, yearly bonus (in the form of a free pair of sunglasses)
Cons
Managers sometimes work shifts alone
My favourite job yet
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC23 January 2019
If you don't like the idea of constantly watching out for theft this job isn't for you. It can be stressful, especially when you are alone on shift. That was, however, my only gripe with this job (and its what you should expect from luxury retail).
The management was great and I loved the people I worked with. It was slow at time, but that made more room to strengthen bonds with other co-workers. If you had school work to be doing you could also take some time to work on that.
Sometimes the goals could be set a little high, but with the right manager that isn't too worrying.Most of the time our focus was on maintaining a cheerful atmosphere in the store, which helped increase sales anyway.
Pros
Culture, co-workers
Cons
Theft
okay
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
good place to have a starting career, policies are sometimes un realistic and what is expected of you is very high, but nice place to learn how to sell
The team makes the job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2018
Typical work day is selling sunglasses to customers.
Learned how to deal with multiple different types of people, how to resolve issues, and manage a team.
The culture is so close to having it right, but management just stops caring after a while.
If you enjoy meeting goals and capitalistic nonsense its perfect.
I enjoyed the people I worked with. On the flip there were also very difficult people to work with.
Pros
Free shades
Cons
They expect too much
Great staff and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eaton Centre24 November 2018
Working at Sunglass Hut taught me how to listen to what a customers want and needs and how to help them as best I can. It was exciting to meet new people on a daily basis and share product knowledge. I also learned the importance of treating each customer with respect to ensure their satisfaction. This plays a huge role in brand loyalty.
Pros
Energetic environment
Work hard for them and they'll work hard for you
Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
I loved it with Luxottica Retail! The expectation was excellence in all things but they provided that too along with support to ensure the expectation was met. I had a fantastic boss and even in a business of thousands of people I was known by the CFO and VP for all of North America. It was like working for a small business packaged into a huge corporation, they care about their people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunglass Hut. Our community is ready to answer.