Suncor

Suncor Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer12 reviews
Canada12 reviews

great work environment

Great work environment. Face paced with lots of knowledgeable staff. Management always willing to go the extra mile to helpo there staff when needed, Highly recommend for place of employment

Good

The work there within suncor was good. I personally never have any problems while being any employee within the suncor site. I would recommend anyone to try it out.

Insights into Suncor

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Contractor

Suncor has amazing staff and treats contractors right. Shift work is obviously expected but it's nice to have extended periods of time off. It feels good knowing that safety is the number one priority. You will NEVER be forced to something you are not comfortable with.

productive always interesting, never tedious

No day was a typical work day. You were assigned a position in accordance with your skillset. The job changed as the lengthof each job varied. There was never any room for complacency.

Pros

interaction with various occupations on site

Cons

sometimes long periods in cramped conditions

Great experience

Although I was currently not doing any Linework, Suncor went above and beyond when it came to safety and I learned a lot while working on site. This was the first oilsand site I went to and they helped me through getting used to the new environment.

good money

lots of overtime good money great people very flexible with hours as well as some travelling overall great job. all outdoors

Pros

work outdoors in summer

Cons

work outdoors in winter

Great work environment

Suncor provided me with all kinds of opportunities. The management was great and so were the people. The pay and the benefits were some of the best that I have ever seen.

all amenities on site

working backshift was busy but with all required tools available for use made job easy. Morale was good team worked well to accomplish employers expectations

Pros

all required was available

Cons

being so far away from family

Early experience

Great company; however it is not the field I work in today, but I gained some good experience by working for this company first starting out in the workforce.

hard

had to work outdoors alot, great co-workers, boss was pretty laid back, hard working team. Must have a winning attitude and network to get far in this industry.

Pros

pay

Cons

environment

very productive

fun working nice people and good to work with helped to get me courses and the busing to and from work was really good and the hours were good

fun workplace

as long as you work smart and safe it can be a nice place to work great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement