Suncor

Suncor Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant13 reviews
Canada13 reviews

mcmurraysafetyoilcalgaryfortcampcontractorsite

I loved working here. You really feel like part of the team. Employees are treated very well. Leaders are really supportive of where you want to go with your career and in the company.

Stressful

Extremely stressful. Tons of favoritism. Suncor keeps saying people first, but I disagree. Whenever issues arise, they are just swept under the carpet and not dealt with. So many great people have left in the past couple of years due to all of the issues. If you drink the Kool-Aid, you will be fine.

Insights into Suncor

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Suncor fostered a culture of fear and intimidation to get work done

Suncor was a horrible place to work. Employees were terrified they would get fired and it was reflected in meetings where people were afraid to express themselves. Working 12 hour days was common. Office equipment and IT equipment was old and problems with laptops etc was an every day occurrence. You’d get yelled at frequently depending on how low on the totem pole you were, people were rude and there was no “team” spirit whatsoever. Worst experience of my life

Pros

Building downtown was convenient

Cons

Long hours. Horrible culture. Cheap. Zero mentorship and no room for supported learning.

I was hired as a contract. My aunt who recommended me was leaving for vacation and she had her superiors to allow me to interview for the position. When I got the position I was excited to be working for a big oil and gas company. I learned how to conduct professorially, was able to grasp a fast-paced work environment. I was administrative assistant so a typical day at work was answering phone calls, delivering mail, filing, cleaning up the workspace. The hardest part of the job was managing different tasks and how to get them done in a certain order, most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly co-workers I encountered there and the pay was nice as well.

Pros

Lunches, friendly co-workers

Cons

Commute was long and early in the morning.

Work Place

Overall my experience at Indeed was mostly very positive. I learned enough to launch a sales career having no experience coming in, the "culture"'/benefits/perks were unbeatable. I really enjoyed the actual day to day of what I did at Suncor.

Pros

Excellent place to work

Cons

Temp Job

Excellent employer!

Absolutely the best, most professional well-educated employer /collegues i've ever had and I miss Suncor and my work-life there very much ... i was involuntary retired due to restructuring.

Pros

Best employer in the country, hands down!

Cons

Great company to work for

Suncor is a great company. They treat their employees well, great benefit programs, employee recognition. Safety and workplace culture was held to a high standard. I loved the people and environment in which I worked in.

Awesome group of people to work for.

Management supports you and works hard to ensure that the department is functioning to its optimum. A person is fully trained and knowledgeable from various aspects of the position they are hired for.

Pros

Great teamwork

Cons

Downsizing of many administrative positions

I loved everything about working at Suncor Energy.

A typical day at work would start off by checking and replying to e-mails and phone messages. Going over my agenda on what needed to be done that day. I would do inventory reconciliations, journal entries, and month end balancing, etc. Everyone at Suncor was great management and co-workers were very easy to get a lot with.

Shift Clerk

I enjoyed my job as shift clerk with Suncor. I worked 6 days off for 6. 12 hour shifts. I worked with two different shifts and 60 supervisors, 15 managers.

Supportive team to work with

I learned how to really enjoy working in a team setting. The people are what make a company. When there is great Management people want to go above and beyond because they feel appreciated. I enjoyed all the activities and benefits offered for team building each year. Overall great company to work for.

Pros

Great people with lots of opportunity

Cons

Each business unit can be completely different

Excellant place to work good experience and great bunch of co workers

I enjoyed working with Suncor and would still be there but, I decided to move to New Brunswick. The Suncor Manager was very understanding but dis appointed to hear I was moving.

Busy Office Environment

Suncor is a busy workplace, with a numbers of activities going on at once. There is only limited advancement opporunities. However, the salary and benefits are good if your staff.

Pros

flexible schedules

Cons

minimal advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement