Suncor Employee Reviews

Long hours, no support from management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2018
Would come in at 7am, work until lunch; take a quick break and work until 4. Went home, had dinner, logged in from home and continued to work until 10-11pm. Was always told I wasn't getting my job done even though I worked crazy hours of unpaid overtime.
Great work life balance and shift work. Excellent team culture
Maintenance Business Support Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Firebag Fort McMurray Alberta14 August 2018
A typical day would be 14 hours with daily team meetings to review work tasks with employees, daily Management meetings, running daily reports and reviewing status of work completed by the team. Verifying daily timesheets and sending reports to the contractors. Troubleshooting issues with other departments when applicable. Since this was a new admin team we were eager to accept new tasks, so we were continually learning new scopes of work and collaborating with difference departments. Workplace culture was a family environment because we all worked in camp for 14 days and also socialize with our team players after work. The most difficult part of the job would be communicating a weak job performance to an employee or having to fire an employee. Most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with other departments and learning new tasks.
Pros
Great salary and benefits, excellent team members easy to work with them
Cons
Long shift 14 days - also flew across Canada after shift was over
Large company with lots of room for advancement
E & I Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB11 August 2018
Salary is fairly good. Benefits are quite good. Bonus structure is really good, especially once you move up. Many different options for advancement. There are good managers and bad managers, but if you get a bad one, hopefully you can find another position. Work is not very technical and can be a little boring.
Pros
Great bonuses
Cons
Boring work
Amazing coworkers and great job
Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 August 2018
I loved working here for my rap program I got to learn many things and got my first year mechanics through suncor I loved the 6 on 6 off and enjoyed everyday I was there
Pros
The coworkers
Cons
Bussing
Very good employee freindly an d employee suportive company
Cost Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2018
One of the best company in Canada. Good professional management company. Lot of benefits, good working time, Good camp facility. I love to work more years in Suncor
Pros
Free camp
DMS Coordinator, with diversified experinece
DMS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2018
Results-oriented DMS Coordinator with diversified experience in high-pressure, time sensitive positions. Recognized for uniqueness in developing processes in start-ups and ensuring optimal delivery of services and documentation processes in Oil & Gas projects.
A good place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2018
This review is based on being a CGI consultant working at Suncor. The rating above is for CGI not Suncor. CGI is a good place to work, benefits aren't great, but acceptable. Good work/life balance.
Great place for a summer student
Credit Risk Analyst Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2018
This is a large company with good benefits and lots of opportunities for summer students. Great management and work life balance. Would recommend a role here.
Great Place to work
Unit Leader I deal (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 July 2018
Great place to work with plenty of advancement. Family orientated work atmosphere would recommend to any one looking for a rewarding career. Co workers are great.
Safe place to earn and learn.
Construction Coordinator / Project lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 July 2018
My personal belief is that Suncor's commitment to safety is what makes it an attractive place to work. Working safely is not only a persons right but is contingent on continued employment on Suncor sites.

It can be a fast paced environment but stymied at times due to work permits being delayed and or plant upsets which you quickly learn that it is simply part of the environment.
Suncor offers and encourages employees take advantage of the opportunity to learn and grow while gainfully employed, not only as a professional but individual also.
The multi-cultural work force ensures you will have an opportunity to learn about other countries and their cultures.

All in all a great place to work and learn, if you receive an opportunity to work at Suncor, take it.
Pros
Terrific savings plan matched to 10%.
Cons
Change is a constient.
Looking to return to similar work enviroment
Assistant Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 July 2018
Many years construction/electrical management experience to bring to right company. Willing to travel within Canada or overseas if the right opportunity arises.
Good Company. Looks out for their own.
Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 June 2018
I worked in the training department. There was always lots to do. I learned a lot about patience and accuracy in recording information for documentation.
Firebag is a large mine site and during shutdown - so many people to organize training for within a short time usually only 4 days to train all the contractors that would be working for the very short duration of a shutdown.
Marketing Communications Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 May 2018
A typical day at suncor involved me going into work and sitting down at my desk greeted by the friendly faces of my co-workers. I really enjoyed my work term at Suncor it was an enriching experience.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Distance from where I lived
Greate Company to Work for
Credit Risk Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a long lasting and opportunity company. for the short time I spent there they were professional.
Pros
Located Downtown
Cons
Can't think of any
Great
Project Controls Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2018
Good typical day at work
Lots of learning and opportunities to improve
good management
easy job lots of potential to grow
great exposure to the industry
volunteer work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2018
I worked for the company's christmas children parties twice so there is not much to say other than that it helped me learn how to interact with children and the parents, help out in the games and activities.
Enjoyable job with room to advance
Heavy Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 May 2018
Typical day was operating safely in the oil sands by completing your computer assigned loads and requests. I learned how to operate the world's largest dump trucks in the most extreme weather conditions-kept you on your toes! Training was provided and management was positive in providing support to improve the safety environment for employees. The hardest part of the job was when your truck broke down and you had to wait for another truck to come up--this seldom happened. My regret is quitting my job!!!
Pros
Best paycheck !
Safety First Culture, reliable operations
GROUND TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 May 2018
Suncor is an excellent workplace. Salaries are lucrative, benefits are top notch and the work is ever expanding.

An honest focus on Operational Discipline, Safety and financial security.
Pros
Lucrative, Plenty of Downtime
Cons
Industrial Setting, remote work
Good Employer
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 May 2018
good place to work, fun working environment, supportive team, safety is the first, I have learned a lot hope I can work for it again in the near future.
Big company with opportunity if you want it.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 May 2018
Good management, good technical process of work and staff will do its best to implement company standards by prioritizing safety is at top priority. Will Support families by conducting family day with safe administration and management, good process of work and HR staff are very co-operative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncor. Our community is ready to answer.