Suncor
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Suncor Employee Reviews

Canada727 reviews
Good workplace with limited job security
Overall, good place to work. Nice atmosphere, good people, very collaborative environment. Good management.
Hard to promote good ideas

Often changing their org. structure
A large company sometimes makes it more difficult to get decisions made.
I am grateful for me opportunity to work and learn with and from many very knowledgeable people and have my eyes opened to the corporate world and how it all works.
Manipulative bureaucracy
You are a number and nothing more. Any wage , benefit or perk you have when you start can be removed or cut back at anytime with no notice. Changes can be made to your work scope , hours of work or work location with no discussion or negotiation. I worked for them on and off for about 20 years and things have steadily gone down hill for employees
Suncor review
Blessed to love the life I have and Suncor was a big part of that. I learned a lot and broadened my skills.
I worked for the company for over ten years. With a 6 days on 6 days off schedule.
Great place to work for
It's always great to work for Suncor. Good work life balance, friendly people, exciting work, good learning opportunities, good carrier growth opportunities
Good summer job
I worked for Suncor as a summer student operator. overall a good experience.

Pros:

-Lots of freedom to learn

-The Suncor staff were very friendly

-A couple operators were great

Cons:

-Nepotism - pretty much sums up Suncor

-Environment - Garbage and hydrocarbon stains are everywhere, the operators just throw their ear plug wrappers on the ground.

If operators ever wonder why engineers treat them poorly, here is my first experience with an operator. My direct field supervisor (Obese union operator) in charge of my safety wouldn't even shake my hand upon introduction (yes, he left me hanging in a room full of people) and he couldn't even be bother learn my name.
A company full of caring people
Suncor is a great place to work. Leaders generally care about their team. Senior leaders sincerely care about Suncor employees. Operational Excellence is a focus, but is not more important than Safety. If you have the opportunity, you should work here as an employee.
productive
Good working environment
Good management, safety and Supervision Team

Friendly Environment, collaboration and a lot competitive

Clean site to work in
Do it right and safely
Suncor has reasonable budget, key is to do it right and safely. It is a very competitive environment with respect and integrity, and we implement new scope or change online and it has to fully understand the impact on every single change made online.
Pros
Respect and integrity
Everyday is new
lot projects going on, you learn pretty much every day.
flexible working hours, good pay, good people to work with.

downtown, close to Bow river park.
Enjoyed my ten years at Suncor especially the salary!
Suncor was a great company to work for - they really know how to take care of their employees especially during a crisis. They also have a great safety-first mindset which I appreciated.
Suncor Oakville It's "who's your dad OR father inlaw
It's "who's your dad" OR "father in law". Every Gen Xer on down to Millennial has gotten their job through some now retired boomer who worked or was connected with Suncor/ Petro-Can Oakville.
Lots of deadwood. Really could trim some fat here. A bloated mid-level management/ Jr Management.

If head office (Calgary) or shareholders were ever dialed in enough there could be some HUGE cost saving's with downsizing/ eliminating this unit.

A lot of money in Oakville and their kids have to work somewhere.
Excellent pay and health benefits
Like most very large companies, employees are just a number. there is a distinct disconnect between management and employees. The work is neither difficult or fast paced. It is also not very rewarding. Employees are paid very well so management doesn't feel the need to show appreciation for a job well done.
Productive and fast pass
-Lots of planning before the execution window.
-Critical coordination is key to success on the turnaround events

-Great team to work with especially when the turnaround build up stress in the fast pace environment
Horrible fake company
Management is completely in experienced and un educated. They keep promoting people that have no outside real world experience or real education that use their own workers to get ahead and lie to save their own positions
Good place to work. Great culture of people and most people are respectable. Nice and friendly staff. Attitude towards training is good and lots of room for development.
Productive work
My work day as a governance verifier was to check construction permits related to electrical work in my area. Visiting workers in the field to ensure they were following the proper safe work practices.
Generalist job
A good place to work for a generalist job. Exposed to high-paced environment where deadlines are crucial. Lots of turnover and lots of work. Attention to detail is important and processing times are short. Customer service is important dealing with a high volume of employee information and time sensitive issues.
Biggest bureaucracy ever.
A company with stacks of persons not doing anything. Great place to warehouse yourself, earn exceedingly high pay and not be accountable. Many, many layers of management - there are some great leaders but many you have to wonder how they ever got hired.
My experience has been positive for the past 10 years. People working with me feel like families, supportive and fun. We had our moments for sure but we all work toward a common goal, supper each other and create value. I recommend all of my friend work here if there is opportunity
Productive Work place
A very nice team and very nice people. Some duties were new for me, so I get answers at all my questions. Very good job culture. We were very busy through the day , and we support each other.