Suncor Employee Reviews

Greate Company to Work for
Credit Risk Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a long lasting and opportunity company. for the short time I spent there they were professional.
Pros
Located Downtown
Cons
Can't think of any
Great
Project Controls Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2018
Good typical day at work
Lots of learning and opportunities to improve
good management
easy job lots of potential to grow
great exposure to the industry
volunteer work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2018
I worked for the company's christmas children parties twice so there is not much to say other than that it helped me learn how to interact with children and the parents, help out in the games and activities.
Enjoyable job with room to advance
Heavy Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 May 2018
Typical day was operating safely in the oil sands by completing your computer assigned loads and requests. I learned how to operate the world's largest dump trucks in the most extreme weather conditions-kept you on your toes! Training was provided and management was positive in providing support to improve the safety environment for employees. The hardest part of the job was when your truck broke down and you had to wait for another truck to come up--this seldom happened. My regret is quitting my job!!!
Pros
Best paycheck !
Safety First Culture, reliable operations
GROUND TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 May 2018
Suncor is an excellent workplace. Salaries are lucrative, benefits are top notch and the work is ever expanding.

An honest focus on Operational Discipline, Safety and financial security.
Pros
Lucrative, Plenty of Downtime
Cons
Industrial Setting, remote work
Good Employer
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 May 2018
good place to work, fun working environment, supportive team, safety is the first, I have learned a lot hope I can work for it again in the near future.
Big company with opportunity if you want it.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 May 2018
Good management, good technical process of work and staff will do its best to implement company standards by prioritizing safety is at top priority. Will Support families by conducting family day with safe administration and management, good process of work and HR staff are very co-operative.
A challenging place to work
Fleet Reliability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 May 2018
It is a massive and diverse organization where there is a quick change in management. It is as if I have a new manager every year. Due to the slump in the price of oil, career advancement have stagnated.
Big Company
Sr. Turnover Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 May 2018
1st company in Canada but they need to improve their efficiency. Salary is good but job security is not so good for professional contractors. If you get the staff job here, it would be similar to government work.
Great Place to Work
Senior Project Management Specialist - Corp EHS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Suncor has always been fair with industry average salaries. The work life balance is good with a great office culture. Senior leadership are great to work for and always onboard for creative new ideas.
Pros
Calgary office location is excellent
Cons
It is still a big company and slow to react on some items

Want to know more about Suncor?

Ask a question
Very secure job
Extraction Tailings Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 April 2018
Suncor looks after its employees. The hours are long, and the family work life balance is a struggle but the pay and the benefits provided are awesome.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Excellent company to work anytime!
Sr. Reliability Electrical Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 April 2018
Excellent company, supports career growing constantly.
Interact with colleagues, coaching team members, sharing my knowledge and expertise on jobsite to exceed objectives, and to contribute to corporate annual achievements
sucor is a great place to work
shipper receiver working forman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 April 2018
As you can see by my resume,I worked at Suncor a long time .The company i worked for their contract ended.Management treated me well,their camps are rated a 10 in my mind.
Typical large corporation
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 April 2018
Is a good corporate neighbor - supporting local communities as demonstrated during the McMurray fires. Promotes a strong safety culture and rewards employees accordingly.
Very structured environment
National Manager Retail Ops, Food Service & Safety (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2018
Typical day of work is 8am-5pm at the office. Company if very structured and provides excellent pay, benefits and vacations. Some positions are on call 24/7.
Pros
Good Pay, bonus, vacations
Cons
Long Hours, slow to change, old school way of running things
Progressive company, good wages, strong management,
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 April 2018
Company had a solid plan of where they were going. Management was experienced and focused. The wages were great and yearly bonuses.
Great Christmas celebrations.
Pros
close to town. good wages
Cons
mostly fly in fly out
Not my cup of tea
Professional (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 March 2018
Working here was a struggle for me. I found quite a few strong personalities at Suncor, some of whom were on my team. Some of the challenging personalities harboured on intimidating. I found the company structure to be difficult at times. No real growth or development available there. Probably would be a suitable work environment for somebody a bit more rigid.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Challenging personalities
Worked on practicum at home.
SAIT Practicum (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2018
This was a SAIT practicum which my partner and I worked on at home. I learned about mass and energy balances, as well as how to work in a team envirnonment.
Best Company to work
Senior Reliability Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 March 2018
Suncor is an excellent employee to work for
Business Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB23 March 2018
Job is very satisfying and the people are great to work with. Good working team environment. Daily changes and challenges to work with. It was a fly-in and fly-out job, they are part of your family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncor. Our community is ready to answer.