Sunco Foods Inc

Sunco Foods Inc Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Not required to write the review. no need to tell about the typical day at work and what I learned. It's my own point of view and I don't need to share.
good to work
good staff

all staff very sincere in the work

location of the industry very beautiful

time of job very good

salary very handsome

all staff very intelligent
People are overworked, paid and treated badly. Turnover rate was high in every department. Ex-employees were all happy to leave. Life is so much better after we moved on.
Pros
two 15 minutes break a one lunch every day
Cons
unsafe work environment; unfriendly, unhappy people
I have enjoyed working with Sunco, collaborating with all departments there and with an awesome team members. The entire management was very supportive to me and provided me with all guidance I required for doing my job effectively.
Don’t go for this company there is no one who can take decisions for improvement they want the company to run as it was running before no position no overtime no job security
A typical day starts by asking about our family's whereabouts which makes us feel that management cares about us.
Employees are given a lot of opportunities to learn and are enough mentored by managers.

I feel proud to be part of the company which produces products used/respected by a broad range of customers (Ranging from Chain stores, small retailers and chocolate/bar manufacturers) all over Canada. Owners work very hard and train, mentor and expect employees (What's wrong in expecting when millions are at stake) for achieving customer satisfaction in the North-American market amidst the tough competition.

Not only they care about internal employees, they care about people all over by maintaining quality standards.

Other than work, we get paid well, have parties, get recognized when deserved, overall day ends with utmost satisfaction.
Pros
Mentoring, parties, excellent team
Cons
If you live in Surrey, need to cross Alex Fraser (has traffic congestion most of the times), Lol!!!!!
Working for Sunco means working for your own Family! That’s the most unique thing about Sunco. Sunco treat employees like grown-ups. Managers share information with employees, listen to their ideas (or better yet, actively seek out and act upon their ideas) and assume they are responsible enough to manage their own time.
I see fun, humor and relaxation not as the enemies of hard work, but as its allies.

Sunco raise a lot for charity as a business and support other local events to raise funds. We are also treated to Christmas party's, spring and summer events where staff enjoy the time spent together as well delicious foods which is fantastic.

We are treated fairly and paid decently. We have strong training programs and management always support work related certifications / educations and training outside of work

There are plenty of opportunities for growths within the business which is why we feel motivated at all time!

… Great feeling, nice people and unbelievable supports
the family kept hiring and firing office people, the system was very messy, the owners had no idea with what were they doing. Production leader was very rude, terrible experience and the worst company ever.
they prefer working manual even if you are technically good and you have to face a high level of work politics. Better do not waste your precious time here
Pros
Cons
Go and experience
One of the worst companies around and why it wouldn't be because it is a family owned business who cares less of their employees but know how to point fingers on you, corner you behind door and talk you down.

If you do not have any self respect, willing to take their mental torture and can live with a feel that any day will be your last day then you are most welcome to apply for job with this company. The pay will be minimum, your every step will be monitored and your team will back bite on you for saving their jobs.

This is one of the worst place to work and worst management to deal with as they all have no idea with whose or which guideline to go with. Your job responsibilities will change hour to hour as management couldn't make up their mind. Good luck
Pros
Cons
job stability
"the family" runs this place into the ground. Wonderful workers who turn sour quickly due the culture the owners enforce.

Come to work

Work a very long time for no extra pay

Get constantly called into the big corner office to be cornered by the entire family and then bombarded with complaints for 30 minutes, about things not even related to you

Leave feeling beat down and emotionally drained

Watch them reduce people to tears

Shame, because the son of the familly is really smart, and the father is really passionate, but the abuse you will take (from the entire family together) isn't worth it.

I beg you, dont go to work here unless you have the thickest skin and need a job
Pros
Pay was fair for the basic hours expected
Cons
Basic hours expected will never be worked, no work life balance, no reward for doing good
Good management and a nice team. Becomes voluminous sometimes but adequate support from managers available. Caring owners and you can have a free chat anytime.
Promotion is bit hard as i have worked as Production line worker. good Management, infrastructure and friendly environment. better opportunity for females as light weight jobs are there.
Cons
No overtime nd annoying shift.