Sunbelt Rentals
Information from Sunbelt Rentals:

Sunbelt Rentals Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
Demanding
In my opinion, way too much politicking over a safety policy that again in my opinion is beyond over kill and it will be selectively applied against individuals dependent on personality likes and/or
dislikes.
Pros
new equipment good benifits
Cons
can't say no expectation
enjoying work
Sunbelt Rentals is one of the best company I am working for, the work environment and the coworkers make work so easy and comfortable, and learning and accepting new things every single day. enjoying my work.
Great place to work, good pay, good hours, always safety first and understanding anyone looking into employment here will be very happy if they’re hired on.
Worst place to work for
Started at universal rentals before it was bought out by sunbelt in Orangeville Ontario, I’ve been here for 30 years and the branch manager in Orangeville is one of the meanest people I have ever dealt with. She is also very cheap and tries to cut corners by saving the company money but won’t pay her employees properly.
productive
challenging fast paced and working with leading edge technology.
you are required to be self motivated and be able to think outside of the box when i t

comes to diagnoses
Pros
ccc
Cons
ccc
Productive Work Environment
For the most part Sunbelt Rentals is a positive work environment and a productive company. Lots of good people work there and there are many opportunities for upward movement.
Great place to learn, company is great but management at shops can be sketchy
I learned a lot working for them. I think the company overall is great and I'd work for them again, but a different branch. It really boils down to the local management at the branch and the people who work there. I had some fantastic coworkers and they really made a big difference. It's a great place to get your foot in the door and they want to teach you, they have great resources. Company still has some kinks to work out with converting to Canadian safety standards and whatnot but not a big deal. They are still quite safety conscious, it's a fast paced environment. You want to be checking the equipment and getting it back to rental ready as quickly as possible. I really enjoyed getting to fix any defective equipment as I was there to learn. Majority of the equipment is new and well cared for.
Poor dispatcher, supervisor thumbs down, operation manager is good.
Dispatcher no experience
Not steady start time. It could be 5, 6,,7,8,9 just beacause units are not rent ready

Supervisor is moody. I did first delivery comeback to office and and ask supervisor where you going to send me. He said:” I will sand you to he..” With smile on his face. You decide. Operation manager is nice lady.

Team work: no team work every one steak for himself.

Insurance coverages is deducted from your pay and it is around 300.

Benefits cover employee but family is additional charges out of your pocket.
Pros
Salary seems high
Cons
Insurance coverages out your pay around 300 $ as well as benefits for family
Get place to get experience
If you are looking for a place to get experience I would recommend sunbelt. I wouldn't be here for life, no where to grow.
If you are looking for a mom and pop shop feel, this isn't the place
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Management, raises
Avoid the Etobicoke branch
Service manager is a tyrant and a micro manager who treats his staff like dirt. You basically get yelled at and sworn at for not being able to read his mind and your hours are constantly rearranged without notice.
Pros
Cons
Tyrannical service manger
Dont be a delivery driver for them. Awful company
Been meaning to write this review for awhile now. Worked for the Bracebridge branch for a total of maybe 10 months? Went threw 3 different managers. Original manager who hired me was ok. Other 2 were awful. Got lied to about pay. Was told I would get a pay increase in 3 months never did. Yearly pay increase was a slap in the face. The drivers are treated like trash and make 50 cents more an hour than the cashiers. They expect the drivers to work over hours with no brakes and expect you to be their slave when there isnt deliveries or pick ups. Expect you to sweep mop and change garbage in the office while they sit on their butts. Whole place is a joke. Used to be called CRS and when I quit I said the company would go under because of how poor the management was. A few months later I heard they had to sell out to Sunbelt. Pathetic company.
Pros
Sometimes they would save you the bad slices of cold pizza.
Cons
Everything and more.
Don’t do it
Big company, but small company thinking. Management is a joke. Wages suck and expect to be treated like garbage. Very high turnover at all branches!!
Great management
Treat their employees well. Drive fairly long distances and into cities. Learned a great deal and trained on various machinery. Provide good benefits and salary.
Very good place to work
Good staff good environment. Very busy in summer months. Must be able to handle the fast pace. Must be able to work with equipment safely. Overall a good place to be employed
Pros
Busy days go by fast
Cons
Busy in summer month
Tough and Demanding
As a PCM or Profit Center manager, although not told you seem to be expected to work up to10 hours in a day, and through out the weekend, checking emails. I have learned great time management skills. But it does take a toll on your personal family life.
Pros
Salary is very good
Cons
long Hours, lack of personal family time
if you like bad management i would recommend this job for you
great company and benefits i must say. however at the location i was at was poorly managed and could be a lot better company with a few select people changed out. the shop side has great guys.
Stay away from Belleville store
Stay away from the Belleville store Management is bad.When salesperson would show up in morning when you said good morning to her would go off on you. Run as fast as you can from this place.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs low pay
Awesome Branch Manager and shop staff
Awesome staff to work with. Learned a lot from the shop mechanics, great learning and lots experience in the shop. Very flexible working environment, excellent training programs.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Need to have the right mechanics
I would look elsewhere for a job
I worked at this company for awhile, and am highly disappointed in how the leadership team operated.

The HR department was useless (putting it nicely) and have no real idea what a rental company does and who to hire.

Also, the transition after they purchased CRS was horrible. Lack of communication, lack of consideration for team members, and lack of proper introduction of new members.

I would avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Hr, Leadership, Work/life balance, pay
Beware of this terrible company
Back stabber terrible management you are just a number no job security
Never been treated like a piece of garbage more than here

Wages are terrible no advancement American owned and run they dont care about anyone only money equipment is unsafe terrible maintenance records run far far away
Pros
Being trested like garbage
Cons
Theres nothing good about this company
excellent management excellent training
one of the best in town driving jobs there is. There have one of the most intense training regimes I have ever encountered. Love the benefits.The equipment is new and well maintained
Pros
great views of the city
Cons
driving in the city
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunbelt Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9