Sunbelt Rentals

• Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Was a fun place to work

I had a good couple years there until they replaced the manager and he started getting rid of employees and replacing them with his friends other than that all the equipment is new they have great benefits and retirement plan

Great co-workers.Poor management Inadequate safety programInadequate parts department and inventory

Enjoyed working in both shop and field atmospheres.Good commodore with co-workers.Inadequate safety program, parts inventory, performance appraisals, specialty tools, field truck capabilities.

Pros

Location.Benefits.Work schedule. Co-workers.

Cons

Lack of safety program and employee involvement, Inadequate parts department and inventory, Poor management.

Best Work Experience I’ve Ever Had

This has been the only great work experience e I have ever had so far. Had I not been head hunted I would have stayed forever! I received a $1 raise before my 3 month probation. I have found in my experience they recognize those who work hard and not those who have been there the longest. As long as you care, you put in the work and you show you’re worth the investment, sunbelt WILL invest in you as an employee. There is ample opportunity for advancement and growth and the customers are really great! It is so bittersweet that I am leaving and would recommend this workplace to everyone. I even got my mom a job within the company because of how much I enjoyed my time here. They understand those who have families and are willing to work around it. My branch wasn’t just a bunch of employees we have been a legit family. I love them all as if they are my siblings.

Pros

Amazing opportunity and culture

Cons

Long hours, some people don’t care about their jobs making it difficult to do your own at times.

Fast paced

Good company overall but very fast-paced and poor work-life balance. Definitely opportunities to move up in the company and make good money. Staffing problems occur on a regular basis, making it difficult to bring on new people due to increased workload on remaining employees.

Old boy's club with a major micromanagement problem

The company is massive with lots of opportunity to grow from a yard person into an OSR or PCM. Not much upward mobility beyond this as there are few positions and you have to "pay your dues".The store I worked out of had a gigantic micromanager running it. He would watch the GPS in your truck like a hawk, make sure you were at your desk not a second late or leave a second early. In the role of OSR, you're on the clock 24/7 with customers constantly calling you. The position isn't hourly and you should not be judged by how much time you spend in the office or on the road. It should be solely on results.Every little move seems arbitrary and sometimes upper management seems to not even buy into the programs they're trying to push.As a company that tries grow primarily through absorption, if you do end up working out of a store that was formerly a non-SBR company, there is a certain old boy's club attitude towards it. Most management has little to no business acumen and it seems that they rely a little too much on surface metrics to measure success.This place to say the least, over promised and under delivered on my 10 months of working there. Everything from work day, salary and work flow was embellished. It is unfortunate as there is a real opportunity for the company to grow and develop a sustained workforce with less turnover.

Pros

Technology use, vehicle

Cons

unrealistic expectations, mismanaged, underwhelming promises

Former class 1 driver

Definitely not the best company to work for. They don’t care about your personal life or what your going through. That’s why the high wage! Stay clear

Excellent Place to Work

Fast paced environment makes the days go by quickly, Awesome crew of people to work with. Great salary offered. Wonderful benefits provided. No weekend work!!!

Stay far ...... far away. If you have ANY other option take it, you will thank me later.

This location sure does chew through staff. Maybe its time to look at your on site management team, eh Sunbelt? But then you would have to admit the actual problem.

Pros

Ill get back to you on that

Cons

You work non stop and dont get time to eat

The people at oshawa branch are amazing

The rest of sunbelt the highet management really suck all you are is a number make you work hours that tire you right out. They will push for you to stay late everyday

Pros

Non

Cons

Hard to live with what they pay

The guys in the shop are awesome group. Extremely unorganized, rate of pay is very low for the area. Send things out on rent that never went threw the shop, or that a salesman decided it was ok re-rent. Then get talked down to in morning meeting about excessive call outs.

Pros

Other workers

Great environment at the Burlington Store

A wonderful company to work, with great colleagues that help you and are there for you.Great support from the company, that give you all the conditions to succeed.

One of the worst managed companies I’ve ever worked for.

Worked for almost 3 months. Was let go without warning. PCM waited until the end of the day to let me go in front of two other employees. Most unprofessional place I’ve ever worked. Spineless management who spends more time doing deliveries than managing the branch. Safety meetings are rushed through and skipped over content to get back to work. Asked to fill out pro active action cards regularly but nothing is done to correct the issues. Would recommend the rental world to my worst enemy. Most unrewarding job I’ve ever had.

Pros

Hours and benefits

Cons

Poor management, most equipment is poorly maintained, safety policies are in place but aren’t taken seriously.

Horrible place to work

They talk like it's the best place on earth to work but once you've been there a couple of weeks you realize it's a horribly run company. Managers who know nothing about the job and then pin their screw ups on their drivers.

Cons

Competitive and fast paced culture

Great workplace if you’re looking to be challenged and advanced in your career. It’s a competitive industry and workplace but those with a great attitude and desire to win will excel. Great customer base and a growing industry. Sunbelt gives you all the technology and tools to succeed in your role.

Pros

Compensation, training, advancement opportunities

Cons

No one will appreciate you !

They talk to you like you’re garbage. They push you to work hard and don’t appreciate any of the work you do. The current manager will throw you under the bus. The environment is so bad and stressful and you can’t find time to work on anything without being criticize. Anyone can find a better job with better pay and less stress anywhere else.

Benefits

Cons

Manager, hours, pay, environment

Freedom

There was a bit more freedom to do your job with weekly reporting through conference calls. Line managers tend to put pure rental ahead of safety at times but generally try hard enough

Pros

Great people

Cons

Micro managers

High stress, fast paced

The first 3 months of the “on boarding” make it seem like a great place to work, but right after that it’s sink or swim. It’s all about who you know, extremely “boys club” oriented

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

Don’t understand personal life

Outstanding Company

Sunbelt Rentals is an amazing company to work for. The leadership team from the District Managers to the CEO is outstanding. They really care about the employees, it's one big family. Safety is huge, everyone just wants to go home safely at the end of the day. This company is end game if you want it to be, they invest in they're employees and promote from within. Advancement opportunities are everywhere if you work for them, but they're not handed out for nothing; you have to earn them. I highly recommend working for Sunbelt Rentals to anyone who wants a long term career, who isn't scared of hard work.

Pros

Takes care of employees, Internal Promotions, Invests in employees, Strong safety culture, Engaged and passionate leadership team, too many to list

Cons

Industry is high demand makes for long days and high stress levels, but it's always worth it at the end of the day.

Bad Place to work

No management, dispatcher walks all over you, no room for growth, no respect, not a good branch, no organization or leadership. Would not work here again

Pros

Cons

Low pay

They are not paid oncalls sat in sun this branch

They are not paid on oncalls Not like other branches The service manager is keep shouting with nonsense things even workers are performing their duties. Wondering why people are slowly leaving this branches.

Awful company

A company that over promises and under delivers. Company that is run by salesman with a very out of joint upper management team, borderline incompetent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunbelt Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement