Sunbelt Rentals

Sunbelt Rentals Employee Reviews

Great company, they care about their employees and constantly try to grow in all aspects. Very safety conscious, morning stretches everyday. Punctuality is very important, and problem solving.
Sunbelt Rentals is an amazing company to work for. The leadership team from the District Managers to the CEO is outstanding. They really care about the employees, it's one big family. Safety is huge, everyone just wants to go home safely at the end of the day. This company is end game if you want it to be, they invest in they're employees and promote from within. Advancement opportunities are everywhere if you work for them, but they're not handed out for nothing; you have to earn them. I highly recommend working for Sunbelt Rentals to anyone who wants a long term career, who isn't scared of hard work.
Pros
Takes care of employees, Internal Promotions, Invests in employees, Strong safety culture, Engaged and passionate leadership team, too many to list
Cons
Industry is high demand makes for long days and high stress levels, but it's always worth it at the end of the day.
No management, dispatcher walks all over you, no room for growth, no respect, not a good branch, no organization or leadership. Would not work here again
Pros
Cons
Low pay
They are not paid on oncalls Not like other branches The service manager is keep shouting with nonsense things even workers are performing their duties. Wondering why people are slowly leaving this branches.
Pros
A company that over promises and under delivers. Company that is run by salesman with a very out of joint upper management team, borderline incompetent
no overtime unorganized no out of town allowance management is quite rude to employees they dont have much experince with real truck diving the pay is terrible
Sunbelt Rentals is one of the best company I am working for, the work environment and the coworkers make work so easy and comfortable, and learning and accepting new things every single day. enjoying my work.
Great place to work, good pay, good hours, always safety first and understanding anyone looking into employment here will be very happy if they’re hired on.
Started at universal rentals before it was bought out by sunbelt in Orangeville Ontario, I’ve been here for 30 years and the branch manager in Orangeville is one of the meanest people I have ever dealt with. She is also very cheap and tries to cut corners by saving the company money but won’t pay her employees properly.
Not a great company to work for. From the top down the structure of their day to day needs a lot of work. Do not make you feel like you are appreciated. Too much turn around, and too many (proven) senior positions fall on swords for trying to run things a different way than the company wants. Basically want you to be their puppet. Would not recommend, 2 Stars is an extremely generous rating. If it weren't for the people that were currently working there, I personally would have given my notice years ago.
Exhausting yet fulfilling work. Great team to work with. Got a lot of hands on experience with equipment as well as extensive experience working in an office setting.
In my opinion, way too much politicking over a safety policy that again in my opinion is beyond over kill and it will be selectively applied against individuals dependent on personality likes and/or dislikes.
Pros
new equipment good benifits
Cons
can't say no expectation
Fellow employees are ok to work with but management has no communication skills. Safety is often overlooked and not enforced , haven’t been there long and won’t be sticking around if you like being a nobody with no voice that’s the only way you will like it!!!
challenging fast paced and working with leading edge technology. you are required to be self motivated and be able to think outside of the box when i t comes to diagnoses
Pros
ccc
Cons
ccc
For the most part Sunbelt Rentals is a positive work environment and a productive company. Lots of good people work there and there are many opportunities for upward movement.
Great people and Management, There are lots of opportunities for advancement as the company is growing fast. I would recommend Sunbelt to anyone, and do.
I learned a lot working for them. I think the company overall is great and I'd work for them again, but a different branch. It really boils down to the local management at the branch and the people who work there. I had some fantastic coworkers and they really made a big difference. It's a great place to get your foot in the door and they want to teach you, they have great resources. Company still has some kinks to work out with converting to Canadian safety standards and whatnot but not a big deal. They are still quite safety conscious, it's a fast paced environment. You want to be checking the equipment and getting it back to rental ready as quickly as possible. I really enjoyed getting to fix any defective equipment as I was there to learn. Majority of the equipment is new and well cared for.
Working for Sunbelt Rentals was an awesome experience. I learned so much in such a short period of time. My recommendation for them would be to hold the upper management more accountable for their actions!! Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed working there!!!
i really enjoyed working with all the co-workers at the branches and management were great to us.It is a great place to grow and learn. they do promote from with-in.
Pros
Great company, great co-workers
Cons
long days and nights.
Dispatcher no experience Not steady start time. It could be 5, 6,,7,8,9 just beacause units are not rent ready Supervisor is moody. I did first delivery comeback to office and and ask supervisor where you going to send me. He said:” I will sand you to he..” With smile on his face. You decide. Operation manager is nice lady. Team work: no team work every one steak for himself. Insurance coverages is deducted from your pay and it is around 300. Benefits cover employee but family is additional charges out of your pocket.
Pros
Salary seems high
Cons
Insurance coverages out your pay around 300 $ as well as benefits for family
If you are looking for a place to get experience I would recommend sunbelt. I wouldn't be here for life, no where to grow. If you are looking for a mom and pop shop feel, this isn't the place
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Management, raises
  1. Employee reviews