Sun RV Resort Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Florida21 February 2019
Management is the worst I've ever experienced they don't care one bit about the employes. You will be underpaid and over worked from day one. They expect you to be on call 24 7 365 but refuse to compensate you 1 penny for it. It's probably the worst job I can remember having and I would suggest staying away from Sun...period!
Pros
You get some paid time off
Cons
Managment, pay, just about everything
Recommend not working here
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PV shores San Pedro California15 January 2019
Terrible middle management, . No one knows what there doing. I had 5 managers in two years. That tells you everything you need to know about middle management.The blind leading the blind. Every manager micro manages you they all had control issues. A publicly traded company they care about making money ,even though they waste piles of money on everything except there employees They don’t pay !I made 24 dollars an hour as a maintenance supervisor.I highly recommend not investing your time working here. A real boys club for the boys on top of the food chain.
Pros
Beautiful property
Cons
Micromanage you no independent thinking allowed
Misleading Job Description
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FL15 January 2019
My position title was supposed to be Office Coordinator, but I was really a salesperson for resident owned manufactured homes. The management expected me to sell homes and not receive a sales commission.
Pros
Wonderful park residents
Cons
Management that isn't truthful.
It's a vortex of neverending confusion
bistro worker (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CA28 December 2018
Not open fully so 4 days only and hours are SLIM. You also can not be over your scheduled time or you can be fired for milking the clock. Brace yourself for the immense wait of getting in their corporate system...and when you DO..they expect you to check a company email. CHeck stubs, time clocks, scheduling, and EVERYTHING is in their Rabbit PORTAL...Its painful to figure out with computer knowledge and they don't really have a intro to it. It also is mixed with sun communities so you are bombarded with EVERYONES MASS EMAILS. Oh and CLASSES you must take on the clock with deadlines, ratings of employees and supervisors, some are for their other company dealing with housing...Yep gotta take em anyway.
Don't even bother with part time..hiring takes about 2 months with drug screening and background. Interviewed on phone in Michigan, then 2 more times. When you finally start (they don't tell you this) as Part time you are required to pass a PROBATION OF 6 MONTHS to APPLY for FULL time. They will hire a totally new no one instead of a consistent employee. You also DO NOT get the benefits they love to list on their want ads as a part time employee. They are adamant of 32 hour minimums even with the on site on clock portal classes and emailing. Full time people LIVE there...and beg for time off they never get because of constant short staffing. Someone goes you are waiting a LONG time til relief gets hired.
They keep terrible employees to not pay unemployment. No call no shows, late every day, breaks that never end, disappearing acts, coming to work inebriated,
  more... insubordination, targeting and vengeful acts towards coworkers, stealing anything except cash, leaving every day claiming to be sick, ALL were tolerated.. and resulted in useless writeups. Good employees then are shafted into picking up this behaviors slack and repurcussions. Also makes them targets of reactive behavior that verges on unbelievable. Many full holidays working alone was normal (325 sites). When rewarded for effort over the average with OT or Holiday pay, be prepared for the anger of the employee who believes that somehow after being late every shift it shouldve been offered to them. Somehow still managing to be listened to by corporate they can complain, lie, and even target you NOTHING will be done.
No one can fix anything. Time clocks go down, checks shorted and paid whenever they figure it out, Required to work during mandatory breaks, disciplined when you don't clock out even when you are working during it. ..again...short staffed.
Serious issues were ignored constantly that could be misconstrued to make people lose their jobs...such as their computers for registers printing out incorrect sales, tips resulting in drawers being completely nonsense of overages and negatives. Brought to attention of 3 managers repeatedly and HR and NO ONE could fix it or even assured employees they were safe from firing over theft due to this issue. IVE NEVER EVER seen such lax management of money.
Be prepared to do your best and then be at the mercy of the bad seeds they keep, theres plenty of ways to lose your job and everyone was always afraid they would over small nonsense overlooked or plain ignored by higher ups.
No HR in even the state..and they don't seem to have the interests of a peaceful work place in mind. They are only to fire people they think they don't have to pay unemployment to and if you DO have a problem and report it..they lack the backbone to stop out of control employees. Corporate takes all power from management to fire and this only hands the power to bad employees to cause all out war against anyone they please.
Seriously....its a lot of grief and stress caused by a entirely too long chain of command and lack of job security plus general confusion over policies is TANGIBLE and OBVIOUS. If you are looking to be professional and work without constant effort covering your rear from losing your job over gross mismanagement on things like your drawer ..time cards...break times being wrongly times or forgotten....then pass....
You have to EMAIL every request or statements so managers can have a paper trail...prepare to beg to have one. I am still in shock of the grand scale of shrugged shoulders, ignored issues of importance, and especially passing the buck.
Pros
You are going to have to make it positive to make it here
Cons
Terrible communication, Overworked Full time workers, Having to deal with lazy or incapable coworkers, fear of job loss everywhere
Worst job I ever had!
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bushnell, FL19 December 2018
I've worked at the Bushnell (resort)ha Ha ha (they don't even have sidewalks) for a very long time. If you don't work in the office, you are dog dirt!......Maintenance has on call duties for FREE, it's your job but you only get time off in lieu of pay!...So, you're trapped at your house for 5 to 7 days, can't go to the beach, out to dinner, HAVE ANY KIND OF FUN OR RELAX because you're on-call and don't even get payed for it. The guest break everything, do what ever they want and some don't even pick up their dog waste when walking their dog.
WATCH WHERE YOU ARE WALKING! Your start pay will probably be $10.00 per hour and you will do everything and anything!
A Great Experience
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Geneva-on-the-Lake, OH14 October 2018
I worked at The Loft at Indian Creek RV Resort as part of Sun RV Resorts, and my experience there was great. I learned how to be productive at a restaurant as a dishwasher, and I was able to wash dishes with not much trouble. My supervisors were great, and I met some great people there as well. I even learned some other skills there as well such as how to refill paper towel dispensers as well as how to wash chicken wings. One problem I had was how I would have to work pass midnight due to how busy it was at where I worked, but that wasn't too much of a problem. I would recommend anyone in the area to work at The Loft.
Pros
Great supervisors, meal discounts, plenty of break time, free soda, great training, good resources
Cons
Overtime can extend to midnight
Horrible Management
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FL19 September 2018
Corporate is in Michigan and the site is in Zephyrhills and of course the left foot doesn’t know what the right foot is doing half the time. The restaurant manger and kitchen manager are micro managers. There’s no appreciation ever given and the HOA committee gets whatever whenever they want it.
Pros
Restaurant closes before most
Cons
Pay, Management, and corporate management
Ruled by a bunch or misogynistic baby boomers.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Anonymous26 August 2018
If you want to work 70 hours or more a week and never see your family this is the place for you. Their senior management is as diverse as a jar of mayo. If you are a female and applying you should probably seek employment elsewhere this is an all boys club.
Pros
At some point you'll die so i guess that's good.
Cons
Needs more demons from hades as HR managers it would really brighten up the place.
it needed guidance
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CA21 August 2018
most coworkers were great and helpful management was very unstable when i brought up harrasment by fellow employee (twice) it was ignored they did at least let you do your thing
Pros
nice customers and staff
Cons
having to punch out for break
Enjoyed work and management was respectful.
Customer Service Representative (Main Desk) (Former Employee) –  Sandwich, MA21 February 2017
I enjoyed my time working here. Co-workers and management were easy to work with and respectful.The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to positively interact with current and potential clients.
Excellent work environment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mims, FL9 April 2014
This was an excellent job because the worker could make own hours but there was no chance for advancement. Great co-workers.
Pros
Ability to make own hours and be done before noon.
Cons
No advancement or health benefits.