Sun Peaks Resort

Sun Peaks Resort Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Good place to get involved, poor pay
The work environment is great, and you have reasonable flexibility in your scheduling. Scedules tend to be changed frequently, and with little to no warning. Lots of work for minimum wage. Tips would compensate, but people are generally poor tippers.
Fun workplace with amazing team
The work was hectic during the weekends but our manager had the shifts assigned accordingly so that it wouldn't put burden on anybody. The work culture was highly positive with everyone trying to motivate you to do your best. I had a great multicultural experience.
great place to work
spent the 2019-2020 season at sun peaks and i learned a lot of new things as well as had a lot of fun. the only downside is the high cost of accomodation and groceries in town
Ugh
I hated the manager such a (word I’m not allowed to use) and so (another word I cont use) rude to staff and customers of which there were none. Just proves what a (another word I can’t use) place it is. More nice places to stay. Outdated decor and a bad smell.
great place to work
sun peaks is a beautiful resort with a lot to offer. being able to ride the mountain with co workers and friends along side of working with them is an absolute treasure
Great, fun, friendly workplace
Great people, learned lot's of communication skills, plenty of fun. Free lunch included, as well as a seasons ski pass and occasional staff dinners. Overall fantastic workplace.
Not respecting of managment
Great opportunity to have amazing staff perks. However felt the managment of the resort need a bit of tweaking and need to adapt to a bit of emotional intelligence
amazing kids and location
It was a great job to help keep a balance, indoor (warm) great coworkers, the kids were awesome, amazing snowboarding, great night life, all the parents were super accepting and helpful, my boss was amazing and i was able to function at an acceptable pace, (mentally & physically)
Pros
free lunch, cheap rent, great night life
Cons
doesnt pay enough for the high stress environment that it is
Its the mountain life
You do not come here to save money. This is for the experience of the mountain. The perks with corp companies are not great. If you do want to save money you need a second job as most servers and bartenders are not getting full-time hours. I recommend working here as an experience.
Pros
Free pass, new people, mountain life
Cons
not full time, employee benefits, staff accommodation, pay, shoulder season
The hill seems to have an Identity crisis, cant decide if it wants to be a destination resort or a Ma and Pa ski hill
Most of the staff are good people to work with, but I can't say that management is run the best. From my experience, they hire inexperienced people for management positions and they make quite a few errors when it comes to pay-roll. The hardest part of the job was getting let go for being the only person who knew how to do the job properly.
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
Getting taken advantage of, teenage managers, getting under-paid compaired to co-workers
Best Place for cooks and chefs in Kamloops
Best staff ever encountered.

People help with personal problems and acknowledge your presence.

Great benefits of working here _ free food all time, sports and scenery.
Pros
free food, activities
Cons
I taught part time for 18 years, Sun Peaks is an amazing world class resort!
I taught skiing, snowboarding & snow biking. First tracks on powder days and amazing guests from all over the world. It never felt like work for 18 years!
great lifestyle
great place, great people, great atmosphere and the ability to move up and progress if you invest in the place.
Management and staff were fantastic with great regular customers and clients
Snowboarding at work!
Operating lifts
Ride breaks

Good management, they really try to work with you for requested days off

Seasons Pass

Awesome people from all over the world

Awful wages
Pros
Free seasons pass, You get to snowboard for work, awesome global people
Cons
Awful wages, Not much room for raises
Good
Honestly super good job, provides experiance in a good field, fun times all day, Management sometimes hard to work with and often Judgy but otherwise all around a good time
Pros
Free Lunches
Poor place to work
In my 35 plus years of working this place was the WORST. I was hired as a Kitchen Supervisor. This was supposed to be a full time year round position. It was neither. Management is poor. Coworkers were intimidated by the General manager of the Lodge. A poor working environment, who gave no encouragement to grow, or input what you may have learned in your life's experiances.
Pros
Free lunch, good people to work with.
Cons
Everything else
I enjoy working at Sun Peaks Resort. They provide a great work atmosphere for their employees. I learnt a lot about first aid from the very knowledgeable management team.
Awesome Employer
They take Care of their workforce.

Typical day is set up the restaurant, have a team meeting discussing safety or any issues.

Great Management

Co Workers become your friends

Hardest part of the Job was working on Pow Days!

enjoyable part was the hours. always able to ski!
Pros
Seasons passes, discount on food
Cons
none!