SUN PEAKS GRAND HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTRE Employee Reviews

Stay Grounded and Excell at all that you do !
Restaurant Server & Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Sun Peaks, BC28 April 2019
I absolutely loved working with the food and beverage manager. He has made me into a fantastic server and I am truly grateful for his mentoring!!
I did have some moments on the mountain that were challenging of my personal character. Overall- I learned alot about what I value and what does not resonate with me. The culture of living on mountain is breathtaking but staying grounded in your values can be a challenge of its own. My advice is to balance your work and personal life. Stay dedicated and devoted to do what you do best ! You will learn so much about customer service and hopefully find passion like i did.
I will always miss and love my position!
Stay focused and do your best, tips will follow and so will life time of friends.
Pros
Education, Experience, Staff Housing, Mountain Life, Hours
Cons
Work Balance, Hours
Do not recommend.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sun Peaks, BC7 April 2016
So many things went wrong here it is hard to comprehend. I worked here for six weeks and saw nine people quit. The assistant manager is a bully and I actually had to report her to WorkSafeBC who is currently doing an investigation. Pay checks were always late. Hours were long and tedious. The job itself was very fun and I very much enjoyed the guests, pay was very decent so would not complain about wages, however the workplace was slightly abusive. I've never been treated so badly in a workplace before in my life. Staff gets yelled at in the middle of the hallway. Turnover is exceptionally high. HR never in the office. I actually quite loved this job and would have stayed much longer if it hadn't been for the assistant manager. The workplace is not the best at all by any means but most of it is still tolerable. Good place to go if you're looking for something much higher than minimum wage but wouldn't spend a lifetime here. The hotel is run independently from sun peaks itself so the benefits differ from those working for the actual corporation. It isn't a bad place to be so long as management doesn't harass you. Unfortunately in my experience that wasn't the case and I ended up having to leave because of it.
Pros
Free lunch most days, work at your own pace, good wages, very culturally diverse
Cons
Long hours, late pay checks, abusive workplace, absent HR, high turnover, no free ski pass

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUN PEAKS GRAND HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTRE. Our community is ready to answer.

SUN PEAKS GRAND HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTRE Reviews by Job Title