Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

pl see below
Quality Assurance Coordinator/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON30 May 2018
More then happy to discuss in person. Not comfortable providing any reviews on the web. Hope that is appreciated and is not considered mandatory requirement.
Good people
Acting Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 May 2018
Sun Life is full of great people and excellent leaders. It is very important that you own your own satisfaction and seek out those around you who do the same.
Good Benefits
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 May 2018
Sun Life focuses on employee development but not much opportunity to move up the latter. You are just a number. The people are great to work with except management.
Pros
Benefits and Salary
Cons
No work/life balance and poor management
A very good place to work.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  2075 Kennedy Road Scarborough Ontario M1T 3V323 May 2018
This is a good company to work with. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Managers are very helpful and keep motivating their staff to continue to succeed in their business.
Worst place ever to work.
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 May 2018
HORRIBLE place to work. Managers are terrible and basically have zero people skills. Everyone on my team was miserable about my managers and went to them several times with zero action. Have zero loyalty to long term employees and allow harassment on a daily place.
Pros
good severance package when you go to a lawyer and get one
Cons
management, no loyalty to their employees, no room to grow.
Sunlife
Sales Manager- Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 May 2018
Its a great role if you want a flexible and non political culture. no real boss, you are a 100% commissioned employee, you have huge tax write offs and you have support from internal Managers to assist you. You can build your own business
Sun Life Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 May 2018
I've been with the company for 3 years and I made the best decision to move from a major bank. The compensation provided is above average provided that I continue to keep my activities consistent. I'm able to build my own client base and that explains why the payout for every plan I set up is fairly generous. Most importantly the culture and the support at the Scarborough Financial Centre is outstanding. Everyone is treated like family and the management team is unlike no other leadership team I have experienced in the past. They give it their all to ensure that everyone is supported.
Pros
Great culture at the Scarborough Financial Centre, Generous up front compensation plus residual income, Build own client base, guaranteed payout when we leave the role or retire, Flexibility, Work/life balance
Cons
Work long hours, lots of paperwork for Wealth transactions
Employee facilities above average
Senior Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 May 2018
The employee support and facilities at the company are excellent. Gym, cafeteria, kitchen, cubicles, etc are modern. It is easy to work from home or take time off for personal issues. Staff usually do not work overtime or stay late regularly.Modern use of technology such as Adobe Connect and software is used. But hardware is sometimes outdated,eg laptops are slow.
Recently Sun Life announced re-structuring of teams and has let people go and teams have been downsized.
Pros
Workplace culture is engaging
Cons
Too much focus on meetings, complicating simple tasks, Low job security. Can be fired on the spot without any notice.
Client Service, Administration and Cold Calling
Sales and Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON18 May 2018
I worked directly with one Financial Advisor doing the typical administrative duties and Client Service.
Processing paperwork, opening accounts and being there for our clients was my main function.
At times I was required to reach out to individuals who were holding Whole Life Insurance policies because they had cash balances. These individuals were people whose policies were not being serviced by an active Licensed Advisor. By making these calls I was able to book meetings and give my Financial Advisor an opportunity to make a connection.
Pros
Client Service, Prospecting
Cons
Just me in the office
Good company to work for
Manager, Software Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
I spent only few months here, mostly because of commuting to either east end of the city, or to Waterloo. I enjoyed working there, I had a very good team of Developers and Sr. Developers.

Want to know more about Sun Life Financial?

Ask a question
Fast paced environment
Knowledge Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2018
Overall great place to work with plenty of room for advancement if you’re willing to put in the work. Sometimes difficult to balance work and personal life with expected productivity.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Friendly place to work at.
Fee Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 May 2018
Sun Life Financial is a great company to work at, especially for new graduates. People are always so polite and friendly. The stock plan is great for people who want to have a bit of extra spending money.
I was an unpaid intern.
Prospector, Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
I was an unpaid intern and completed admin duties for a financial advisor. It gave me insight into such a job role as I oversaw the day to day activities.
Boring projects
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
Not much excitement compared to working in another industries
Theres too much tendency on focusing on the small details and miss the big picture
Workplace culture could be toxic
Solid, Dependable, and Flexible
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Strathroy-Caradoc, ON30 April 2018
Taught me a lot about working in an office environment, something which I was completely new to. It involved a lot of basic, easy to understand tasks that allowed for work hours that were flexible around my school schedule.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Monotonous tasks
productive workplace
Snr.Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 April 2018
It's a good place to work, though it has a small space but it helps to ensure you are working close to everyone you need. Business and Technology sit closely
Pros
flexibility to work from home when you need to
Cons
you have to pay for parking if you drive
Wonderful Team Atmosphere
Senior Dental Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2018
Top notch Team Leaders in this Health and Dental Insurance company. Training was high quality and no one was left behind. Good work was rewarded which led to a very low employment turn around. I advanced from being a contracted employee to a full time permanent employee then advanced to a senior dental analyst within 5 months. Our office was then the top office for the company, country wide.
Decent place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2018
I was only there on contract. Overall, seems like a decent place to work for. I hear the company has good benefits, a plus for a full time position. Nice new downtown building.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Wonderful place to work
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2018
There is tremendous opportunity for Success as an advisor. There is a lot of support from management, who are vested in our success. Technology support is fantastic and evolving.
Good place to work at
Valuation Actuarial Analyst - Co-op (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 April 2018
very good culture
opportunity for advancement
very helpful management
very good work life balance
provides change to develop skills and education in every way they can
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Life Financial. Our community is ready to answer.