Sun Communities Employee Reviews

Deplorable
General Staff (Former Employee) –  Sherkston, ON14 April 2019
Random rules for everyone! If you're liked, you'll he treated like gold, so long as you "yes sir" your way through each day. The management is a complete joke! They treat you like dogs and expect you to jump through hoops. The staff is always demoralized and they never know what is right or wrong, since nothing is organized. Owners in the resort treat us like we are trash and there are always drunk idiots to deal with at night! There is never a dull moment, nor will anything surprise you! They cram 1000's of miserable people in a resort that couldn't organize a 2 car parade. Because management is so inconsistent and lax, we are constantly blamed for the deficits that management allows within the resort. The beach is a nightmare, dealing with ppl there is impossible, and once again there is no consistency in the rules, so we never know what to say or do.
I would never recommend working here, unless you like being treated like garbage for little pay and no benefits. I wouldn't even recommend visiting or buying, owners are always upset with the ever increasing fees, upwards of $10,000 to $15,000. Their business practices are shady and borderline illegal, some downright dangerous and a blatant disregard for any public rules.
Run and never look back.
Pros
You get to work outside in the summer, coworkers are fun
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, poor treatment, random policy changes and inconsistent rules
disaster
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON22 January 2019
the ad said great pay?? I guess great pay is minimum wage?? Minimum wage job always looking for other employment. 380 dollars a week take home pay is a hair above welfare.
Pros
Cons
working poor
untruthful supervisors
Acvitivies assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON11 February 2018
I enjoyed working with the entertainment team but was let go after bringing a puppy into work even with the permission of my supervisors but was sent home then fired 2 days later. Human Resources made their decision before i could explain why i believed it was alright.
Cons
low pay, short hours, snarky coworkers