Summitt Energy Employee Reviews

long days good money, got to put in the effort
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
as lonf as you put in the effort the moeny is always there, the company has a bit of a history with faulty agents misleading customers, but for most part the programs offered sre sensible
Pros
money is good
great enviornment for youge entrepreneur
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 January 2018
It was a great place to work at the beginning traveling to different places in Ontario but after you get over the fact you are traveling and realize you now have no social life outside of work it makes your wonder if this is the working life your future is going to be like. You would start work at 10am with meetings and watching others get recognized for completing their daily goal and wonder where you went wrong even though you did work your butt off. from 11am about 9pm at night and you wouldn't get home till about after 10pm.
Fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2017
A typical day includes doing door to door sales around Ottawa. The job requires you to work outdoors all year round, and travel to other cities on a regular basis.
No opportunity to grow
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 November 2017
Work 8 hours a day, lunch paid, work Monday to Friday some Saturdays. the flexibility of schedules. Co-workers are friendly, growing company, but no opportunity to grow.
Good workplace
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
I came into the job knowing nothing about the energy industry and I am know confident to say that I have learned so much. It is a wonderful company to work for, great workplace culture, and a good work/life balance. They are very flexible in accommodating employee needs and there is great opportunity for advancement. It is a very fast paced, high energy job for those who like that style. The only recommendation I could give is for better employee training practices.
Friendly workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Colleagues are very supportive and there are opportunities to learn.
Largely an entrepreneurial environment in terms of structure. Management is accessible as well.
Scammers and shysters
Snake oil salesman/shyster (Former Employee) –  Ontario10 August 2017
This is a classic aggressive snake oil salesman company.

Training includes:

Learning responses to all potential denials that unsuspecting homeowners.

Learning how to sell something no one needs.

Learning how to be a poor salesman.

This is a scam. Do not open the door and all of you looking for your first job, go somewhere else. You will only learn negative skills here.
Pros
Become a shadey scumbag
Cons
Scam artists and scumbags.
Not a nice place to work at
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2017
The company was really seedy in a way. The main tactic of trying to sell your product was to be aggressive and try and trick your potential clients. If you're not great at customer service you'll learn to be real quick.
Pros
If you're lucky enough to sell a contract $$
Cons
Long hours, you won't know where you are, lots of walking
Never work there
Inside Sales Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2017
The absolutely most horrible place to work. The upper management promises that you will obtain lots of money, and that promise dragged on for months. It was just lie after lie and every employee that works there should STOP WORKING THERE NOW because the upper management don't care about the employees, they only care about themselves, while screwing over the employees. Never ever recommend this place to anyone and please don't for a second think about applying for the job. Most likely, they will hire you, but you will be wasting your time.

A typical work day would be that I enter into the call center, and cold call for a couple hours, asking to speak to the person in charge of utilities. After that, I book the appointment for my outside rep to speak with them, and they close. Once they close, I get a pay check. However, I NEVER got paid and if the outside rep fails at his job, you still dont get paid even if you successfully booked the appointment. I learned from this company not to trust anyone's words and let action speak for them, no what how convincing they sound, especially sales people. My co-workers were nice, but the upper management needs to pay attention to the needs of the employees. Whoever applies for the job, you will most likely get it. But you will also most likely not make any money. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend finding another job.
Pros
Sometimes free snacks
Cons
Cold calling, Angry CEO/CFO/COO/Controller and broken promises
productive and motivational
Operations and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2017
News articles on energy costs/forecasts are passed around at the beginning of the day.You then fill up your binder with contracts with terms and conditions, disclosure statements, price comparison forms, receive a map of your territory for the day. go over tactics, strategy, objection handling, etc.. have lunch and depart for your territory. Once you've been dropped in your territory start knocking until 9pm.
The management is dedicated to helping you develop interpersonal skills, as the job requires you to solicit business door to door.
All Work, No Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 November 2016
All Work, No Pay.

Commission based with the key part out of your hands.
Sketchy business practice employed.

Save yourself the trouble of working here for free and find a job that actually pays.
Pros
Restaurants close by
Cons
All Work, No Pay
productive and fun place to work
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 September 2016
it is a fun and productive place to work. Great for people who need experience and communication skills. Stressful day. I go door to door to persuade people to use summit energy as their local utility supplier
Centre d'appel qui exploite les employés
Commercial Sales Representative (B2B) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 May 2016
Attention à Summitt Energy Québec ( aka Infinity Energy ) !

Je n'ai jamais été payé pour les appels téléphoniques que j'ai fait. Ça comprend une semaine de formation à faire des centaines d'appels par jour et après la formation. Deux semaines complètes.

Selon les normes du travail au Québec, un salarié est réputé au travail et doit être payé :
- quand il est à la disposition de son employeur sur les lieux du travail et qu’il est obligé d’attendre qu’on lui donne du travail ;
- pendant toute période d’essai ou de formation exigée par l’employeur.

(http://www.cnt.gouv.qc.ca/salaire-paie-et-travail/horaire-de-travail/)
Pros
Café gratuit
Cons
Travail sans salaire et sans contrat
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2016
If you're self-motivated, you can do something at that company. Can make many friends across the organization. Continuous improvement.
Pros
fun, friendly, informative
Cons
night shifts
Standard Work Environment
Portfolio Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 December 2015
A growing company that is oriented around traditional business practices. Generally good co-workers with positive attitudes.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Inflexible work hours
Dynamic business environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2015
A day's work starts with a discussion about overcoming prospect objections to Gaz Metropolitain price protection plan and marketing strategy.Beng informed of Economic trends was a priority to help investors make right business decisions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unstable income
Direct marketing
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2015
Summitt Energy is a company which subcontracts its employees through various marketing firms. They prefer a direct marketing approach, ie, door to door sales. I'm sure you can understand the strain placed on employees in such an environment and, the morals and business approach taken by the company leading to my low rating of them. I did enjoy working for them and had many great managers and influences; however, the overall attitude of the company was not parallel to my own and, therefore did not work out. I do not begrudge my former employees, nor do I harbor a grudge. It was just simply not to be.
Pros
Working outdoors
Cons
It was door to door sales
this company was shady
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2015
This company didnt value their employees. There was a lot of drama. The management had very limited knowledge of our work
Best Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2015
Typical day is coming in the evening logging in and making phone calls to the US customers.
I have learned that being honest in this company can get your fired. Because a few of my co-workers are always late for work and slack off by using their phones while working and a couple of people went to report this and a few months later they were fired for trying to report people.
The management is really under skilled. people are leaving because the place is not being managed properly.
the hardest part of my job is knowing that I am smarter than the management and learning to keep my mouth shut when they are providing a poor and unrealistic way of doing things.
the best part of my job is i get to enjoy the benefits of coming in late and taking longer lunch period. the evening supervisor leaves before his shift and we don't complain on his therefore he doesn't mind us breaking the rules either.
Pros
you can arrive late for work
Cons
there is no training
Call Center Supervisor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2015
Typical work day is log into the phone and take inbound calls.
I have learned that you need to be dishonest to customers to keep your job.
Management - Did my research on the call center supervisor and director and none of them have an education background. If you try to complaint on something that is not right you will get fired.
Co-workers are smarter than the management
Hardest part of the job is learning to turn a blind eye to all the unethical behaviour from management
Best part of my job is there is no discipline in this environment.
Pros
You can come in late every day as long as you are doing your job
Cons
no room to improve yourself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summitt Energy. Our community is ready to answer.