SUMMIT TOOLS

SUMMIT TOOLS Pay & benefits reviews

Canada38 reviews
Worst Company Ever, Regional Manager/Warehouse Manager consistently nags at the employees whenever a simple mistake was made. You are expected to do more work than described in the job description for cheap pay. Employee never got a raise promised to them after years of working there, Warehouse looks like a horror scene, as leaks all over and its flooded every time it rains. They will hire you for Tax purposes and fire you after a month or so with no cause. They make you shovel snow for hours when it snows. Just a ridiculous & Cheap company overall with Terrible Management.
Really enjoyed working with everyone at Summit tools. Great Culture and friendly people. Salary is very competitive and if you work hard there is a lot of recognition.
Pros
Work hours life balance
Cons
working inventory once a year
An entry-level employee has to cover managers' faults, in other words, managers don't take responsibilities for their faults. They micro-management everything even though your personality and style work working.
Pros
Cons
Bad management with low salary and high volume of work
You're always expected to clock in and start work 10 mins early, but don't get paid for it. If you clock out 1 min early, they deduct 15 mins of pay. They don't provide any training, and will fire people if they do not like them. Work culture and management team is horrendous. Owners do not like anyone making any sort of decisions without their consent. No place to grow within the company. Always negative vibes from employees about management team, as they don't care about their employees.
Pros
Salary, employees are nice
Cons
unpaid work, rude management
Official response from SUMMIT TOOLS
17 June 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Summit Tools.
I would like to address the payroll concerns you had, as they do not reflect the approval system used. All hours are approved on a quarterly basis, if clocking in at 8:01 for an 8:00 shift there are no deductions until you are later than 5 minutes which is then a 15 minute deduction. The same applies to clocking out early, no deductions occur if you clock out at 17:42 for a shift that ends at 17:45.

Furthermore, if your hours appear irregular then payroll inquires with management to make sure no unjust deductions occur, such as forgetting to clock back in after a break. Overtime forms however must be submitted to management and signed off on before being submitted to payroll.
I have been working at Summit Tools for a few months now and I have really enjoyed it so far. The Burnaby location is a good place to be if you are motivated and a hard worker, the company and the customers require the employees to work hard and be knowledgeable, which is a good match for me and my tool experience!

Aside from the job, I really like my co-workers, they make the job enjoyable and the culture in the store is really great. There is always lots going on that keeps the staff and managers busy, but I always feel like they have time to help me and answer my questions.

One of the best things about this job is that it is full-time, which isn't always easy to find.
Another plus is that the pay is good and there are benefits available after six months.

The only downside is that you have to work Saturdays, so you don’t always get two days off in a row.
Pros
Fun co-workers, full-time hours, good pay
Cons
Split weekends