SUMMIT TOOLS

SUMMIT TOOLS Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Sales Representative4 reviews
Canada4 reviews
Featured review
SUMMIT TOOLS selected this as a representative review
I have been working at Summit Tools for a few months now and I have really enjoyed it so far. The Burnaby location is a good place to be if you are motivated and a hard worker, the company and the customers require the employees to work hard and be knowledgeable, which is a good match for me and my tool experience!

Aside from the job, I really like my co-workers, they make the job enjoyable and the culture in the store is really great. There is always lots going on that keeps the staff and managers busy, but I always feel like they have time to help me and answer my questions.

One of the best things about this job is that it is full-time, which isn't always easy to find. Another plus is that the pay is good and there are benefits available after six months.

The only downside is that you have to work Saturdays, so you don’t always get two days off in a row.
Pros
Fun co-workers, full-time hours, good pay
Cons
Split weekends
Was a little intimidated with the amount of tools this place has to offer at first. I am fairly confident in using them however ensuring the customer received what they truly needed was a little intimidating to me. Management and staff put me at ease instantly as well were ready to assist me in every step with my learning curve. I will definatly miss this place.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
None to think of
They were quick to respond to the initial application, I had a phone interview and scheduled for an interview within a week.

The interview was archaic questions like 'tell me a time when you disagreed with your boss', and many similar questions, basically no right answer type questions.

The interviewer was interrupted several times during the interview, kept apologizing but really disrupted the flow of the interview.

The interviewer, who was the store manager explained the typical work day, every employee was required to work every Saturday, every one gets Monday off and one other day. You work 8.5 hours per day, half hour unpaid lunch (which is fine), but they do not allow coffee breaks, you are permitted the 1 half hour break in an 8.5 hour day.

you get 2 weeks vacation, but June and July are blacked out, as is December, and several other "sales weeks" throughout the year, basically any long weekend.

If you do need a Saturday off, I was advised you need to request it at least 5 weeks in advance, even then there is good chance it won't be approved.

needless to say I declined the offer
Very hard to work here, Inventory is a nightmare making it very difficult to get anything done. It is like a revolving door, people are constantly quitting.
Pros
Not much of any
Cons
bad managent