SUMMIT TOOLS

SUMMIT TOOLS Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate3 reviews
Canada3 reviews
Featured review
SUMMIT TOOLS selected this as a representative review
I have been working at Summit Tools for a few months now and I have really enjoyed it so far. The Burnaby location is a good place to be if you are motivated and a hard worker, the company and the customers require the employees to work hard and be knowledgeable, which is a good match for me and my tool experience!

Aside from the job, I really like my co-workers, they make the job enjoyable and the culture in the store is really great. There is always lots going on that keeps the staff and managers busy, but I always feel like they have time to help me and answer my questions.

One of the best things about this job is that it is full-time, which isn't always easy to find. Another plus is that the pay is good and there are benefits available after six months.

The only downside is that you have to work Saturdays, so you don’t always get two days off in a row.
Pros
Fun co-workers, full-time hours, good pay
Cons
Split weekends
Great place to work. No late nights and closed sundays and stat holidays. Fast paced environment and great co workers. Good culture and fair treatment by management.
I don't recommend anyone to work for this company they are used to use people and then fire then without justification; they treat employees like a robot, you can't not go to washroom, just in your 30 minuts break time, poor management, environment is very tense, people are just stressed and working under pressure, cashier position is good but they want to be very fast, so they dont care much about customer. On sales you can make good money but atmosphere is terrible.
Cons
Full time
Worked there for a few months and the job itself is great. Once you start to learn where everything is it becomes quite easy to direct customers to the proper product and you eventually get regulars who are very nice. This being said inventory is a joke and the store itself is extremely dissorganized. There are no proper locations for overstock and product is just thrown anywhere it fits... This makes it difficult to find anything. Also there is lack of staff so if you're sick you get a guilt trip by management or are told to come in/rough the day out anyways... Staff are quite nice other than a couple who look down on you and brag how good they are. Overall not a hard job but deffs not one you want to stay at long.
Pros
Flexible and regular shifts, schedule is done monthly, decent pay.
Cons
Some unproffessional staff, management has lack of communication, no welfare for employees, completely dissorganized