SUMMIT TOOLS

Lead Cashier1 review
Canada1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Featured review
SUMMIT TOOLS selected this as a representative review
I have been working at Summit Tools for a few months now and I have really enjoyed it so far. The Burnaby location is a good place to be if you are motivated and a hard worker, the company and the customers require the employees to work hard and be knowledgeable, which is a good match for me and my tool experience!

Aside from the job, I really like my co-workers, they make the job enjoyable and the culture in the store is really great. There is always lots going on that keeps the staff and managers busy, but I always feel like they have time to help me and answer my questions.

One of the best things about this job is that it is full-time, which isn't always easy to find. Another plus is that the pay is good and there are benefits available after six months.

The only downside is that you have to work Saturdays, so you don’t always get two days off in a row.
Pros
Fun co-workers, full-time hours, good pay
Cons
Split weekends
You're always expected to clock in and start work 10 mins early, but don't get paid for it. If you clock out 1 min early, they deduct 15 mins of pay. They don't provide any training, and will fire people if they do not like them. Work culture and management team is horrendous. Owners do not like anyone making any sort of decisions without their consent. No place to grow within the company. Always negative vibes from employees about management team, as they don't care about their employees.
Pros
Salary, employees are nice
Cons
unpaid work, rude management
Official response from SUMMIT TOOLS
17 June 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Summit Tools.
I would like to address the payroll concerns you had, as they do not reflect the approval system used. All hours are approved on a quarterly basis, if clocking in at 8:01 for an 8:00 shift there are no deductions until you are later than 5 minutes which is then a 15 minute deduction. The same applies to clocking out early, no deductions occur if you clock out at 17:42 for a shift that ends at 17:45.

Furthermore, if your hours appear irregular then payroll inquires with management to make sure no unjust deductions occur, such as forgetting to clock back in after a break. Overtime forms however must be submitted to management and signed off on before being submitted to payroll.