SUMMIT TOOLS Employee Reviews

Terrible Company To Work For
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 February 2019
This company has some of the worst turn over I have ever seen. They use people and then get rid of them in the slow season. It is a poorly managed company with terrible culture.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor Leadership
Very bad place to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 December 2018
You can get fired for no reason, people who work there are very mean, they talk about their each other!!! Simply as that do not work for this company. I swear this is the worst compliment have worked for !!
Salesmen
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam31 October 2018
I worked here for almost two years. I submitted my two weeks, and without notice I was told I was fired. I'd been paid out my two weeks almost 3 weeks later.

Then these goofs put "Fired" on my record of employment.

Happy to have left such a crummy vindictively ran company. The owners are driven by one thing, nepotism and profits.
Pros
Free BBQ once a year
Cons
micromanaged, cut corners
Industry Leader
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 May 2018
Progressive company that is a true industry leader. I am always amazed at the aggressive pricing and generous stock levels. Great coworkers and learning every day. Glad I chose to join Summit Tools.
Excellent place to work and grow
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 May 2018
I have been working with Summit Tools for over a year now. All this while, I have learned a lot and I can see my self growing daily with the company. The Company is progressive and that's the best part. You and your career do not stop at an organisation where there's scope and a lot to learn.

Notion that applies "Excel to Prevail"
Pros
Growth
Cons
Too much Sternness
Store (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 March 2018
I have been working at Summit Tools for a few months now and I have really enjoyed it so far. The Burnaby location is a good place to be if you are motivated and a hard worker, the company and the customers require the employees to work hard and be knowledgeable, which is a good match for me and my tool experience!

Aside from the job, I really like my co-workers, they make the job enjoyable and the culture in the store is really great. There is always lots going on that keeps the staff and managers busy, but I always feel like they have time to help me and answer my questions.

One of the best things about this job is that it is full-time, which isn't always easy to find. Another plus is that the pay is good and there are benefits available after six months.

The only downside is that you have to work Saturdays, so you don’t always get two days off in a row.
Pros
Fun co-workers, full-time hours, good pay
Cons
Split weekends
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 March 2018
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 February 2018
Cashier and Customer service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 February 2018
Cheap and unprofessional
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 November 2017
Pretty bad company to work for unless you are a fresh highschool student. Anyone with actual experience will feel underappreciated and underpaid. While a few workers get favoritism from supervision and do jack all day long.
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 September 2017
A Transformative Organization
Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Burnaby5 September 2017
The company is well established in the Tool and Hardware industry. Even though I work in the office, I can't help but notice the excessive foot traffic in the store, on a day to day basis that makes the overall business successful.
Management provides strong direction to ensure all work gets done in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my efforts contribute to the bigger picture and helps deliver on organizational and departmental goals!
The culture is something that is continually improving which allows me to confidently state: I am a proud Summit Tools employee :)
Pros
Great place to work, lots of tool industry exposure and knowledge gained
Cons
You have to be self motivated to thrive
Dissorganized and poor inventory. Just not a good place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 April 2017
Very hard to work here, Inventory is a nightmare making it very difficult to get anything done. It is like a revolving door, people are constantly quitting.
Pros
Not much of any
Cons
bad managent
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 April 2017
Inside Customers
Order Picker, Forklift Driver and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC18 February 2017
The workplace was satisfactory, safe but the producers to adopt for the employee were new, as the company had relocated to a new location. That is why the company needed some time to adjust at the new location, and due to undergoing construction of an office created some hindrances in job accomplishment.
Decent job but extremely dissorganized with poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC9 January 2017
Worked there for a few months and the job itself is great. Once you start to learn where everything is it becomes quite easy to direct customers to the proper product and you eventually get regulars who are very nice. This being said inventory is a joke and the store itself is extremely dissorganized. There are no proper locations for overstock and product is just thrown anywhere it fits... This makes it difficult to find anything. Also there is lack of staff so if you're sick you get a guilt trip by management or are told to come in/rough the day out anyways... Staff are quite nice other than a couple who look down on you and brag how good they are. Overall not a hard job but deffs not one you want to stay at long.
Pros
Flexible and regular shifts, schedule is done monthly, decent pay.
Cons
Some unproffessional staff, management has lack of communication, no welfare for employees, completely dissorganized
Fun PRoductive environment
Shipping and receiving/warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 December 2016
I enjoyed my time while working at Summit tools how ever the store closed down and I was unable to continue my employment there.
Pros
Flexible work schceduals and hours. Freindly co workers and great managment
Cons
poor communication between employees and managmentwhen it came to making exectutive decisions.
Terrible Management...
Former IT person (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 November 2016
Poor management. Plain and simple. They rather spend money on their own luxury, but not in the business to improve the business. They are quick to lay blame on others when the decision they made was a mistake.
Pros
Cheap tools at employee discount
Cons
Bad management
Very productive and good people to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC13 November 2016
Staff is very knowledgeable with all power tools and great at connecting with customers. Very helpful in assisting any concerns or questions you may have.
Pros
Free cake and coffee
Cons
Inventory
Active Environment
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 March 2014
Employees are very friendly and welcoming
Most enjoyable part of the job is riding the order picker
Hardest part of the job at the moment is remembering where every item is located