SUMMIT SCHOOL

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Historically great school environment

For most of my years at Summit, a typical day working with children was interesting and satisfying. The last two years there under the most recent manager, it became much more stressful. I learned through the 20+ years there how to negotiate with and lead teachers, parents and children as a counselor in a school. For most years the management was excellent, very supportive of workers and professional growth, encouraging teacher autonomy, health and well-being for the benefit of children. The school ethos was extremely positive, of the highest quality. As management changed, it became very difficult to work in the anxious environment that evolved under the new leadership style. However, the treasured relationships with children, parents and teachers remain forever.

Pros

Long history of loving school environment

Cons

Difficult management change

Fun coworkers, not so fun director(s)

Before the newest director, I loved my job. Under the newest director, the management went to trash. Lack of ambition. Lazy, and preoccupied with her life. The idea behind co-directors was to hold each other accountable, but instead they found the quickest ways to cut corners and not give the staff the full support they needed.

Pros

wonderful parents and staff appreciation days

Cons

Lack of ambition and motivation in management

Excelente empresa

Es muy buena la escuela, la dirección y el.personal excelente, no es sólonuna empresa es una institución por dar buena educación a los alumnos y tienes el campo ideal para desarrollarte profesionalmente.

Pros

Excelentes instalaciones y buenos compañeros de trabajo

Cons

Los alumnos por ser de sociedad de economia alta es difícil motivarlos a trabajar, todo quieren rápido y a su modo, suelen ser groseros y despotas por no trabajar, no les gusta hacer actividad física.

Before i start the day i make sure that all my activities are well planned and well resourced, I also make sure that my activities are differentiated. l learned how to deal with learners who have behaviour issues and those who are hyperactive. The management takes time to equip teachers to become 21st century teachers by conducting professional developments in various areas. Though the staff are from different parts of the world, I enjoyed this diverse culture as it nourished my professionalism and academic prowess. The hardest part of my job is when learners do not engage no matter how hard you try. My greatest moments are those when a child who walked into my classroom with absolutely no English vocabulary comes to me conversing in English.

productive and fun workplace but poor salary

management,working environment are good but salary is poor... work presser is too much..more leave should be added.need to improve leave rules and salary structure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUMMIT SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4